[Q] Unable to get Saferoot to work with NC1

Search This thread

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
I was rooted with 4.1.2 and haven't rerooted since taking 4.3 which I had to do for work. I know the bootloader is locked forever. I'm okay with touchwiz. But, after taking NC1, I tried saferoot for the first time on 4.3 and I got hung up at "sending files to device". I looked under the covers a bit and tried to just execute the commands manually. I can shell to the phone and do stuff, but if I try the install, it just hangs. And when I looked in /data (the bat file pushes stuff to /data/local/tmp) I see nothing. I tried simply pushing the files somewhere else and that was fine, but when I tried to change the permissions, I got "Operation not permitted".

Needless to say, I'm not rooted. But it seems others get farther than this before failing, even on NC1. So my big question is whether there is something funky with my setup or with adb which is preventing these commands from working properly. My phone initially connects as an installer but then flips to a media device shortly thereafter, even though I have usb debugging enabled, etc, since I can obviously run adb and all.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
Well, it looks like, despite my different behavior, saferoot doesn't work on NC1 anyway. From what I've read, some kept root after the update and some didn't. At this point, it appears my path would be to odin back to ML1, root there, and then try the update to see if root is maintained (or ignore it).

I noticed on AT&T someone managed to come up with a modified update that could be applied using safestrap that would maintain root for sure, but I don't think that will work here and haven't seem the same for Verizon yet.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Well, it looks like, despite my different behavior, saferoot doesn't work on NC1 anyway. From what I've read, some kept root after the update and some didn't. At this point, it appears my path would be to odin back to ML1, root there, and then try the update to see if root is maintained (or ignore it).

I noticed on AT&T someone managed to come up with a modified update that could be applied using safestrap that would maintain root for sure, but I don't think that will work here and haven't seem the same for Verizon yet.

You should probably just ignore it unless your going to Canada any time soon. Otherwise you will most likely loose root and need to do it all over again.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
People have had luck keeping root by checking the survival mode in the paid version of super su. Just thought I would let you know in case you really want to be on the update. I will be making a pre rooted odin file sometime soon. I gave my main pc to my fiance and am currently on her old crappy laptop. It wouldn't be a problem but I need to install linux before I can do it. You probably don't care but ill be buying a Clevo P150SM-A in a few months so that should fix all my computer problems for the next 6+ years (just in time to upgrade to a graphene processor!).

neil7398

Oct 5, 2009
saferoot on NC1

Do you think there will ever be an update to Saferoot that will allow it to work on NC1 or is that not really possible? I have used Saferoot on earlier firmware versions and it was great how easy it worked.....??