[Q] Will the Verizon HTC ONE M8 works on AT&T?

Search This thread

qazq1a2z3

Apr 8, 2014
Hi there,

I just got my verizon htc one m8 but I was wondering will this phone works with at&t sim card? Can I receive AT&T 4G LTE signals?

Any helps are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

p2kmafia

Apr 26, 2012
No, the verizon m8 runs on the CDMA network whereas the ATT m8 runs on GSM. Sorry man

jidcman

Dec 29, 2011
I'm thinking about using an upgrade on a flip phone I have on Verizon to get this phone.
How hard would it be to get it to work on Straight Talk and since they use AT&T's network, would I be able to get HSPA+ too?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

javigc

Nov 23, 2007
hspa and hspa+

hspa is 3g 850mhz 1.5mbps tops and hspa+ is "4g" 1900mhz 5-20mpbs tops which is really like a 3.9g theres a story behind this but im only answering the question which is which ;) so pretty much this device is ready for either bands ;) just check who's got those bands and you are ready to go ohh by the way no LTE if it isnt with verizon peace im out im batmaaaaaaaaaaaaan! ;)

Napoleones

May 3, 2014
Because Verizon’s 4G LTE devices use SIM cards, that means many of them (the global-ready ones, anyway) are compatible with the regular 3G/2G GSM bands used everywhere else in the world (no LTE, however). When traveling, simply pop in a prepaid SIM card, configure the APN settings with the network you’ll be using the phone on, and boom. You’re up and running on 3G. Same goes for AT&T in the US (again, no LTE because of incompatible bands).

Reactions: jesusprice

syllamonster

Aug 18, 2014
It does get AT&T LTE, I have a GoPhone account with AT&T and get LTE with my M8. Only in some areas, get about 70% hspa, and LTE the rest, just depends on your location and the AT&T LTE bands used in your area, but the M8 does get LTE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because Verizon’s 4G LTE devices use SIM cards, that means many of them (the global-ready ones, anyway) are compatible with the regular 3G/2G GSM bands used everywhere else in the world (no LTE, however). When traveling, simply pop in a prepaid SIM card, configure the APN settings with the network you’ll be using the phone on, and boom. You’re up and running on 3G. Same goes for AT&T in the US (again, no LTE because of incompatible bands).