[Q] need help getting back to stock on hk version

Search This thread

Jeffymclovin

Aug 21, 2014
hey yall I been searching and reading all forums on going back to stock. theres only regular sprint htc m8 version and nothing on the hk edition so I can get the new ota and remain on stock. ive lost my back up file when I upload a custom rom. ive tried a bunch of things like using ruu and that but kept getting an error like a 32 and a 99. I cant get the s-on to turn off to get more. idk if im doing something wrong or what but im hoping someone can shine some light this way and help me out. yes I tired the sunshine apk but it pops up need based rom etc. so.........

Jeffymclovin

Aug 21, 2014
You have to relock to use an RUU when you're still S-ON, and you must make sure that you're using an HK RUU.

not to seem stupid but this is a learning process for me coming from iphone to android. so when u say relock u mean bootloader? n do I need to have original recovery. and when I do the ruu im using fastboot it wont cuz me to have an error again right?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
not to seem stupid but this is a learning process for me coming from iphone to android. so when u say relock u mean bootloader? n do I need to have original recovery. and when I do the ruu im using fastboot it wont cuz me to have an error again right?

Yes, relock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock). That'll prevent the error 92 or whichever it was. It doesn't matter what recovery is on there, as the RUU will overwrite it with stock.

Reactions: Jeffymclovin

Jeffymclovin

Aug 21, 2014
Yes, relock the bootloader (fastboot oem lock). That'll prevent the error 92 or whichever it was. It doesn't matter what recovery is on there, as the RUU will overwrite it with stock.

ok I relocked the bootloader and fastboot the Sprint_HTC_One_M8_Harman_2.16.654.4_RUU it still wouldn't let me go any further {failed<remote: 12 signature verify fail>} is what I got

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
ok I relocked the bootloader and fastboot the Sprint_HTC_One_M8_Harman_2.16.654.4_RUU it still wouldn't let me go any further {failed<remote: 12 signature verify fail>} is what I got
Did you review the instructions on how to flash it? I believe you extract the 0P6BIMG.zip from the larger zip file, and put it on your external SD.

Reactions: Jeffymclovin

Jeffymclovin

Aug 21, 2014
Did you review the instructions on how to flash it? I believe you extract the 0P6BIMG.zip from the larger zip file, and put it on your external SD.

yea it would kinda help if I read the instructions the right way lol I finally got it back to normal I greatly appreciate it my man but do got one more thing tho the s-on am I able to use firewater to get it off now or use sunshine apk cuz I was also having issues with that too

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
yea it would kinda help if I read the instructions the right way lol I finally got it back to normal I greatly appreciate it my man but do got one more thing tho the s-on am I able to use firewater to get it off now or use sunshine apk cuz I was also having issues with that too
You can try Firewater, but most likely you'll need to use SunShine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to relock to use an RUU when you're still S-ON, and you must make sure that you're using an HK RUU.