[Q] HTC ONE m7 NO OS

Search This thread

Nvoy

Jan 18, 2009
ok, firstly yes im a noob but not a noob legend, so i have a basic understanding of what im doing.
Now i tried to Flash a Viper rom on my HTC ONE M7 with CWM and i realize that this was a horrible mistake on my part
i cant mount sdcard to put on a different rom nor anything to tht effect.
im from Jamaica and my carrier is Digicel.
im on

this is my bootloader screen

****TAMPERED ******
***** UNLOCKED****
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 1.56.0000
RADIO-4A.25.3263.21
OpenDsp-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.19.401.11
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Feb 26, 2014. 12:32:09.0

i cant access adb
it always gives an error and says no devices found
Please guys help me get my M7 Up

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Look for the all in one toolkit and adb sideload.

You May need the new drivers it has.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

UltraNoob

May 6, 2012
Try to return the device to stock. So the first thing you want to do is install the HTC drivers on your computer. Next find the RUU (rom) for your device here: http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/ruu-file-downloads/

Next thing is you want to boot into the bootloader menu and connect the usb. It should be in fastboot mode now. Now since you have S-On you will have to relock the bootloader before you are able to flash the RUU. I'm not 100% sure how to relock the bootloader but google is your friend. Once bootloader has been locked you need to boot the device in fastboot mode once again. once there you will have to run the following commands in command prompt.

use cd to change the directory to where you downloaded the RUU zip. ie if its on your desktop then it should be (assuming its windows):

cd C:\Users\"your Username here"\Desktop

next you want to run

fastboot oem rebootRUU

then once the htc logo pops up run

fastboot flash zip "the name of the RUU zip file".zip

The first time you run the previous command you should get an error like this:

FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)

Once you get this error run the previous command immediately. The RUU should now just flash the phone back to stock and you should be good to go!

Nvoy

Jan 18, 2009
Re: Htc one m7 no os

how do i know which RUU will work , how will i know the compatibility, my fone is unbranded so no Sprint, At&t, none o that shows when i usually turn my phone on

serzenus

Oct 21, 2012
istanbul
sometimes my m7 can not be detected by my computer so giving commands to it is impossible.
then i restart my computer and its all ok.
you should try that

Nvoy

Jan 18, 2009
FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)

that is the error i got when i tried flashing the ruu "RUU Zip M7 HTC Google Edition_3.06.1700.10"

UltraNoob

May 6, 2012
Did you change your cid as in the previous post? To flash the Google play edition ROM you will need a the super cid or the Google one

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

how do i know which RUU will work , how will i know the compatibility, my fone is unbranded so no Sprint, At&t, none o that shows when i usually turn my phone on

Since your phone is unbranded I would go with the developer sense ROM. This might also need the cid change as well, but the developer ROM is the brightstar US one

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app

UltraNoob

May 6, 2012
when i try to change my CID it gave me a usb error :| sigh

you are in a conundrum at the moment. In order for you to change the CID you need S-off. So that would be the first step. Find a way to get s-off then everything should just work smoothly

*****Edit*****

Don't know why i didnt mention this before, but the google play edition rom needs s-off to work which is why it didnt work. So like i mentioned before try to install the brightstar US developer RUU. Also what is your CID ATM? You might need to install an RUU specific to your CID

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

you can get your CID by booting into fastboot and running this:

fastboot getvar cid

The biggest thing you need right now is to get back to a running rom. From there you can root, get S-off and then run any sort of rom you want. With S-on you are severely limited.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

on second thought lets try and get you back up and running with viper rom as that seems easier at this point. As long as your bootloader is unlocked i think we should be able to do it. Do you by any chance have a USB OTG cable? It will help immensely if you have one.

The first thing you should do is get twrp custom recovery. from here:

http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m7/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-m7.img

next you want to flash this recovery using fastboot

so navigate using cd to where you dowloaded the file as before

then type in command line

fastboot flash recovery "NameOfRecovery".img

after this you should now have TWRP recovery installed. Next you will want to boot into recovery and if you do not have a USB OTG cable then follow the instructions in this video to load the viperrom zip file onto the phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CivvxcM1PCY

Once the file is on your phone. You will want to do a data wipe/factory reset in recovery. Now you can finally flash the rom and will hopefully get you back up and running.

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Guys,

take it easy a bit, flashing RUUs, changing CIDs, Kindle Fire sideload youtube etc. is rushing things a little, especially with S-On!! ... and S-Off can wait.

especially without a "fastboot getvar all"

at OP, please start by
1- posting a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n)
2- what recovery you are running (name and version)
3- what does Windows Device Manager show (while in custom recovery) -> "Unknown Device" or "Android USB .. -> My HTC" (if it's the former then check my guide FAQ #2... disregard the guide only check the FAQ!!)

Nvoy

Jan 18, 2009
lol guess what guys, i jus got my device to accept the sideload command...i unplugged my device and plugged it back in and now it wont pick up sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nvoy

Jan 18, 2009
ok so im back in adb devices trying to push the rom, i reached as far as this command "adb push Rom.zip.zip /data/media"
but it says Permission Denied..why?

Nvoy

Jan 18, 2009
THANKS A BUNCH GUYS FOR UR HELP, I finally succeeded in doing it , i done it by sideload and nailed tht ****!!!!!!!!!!but cudnt do it without u guys insight, patience and help thanks