ICS on Rogers Caller ID coming up as unknown

Search This thread

JoeSmoo

Mar 30, 2012
Calgary
Just curious, why would that make a difference? Don't hate me if that is a stupid question, just wondering...

No stupid questions :)

Maybe the difference is with the value pack you get both caller ID and name display and if you just have caller ID you don't get the name display?

Last edited:

whatlobster

Jun 5, 2011
Yep my caller ID works with both land lines and cell phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

P0NDER0SA

Jan 14, 2011
I was experiencing the same issue and tried everything I could find. Just called Rogers and had them remove the name from my caller id and everything is working perfectly now.

cheers

Last edited:

Ridilen

Jun 10, 2011
Bolton
I am also having this problem but a different variant. All land and cell phone come up nicely with name and number except for my home phone.

I have two contact in google with the same number, when I deleted the number from one contact they both will not work now.

Thinking it might be a google thing for me. Seems it is remembering the number for the old contact but cannot place it now. So it comes up unknown.

BTW I am running the ICS MOD5 ROM.

Weirdness.

desi.no79

Dec 3, 2010
Hey All

i was having the same problem after flashing my S2 LTE with superlite- 4.0, every incoming call was showing up as "UNKNOWN"

Called Rogers, Spoke to Tech Support found that NAME Display Feature is not compatible with my Samsung S2 LTE, as soon as it was removed, i rebooted my phone and tested...All is working ..i am now using superlite-5.0. :D

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Hey All

i was having the same problem after flashing my S2 LTE with superlite- 4.0, every incoming call was showing up as "UNKNOWN"

Called Rogers, Spoke to Tech Support found that NAME Display Feature is not compatible with my Samsung S2 LTE, as soon as it was removed, i rebooted my phone and tested...All is working ..i am now using superlite-5.0. :D

yup, the current ics roms are incompatible with the caller id system rogers uses. Those of us who have Name Display will have numbers show up as "Unknown" if they have the name set to blank in there caller id, even though their number is shown. Only way to fix it is to call in and set your plan to only use caller id.

deekdeek

Jul 12, 2009
Confirmed

yup, the current ics roms are incompatible with the caller id system rogers uses. Those of us who have Name Display will have numbers show up as "Unknown" if they have the name set to blank in there caller id, even though their number is shown. Only way to fix it is to call in and set your plan to only use caller id.

Agreed called rogers removed the name portion on Caller ID and now all works! YAY! but NAY to rogers. :)

steeven01

Feb 4, 2011
Damn my situation sucks I can't disable name display because I'm on a government plan. So no ics for me until a rogers release I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

soda0289

Apr 12, 2012
Winnipeg
This seems to be the most annoying thing with the ICS ROMs, I'm on SKY-ICS. I have noticed it work with calls comming from other rogers customers but not with calls from other providers. I don't really wanna call rogers and cancel name display since it is a nice feature.

AlonB.

Mar 10, 2012
Toronto, ON
This seems to be the most annoying thing with the ICS ROMs, I'm on SKY-ICS. I have noticed it work with calls comming from other rogers customers but not with calls from other providers. I don't really wanna call rogers and cancel name display since it is a nice feature.

You have noticed correctly. I read the same thing somewhere else and also tested it out myself to confirm

Except it's not just an ICS-Superlite issue.

Then it has to be a source code issue, and won't be fixed until the source is released. I'm on sky ics now and experiencing the same thing. Its an inconvenience but I'd rather live with it for now and wait a bit until it's fixed, than remove name display on rogers' end...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

lockdown10

Sep 6, 2011
Doesn't seem like there is much development specifically for I727R and this call display issue. Anyone else going to give it a few weeks to see if there is a fix?
:eek:

JoeSmoo

Mar 30, 2012
Calgary
I called Rogers 3 weeks ago and just had the name display turned off, I'm not holding my breath for a quick fix to this. Really its pretty minor and I haven't given it a second thought since I called Rogers and things started working ok again.

slim94

Jul 27, 2010
I had to call rogers and ask them to remove the name display. Numbers showing up for me too now.

They also added me to some call-back list as to when this is resolved. Apparently an issue with most LTE devices from what he told me, i never mentioned anything about being rooted and on ICS.

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
my caller id works

i used "SKY ICS--- 4.2D-9 (4/28/12) amazing battery, and super-fast!!" rom by seanzscreamsm, my caller id works, lte works too, i used the UCLD2 modem

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
damn, now its happening to me, some calls that r in my contacts r coming up as "unknown"

i need called id, didnt want to call rogers, flashed back to rogers using the sammobile stock tar for rogers (worked perfect and no counter being registered) , will probable wait for official ics, plus gb works really fast as is, will just costomize gb to get what i want

steeven01

Feb 4, 2011
This has now been fixed in the new ucle2 leak. The fix is in the Android 4.0.4 change log.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been doing some searching and have found that rogers and fido are the only carriers that have caller id with name and number display. Other carriers just have caller id with number display. Problems android users may experience are name/number coming up as unknown, pay phone, or has the number but says unknown name. Other android users have been fixing this problem by calling rogers and disabling name display leaving you with basic caller id which only shows the number if the person is not in your contacts list. If they are in your contacts list it will show their name aswell. I haven't tried this for myself though.

Common words that came up when I was searching this is RIL and CNAP (Call Name Presentation)

Another fix I was reading is that it has to be built into the rom to understand caller id with name display. On the Galaxy Nexus board they talking about something called CNAP. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419175

I was thinking maybe pulling whatever it is that is needed from the rogers gingerbread rom and putting it into the ics rom to make it but work if that's even possible I have no idea.

I remember having this problem on my old LG EVE and the temporary fix was to call rogers and disable name display but I just waited for a fix instead.
    LeeC's ICSradio.zip

I was having the same problem earlier after I flashed mhx's ICS-Superlite-4.2 with the radio included in that OP. The baseband came up but caller IDs didn't work. So I tried fixing it by flashing the Stock Bell Note radio I717MUGLA2, still nothing. And this time the baseband said unknown as well. But keep in mind both flashes had no problem with dialing and receiving calls. Just the caller IDs weren't coming up.

Finally I flashed LeeC's ICSradio.zip (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24140728&postcount=5), and accidentally clicked on fix permission in recovery, and now caller ID's working just fabulously. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it (LeeC's radio? Flashing ICSradio after the Bell one? Or randomly fixing permission?). Either way, something to try for my fellow Rogers people.
    I was having the same problem earlier after I flashed mhx's ICS-Superlite-4.2 with the radio included in that OP. The baseband came up but caller IDs didn't work. So I tried fixing it by flashing the Stock Bell Note radio I717MUGLA2, still nothing. And this time the baseband said unknown as well. But keep in mind both flashes had no problem with dialing and receiving calls. Just the caller IDs weren't coming up.

Finally I flashed LeeC's ICSradio.zip (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24140728&postcount=5), and accidentally clicked on fix permission in recovery, and now caller ID's working just fabulously. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it (LeeC's radio? Flashing ICSradio after the Bell one? Or randomly fixing permission?). Either way, something to try for my fellow Rogers people.

So was it the radio or the permission that fixed it? It only happens to me when people call from landlines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    So was it the radio or the permission that fixed it?

Can't tell ya. :confused: I flashed the radio and as I was navigating out of the touch recovery I accidentally clicked on fix permission. Not sure if it's the combination of both or one of them worked. I just tried calling my phone with landline and caller ID comes up fine now.
    This is a good topic. Been having the same issue. This should've neen brought up in the ICS-Superlite thread though for better answers and results. I stumblled across this one by mistake