[RECOVERY] [N7] [grouper] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.3 + Nightlies [Flashable Zip]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
ClockworkMod Recovery -- Latest grouper Official & Nightlies

This thread is for the Nexus 7 2012, Wi-Fi (grouper) model, ME370T.

"Nightlies" and changelogs are posted in this thread each time a version bump is made in the source with no official update on ROM Manager. Zips for the latest official are also posted until another "nightly" gets made. Links to the latest "nightly" zips will be in this post, as well as links to the latest official fastboot images via ROM Manager.

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-11.0

Downloads

Current Official: 6.0.4.3 (Oct 6, 2013)
Fastboot links: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager
Changelog link: http://v.ht/6043go

Use the appropriate fastboot command to flash on an unlocked bootloader:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockworkmod-touch-6.0.4.3-grouper.img

Or use my Flashlt script or Recovery zip!

Final "Nightly": 6.0.5.1+ (Nov 4, 2014)
Flashable Zip / Changelog link: http://v.ht/6051gf

Zips provided to flash in the custom recovery of your choice.

Credits: I take no credit for any of the fantastic work done on the recovery; I'm just making it easier for the community to follow along by sharing builds from builder.clockworkmod.com (or mirrors.reflected.net for 6.0.4.9+) and packaging them as zips with a changelog summarized from the Github contributions. CWM is open source and features ongoing work by koush, cyanogen, PhilZ and many others.

Last edited:

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Official + "Nightly" Build Changelogs

Recent Major Features/Changes:

- End-Of-Life for ClockworkMod Recovery, features reduced to become Cyanogen Recovery. (6.0.5.2+)
- Allow selective restore of multiple partitions. (6.0.5.0+)
- Multi-core support "performance mode" during backup/restore. (6.0.4.7+)
- Remove all extra "No" options, create .many_confirm to restore. (6.0.4.5+)
- Reintroduce "Rainbow Mode" Easter Egg. (6.0.4.0+)
- Add gzip format (tgz) to Default Backup Format Menu, reducing backup size significantly. (6.0.3.8+)
- Save last 6 recovery logs in /cache/recovery/. (6.0.3.6+)
- Remove Fix Permissions option. (6.0.3.5+)
- Add Reboot to Bootloader and Power Off options to Advanced Menu. (6.0.3.5+)
- Add rooting of unrooted devices with koush's Superuser. (6.0.3.2+)
- Remove Wipe Battery Stats option. (6.0.2.2+)
- Enable "adb sideload <zip>" command. (6.0.1.5+)
- Add creating an update zip of /data apps to share with others. (6.0.1.1+)
- Add dedupe format (dup) to Default Backup Format Menu, reducing space required for multiple backups on one device. (6.0.0.0+)

Current Issues / Notes:

- Key test does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a hard reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
- SELinux in JB4.3+ changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.
- factory (/staging) and many other important device partitions may now be accessible in the "mounts and storage" menu, so be careful not to format them.

Changelog History:

- Oct 6, 2013 - Nov 4, 2014 - 6.0.4.3 official to 6.0.5.1+ End-Of-Life "nightly"
- Sep 24, 2013 - Oct 6, 2013- 6.0.3.8 official to 6.0.4.2 "nightly"
- Jul 23, 2013 - Sep 24, 2013 - 6.0.3.4 official to 6.0.3.8 official
- Apr 13, 2013 - Jul 1, 2013 - 6.0.3.1 official to 6.0.3.3 "nightly"
- Dec 16, 2012 - Mar 19, 2013 - 6.0.2.3 official to 6.0.3.0 "nightly"
- Nov 18, 2012 - Dec 16, 2012 - 6.0.1.9 official to 6.0.2.3 official (old thread)
- Jul 20, 2012 - Nov 18, 2012 - 6.0.1.0 official to 6.0.1.9 "nightly" (old thread)
- Time immemorial. ;)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
Works great finally able to make a backup. This is my first nexus deceive and kinda different from what I'm used to. My background consists of the infuse 4g and the galaxy note. Thanks for my first mod since unlocking and rooting!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

n7of9

Mar 19, 2011
Sydney
thanks...i like to keep a zip file handy

ROM Manager still says that i have 6.0.1.9, even though my recovery correctly states 6.0.2.3...should i care?

jscarano

Jun 1, 2010
Orlando Fl
Does CWM not like if you rename the nandroids too long? I tried naming one 1-3-13 Paranoid Android 9.5 and gave me a md5 mismatch but now is working since I renamed it 1-3-13?!?!?! thanks

r3a1ist

Aug 8, 2011
Bump, so this is deemed safe now? Kinda miss cwm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery -- Latest grouper Official & Nightlies

This thread is for the Nexus 7 2012, Wi-Fi (grouper) model, ME370T.

"Nightlies" and changelogs are posted in this thread each time a version bump is made in the source with no official update on ROM Manager. Zips for the latest official are also posted until another "nightly" gets made. Links to the latest "nightly" zips will be in this post, as well as links to the latest official fastboot images via ROM Manager.

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-11.0

Downloads

Current Official: 6.0.4.3 (Oct 6, 2013)
    Fastboot links: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager
    Changelog link: http://v.ht/6043go

Use the appropriate fastboot command to flash on an unlocked bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockworkmod-touch-6.0.4.3-grouper.img

Or use my Flashlt script or Recovery zip!

Final "Nightly": 6.0.5.1+ (Nov 4, 2014)
    Flashable Zip / Changelog link: http://v.ht/6051gf

Zips provided to flash in the custom recovery of your choice.

Credits: I take no credit for any of the fantastic work done on the recovery; I'm just making it easier for the community to follow along by sharing builds from builder.clockworkmod.com (or mirrors.reflected.net for 6.0.4.9+) and packaging them as zips with a changelog summarized from the Github contributions. CWM is open source and features ongoing work by koush, cyanogen, PhilZ and many others.
    CWM Unofficial "Nightlies" Changelog - grouper:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-11.0

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Oct 7, 2013 - 6.0.4.4 fix touch events on some devices, updates to loki support.

Nov 11, 2013 - 6.0.4.5 remove all extra "no" options (create .many_confirm to restore), optional swipe-based touch controls on some devices, reboot more cleanly, vold fixes, new "last path" option under install zip and menu fixes, make/clean build fixes.

Jan 1, 2014 - 6.0.4.6 memory usage improvements, fix vold formatting, menu fixes, move all recovery settings to one file in /data/media/0/clockworkmod/, code cleanups, update loki support to v2.1, revert to old Andy with earwiggle (I worked around this change in the ramdisk because it was hideous).

Jan 22, 2014 - 6.0.4.7 build branch change to cm-11.0: add set_metadata and set_metadata_recursive to updater, don't change perms on symlinks, add reboot standalone command for 4.4 compatibility, support SHA-256 certificates in verifier, start healthd in recovery, logging improvements, fix secure adb, fix vold mounting, fix reboot timing, support xattr, improve dup backups by allowing for moved files, support multiple cores and inceased performance during backup/restore and package installation, revert to old Andy not merged; fix default backup format menu, update su daemon compatbility, code cleanups, include KK4.4 update-binary to fall back on if one in zip is too outdated or broken, switch to cat for backup and restore.

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs / Notes:
    - Key test does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a hard reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
    - SELinux in JB4.3+ changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.

[ Attachments removed since there is a newer nightly. ]
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.2

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Oct 7, 2013 - 6.0.4.4 fix touch events on some devices, updates to loki support.

Nov 11, 2013 - 6.0.4.5 remove all extra "no" options (create .many_confirm to restore), optional swipe-based touch controls on some devices, reboot more cleanly, vold fixes, new "last path" option under install zip and menu fixes, make/clean build fixes.

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs / Notes:
    - SELinux in JB4.3 changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.

[ Attachments removed since there is a newer nightly. ]
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-11.0

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is still the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Jan 1, 2014 - 6.0.4.6 memory usage improvements, fix vold formatting, menu fixes, move all recovery settings to one file in /data/media/0/clockworkmod/, code cleanups, update loki support to v2.1, revert to old Andy with earwiggle (I worked around this change in the ramdisk because it was hideous).

Jan 22, 2014 - 6.0.4.7 build branch change to cm-11.0: add set_metadata and set_metadata_recursive to updater, don't change perms on symlinks, add reboot standalone command for 4.4 compatibility, support SHA-256 certificates in verifier, start healthd in recovery, logging improvements, fix secure adb, fix vold mounting, fix reboot timing, support xattr, improve dup backups by allowing for moved files, support multiple cores and inceased performance during backup/restore and package installation, revert to old Andy not merged; fix default backup format menu, update su daemon compatbility, code cleanups, include KK4.4 update-binary to fall back on if one in zip is too outdated or broken, switch to cat for backup and restore.

Apr 10, 2014 - 6.0.4.8 fixes to "mounts and storage" menu hiding certain mounts like /efs and /radio by default and adds ro.cwm.forbid_format and ro.cwm.forbid_mount properties to adjust these per device, enable performance mode in tgz extract/compress only, disable performance mode for package installs, display improvements for overlay devices and high res, f2fs support fixes, reboot command fixes, yaffs2 backup support, general cleanups and compile fixes, USB adb+ums fixes, support upstream minui changes, revert fallback update-binary and instead create a legacy property environment, loki updates, add native dualboot if supported, (ramdisk mod by myself to hide /staging,/boot from the format list).

Known Bugs / Notes:

Attached is a recovery flashable zip of the touch version. A newer non-touch (swipe) version is available.
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.1

Apr 13, 2013 - 6.0.3.1 is the most recent on ROM Manager, fix segfaults on non-/sdcard/ devices and writing recovery version/device to /sdcard/0/clockworkmod/, clean up minadbd, save recovery log with backups, extend courier font for minui, allow cancellation of sideload and triggering via command.

May 2, 2013 - 6.0.3.2 add ext4 support, on unrooted devices will ask to root and do so with koush's Superuser.

Known Bugs:

[ Attachments removed as a newer nightly has been released. ]