Bootloader locked on non branded ZU

Search This thread

karim-ps

Dec 16, 2012
Warsaw
Hi guys
I'm a Sony enthusiast and love the Xperia line up have had several Xperia phones actually, loved them all.But what grabbed me most is the sleek precision engineered Z ultra, fallen in love with it since day one, but never had the opportunity to get it due to many causes on top of them it's availability in my country and high initial price. I lately had the chance of getting a new one and it amazed me actually. What bothered me is that when I checked the configuration menu I found out that the Bootloader unlock statue is set to NO, which is a nightmare. What makes it worse is that I have no warranty as a friend of mine got it to me from Europe brand new and on the packaging there is no trace or name that would justify that it was purchased on contract from a carrier. So guys, is there anyway I can get the Bootloader unlocked ? and how can I get information on it's carrier ''providing it was sold on contract'' . I have seen many people with various Xperia devices who have a Bootloader unlock status:NO on contract free phones, and also,seen many cases of the Bootloader unlock status:NO and people still could unlock it the official way. Please light me up

Last edited: