Search This thread

Boomgawd

Jun 8, 2009
Grrrrrr

Have you tried clearing Market cache?

I cannot, I goto

Settings > applications > Manage > com.android.vending > click

I get, Application not found.

I havent cleard dalvic-cache in recovery yet tho....

I didnt backup this time and I would really love some way to even re-install just market.. I should know better, i know...

EDIT: When I goto settings > apps > Manage | I do see com.android.vending using 1.73mb but I cannot click on it to clear it, I am just presented with the above application not found. Same deal with when I try to click the home screen icon..

Cleared DAlvic-Cache, still no market. "application" not installed when I try to run it.

Last edited:

dead2hill

Mar 9, 2009
San Antonio
I'm still wondering why the miniscule reports of bluetooth failing are going unnoticed, is it just me and the three others that are having this issue?

Also why is their no haptic feedback in the dialer?!?

And before you attempt to answer in a sarcastic tone, yes I have enabled it in spare parts and in locale keyboard....

Boomgawd

Jun 8, 2009
I'm still wondering why the miniscule reports of bluetooth failing are going unnoticed, is it just me and the three others that are having this issue?

And before you attempt to answer in a sarcastic tone, yes I have enabled it in spare parts and in locale keyboard....

I havent seen the bluetooth issues, I will test the BT a little right now.

Haptic in dialer I would immage is not working because the dialer is not the stock android dialer but an add in.. I would assume the add-in isnt setup to look at the haptic settings of the OS. check in the settings for the dialer to see if there is a way to turn it on seperatly.

Boom

Riel

Mar 1, 2006
Born
www.zzapps.nl
Just updated trough updater to 4.2.4, all went perfectly fine.

Been using updater so just came from latest version.

but now every 15 /30 minutes it seems to reboot android. Not a huge problem but quite strange to see.

sahurbari

Jul 18, 2009
philadelphia
reported issues

hi i had reported problems with this rom an now that i have cleaned everything i'm no longer having problems i wiped installed the htc recovery than i loaded the rom everything is fine now i haven't had any reboots music player works great i'm currently using alienaqua over the enoch 4.2.4 i like the font from enoch but just to stay on context its very fast i've tried everything that people have reported from page 470 to 501 i'm not having the problems that they are having but just because i'm saying this doesnt mean that the bugs don't exist when will we get a real stable rom though there have been updates for this every month i know 2.0 firmware is coming out soon the question i have though will there be a 4.3,4.3.1,and so on an so on if so this really sucks :(

xpek12

Oct 23, 2009
having problems signing into my gmail. anyone any clues?
i can use the browser perfectly and all. and use gmail there.
but i want to sign in on my phone kuz i cant get to the market with out that ****.
and get all my contacts back to sync onto my phone.
so please help out.
private messages would make it easier. quotes as welll. but someone help meh~!:eek:

idkidk

Oct 1, 2009
Piacenza

Alleluya, another one that have bt problem... ;) but, for me, haptics work, not for all apps i.e. when i "press" the icon on screen the phone vibrate.....

Bye
Idk

Erikbronx

Nov 24, 2007
having problems signing into my gmail. anyone any clues?
i can use the browser perfectly and all. and use gmail there.
but i want to sign in on my phone kuz i cant get to the market with out that ****.
and get all my contacts back to sync onto my phone.
so please help out.
private messages would make it easier. quotes as welll. but someone help meh~!:eek:

Same here. Ever since the update.:confused:

stepava

Mar 2, 2009
I update to 4.2.4 just yesterday and I have a strange problem.... suddenly, without any apparent reason the phone start vibrating!!! and doesn't stop... I have to pull out the battery to stop it vibrating continously... does anyone have the same problem?

softwaretech

Nov 13, 2009
Idaho
Phone Restarts Itself

I just switched over to Cyanongen Mod 4.2.3.1 and it seems the phone will restart itself without me doing much. Any suggestions?

cangri87

Dec 4, 2007
The OC - Saint City
love the update

updated since day it came out on MT3G and have not had any issues..

for all the ppl if you are having issues.. please start fresh..
by FRESH i mean.. dont be lazy and do a full wipe flash the rooted version and then CM mod.. and i bet you wont have any of all of these problems being mentioned. :cool:

MarvinTheAndroid

Jul 20, 2009
Staffordshire
Just wanted to say many thanks Cyano - great rom as usual.

No problems to report here, although I did think google gears was borked at one point, but a quick reboot sorted that out.

<wishes there there was a :notworthy: smilie>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the dust has settled, it's time for a new CM build..

This is a heavily modified version of AOSP 1.6 without the proprietary bits (which will back up your proprietary bits and restore them after installing the ROM). In order to get up and running the first time, you'll need to follow some simple instructions. A great set of documentation has been put together by the community at the CyanogenMod Wiki. Everything you need to know is there!

But first..

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

The Android devices we own come with many files that can't be redistributed legally, and as you all probably know, I can no longer include these with my ROMs. So, in order to get up and running, you'll need a compatible device with a compatible ROM.

Installation Guide @ CyanogenMod Wiki:: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Main_Page#How_do_I_upgrade_to_the_latest_CyanogenMod.3F

IF HTC Touch Input Force Closes: install file below =)

* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
    * Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
    * Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
    * Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
    * Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
    * Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
    * Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
    * Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
    * 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
    * Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
    * Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
    * Does not require "DangerSPL"
    * Includes a massive APN list
    * Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
    * Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
    * System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
    * Phone app enhancements by cytown
    * MMS enhancements from rgv151
    * FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
    * Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
    * Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
    * USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
    * Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
    * Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
    * Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
    * Multitouch browser and gallery
    * Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair

Code Repository on Github: http://github.com/cyanogen

Visit our new forum for all the latest updates and downloads!

Stop by #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net!
    can anyone tell me how to install the bfs image?
    I'm up and running! You guys are awesome!
    Glad to hear you got it going ...... now drink a beer or sparkling water ..whatever your fancy
    That makes sense to me. But its a paid app so I don't think the author would post the apk on his site. But anyway, its just a Task manager. I can always use another one. Just that Advanced Task Manager worked best.

But 4.2.3.1 worked beautifully except for that one app and for the fact that after installing 2-3 apps, I have to restart phone or I get the 'Installation Error' problem.
    You could wait for an update. My market let me install some of the protected apps I lost when I wiped my ext3 when there were updates (before that the buttons for open and uninstall were greyed out).
    HTC 1.6 Base images

...A.K.A HTC "Recovery images"

Guys I know there are new links up and live, but I thought I might add a few more for convenience and diversity (uploaded to RS).
    I know the ADP one works for sure and is rooted.
    The Dream one is the one that's been floating around, and is also available here

HTC Dream image
    md5sum: b3e12b004c155761a10b1a848288e0c3

HTC ADP image (rooted base)
    md5sum: 9725b0334de45d678221b626f90e6703

They will be available as long as I maintain my RS account, so till January 21st for sure. Let's hope we don't need them anymore by that time ;)