[Q]PS3 Controller on 3.1

Search This thread

godashram

Feb 28, 2007
Just tried my madcatz ps3 sf4 fightpad and it worked.
Tried with the ***noid emus like snesnoid, gensoid, etc as well as fpsce all worked.

Fyi the fightpad is a wireless 6 button gamepad with a dongle using RF wireless.

Now to find my fightstick and a cps2 emu....

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

interqd

Nov 15, 2008
Bali
Just tried my madcatz ps3 sf4 fightpad and it worked.
Tried with the ***noid emus like snesnoid, gensoid, etc as well as fpsce all worked.

Fyi the fightpad is a wireless 6 button gamepad with a dongle using RF wireless.

Now to find my fightstick and a cps2 emu....

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

could you give us pic / link for your controller?

DJ_Jedi

Jun 10, 2010
When using a PS3 controller with a PS3 system, it will use bluetooth connectivity whenever possible. If for some reason a controller will not sync with the PS3, you can get it to connect over USB, but that's not the preferred/default method. You can easily see this to be true when you're playing a game while charging your controller via USB. Unplug the USB cable -- did your controller lose connectivity? No, because it was always connected via bluetooth. Otherwise, if it lost USB connectivity it would have to reconnect via bluetooth when you disconnected the cable.

As for the PS3 controller on other devices via USB or bluetooth, to the best of my knowledge every single device requires drivers. This includes Android v3.1 devices -- some of them just have the driver built-in to their ROM. Apparently, Acer did not include that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdd2qX9pz4k
Here's the Xoom
But it's very strange Acer didn't include the driver, because it's built in the source of 3.1

godashram

Feb 28, 2007
Last edited:

interqd

Nov 15, 2008
Bali
hi ... just FYI
my friend just tried his dual shock 2 controller on the stock acer 3.1 and work without root..

but of course, u need the adapter like this
ux_a07080300ux0021_ux_c.jpg

its still much cheaper that ps3 controller which has same feature :D

DJ_Jedi

Jun 10, 2010
Acer reply to my tweet about the update and they just say: "Acer don't release 3.1 update yet"

vichoff

Jul 6, 2011
PS3 Controller Works kinda - isn't seen

I just connected my PS3 controller via USB to my newly updated A500 and although the OS doesn't seem to "see" the controller when I am in the settings menus it will move through the menus via the directional pad. The four "connection" lights on the controller are still blinking. So it's "kinda" there. Anymore advice?

MrBoingy

May 6, 2011
Didn't read the entire thread but I just updated to HC 3.1, plugged my PS3 controller in, went to FPse and didn't work.

So went into settings, mapped the buttons (ie where it says UP, i pressed the UP button)...

Works no problems.

lord_voldemort666

May 21, 2011
Winston, Oregon
You guys must make sure that you haven't accidentally turned on the PS3 with your controller, because then it will try to pair with it. It didn't work for me, until I noticed mine was on, after I turned turned it off it works great. Using standard DS3 with provided USB cord.

k0sun7eash3d

Jan 4, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Everything is getting connected just fine. Has anyone managed to get Honeycomb to read the analog stick as an analog stick though? It's only detecting it as a "D-pad" so I can't move around in games using N64oid.