[ROM] [4.4.2] AOKP :: kitkat :: I9300

Search This thread

AOKP_ROM

Nov 30, 2012
83.png

Device: Samsung S3 - I9300

81.png

» Installation is simple:
  • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
  • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
  • Reboot
78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Official downloads, mirrors, MD5s are found at AOKP.co

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
» AOKP on Github
» SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
» Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!

patrik@xda

Jan 11, 2012
Thank you! Will try as soon as possible, what are the bugs, issues? The same as CM11?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: dj_jormi

armude

Oct 7, 2010
Does it work as second rom with googy max2 kernel?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

patrik@xda

Jan 11, 2012
Oh and btw is it based on latest CM M2??

patrik@xda

Jan 11, 2012
stupid question, but can someone please post a direct download link, i am confused with the download section, just downloaded the milestone which is 4.3, instead of the 4.4 i wanted :eek:

Reactions: costel1968

patrik@xda

Jan 11, 2012
Don't know how it's possible, i guess something is wrong with my browser or sometning :confused:

DjoeN

Aug 10, 2010
Planet Earth
Just to let you know, those who come from unofficial aokp (elelinux/others) and just upgrade by only wiping cache/dalvik cache) can have some trouble with lost accounts and missing apps, Solved by setting back my stuff with titanium backup

So, do a full titianium backup, upgrade to official aokp and put your titanium backup back and all should be ok

Last edited:

Sheeezy

May 9, 2013
So lets try this one out.
Unfortunally most of the kitkat ROMs don't have too much features.

patrik@xda

Jan 11, 2012
So far, found three bugs, the percentage in the battery icon isn't working, it's showing 0%, the on screen buttons don't work, and wifi sometimes drops for no reason, other than that, very fast, very fluid, will come back with more bugs once i found them

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    83.png

Device: Samsung S3 - I9300

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Official downloads, mirrors, MD5s are found at AOKP.co

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Oh and btw is it based on latest CM M2??

AOKP is not based on CM. We only use specific hardware related code.
    I'm not judging, who am I to do that? If I had the chance I'd have done the same. The google dream is powerful (an empire out of nothing...).

But you say Aokp development won't be affected if the head of the project works for Cyanogenmod as a job?

I can't be sure, but seems like they are cutting off every important ROM project leaders and we'll have to see if other take their place. For the moment open source is taking many hits, you must admit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Roman himself stated that he will have time for AOKP when working at CM: https://twitter.com/romanbb/status/426553836409352192

Even if he doesn't you should take a look at the recent merged changes and who actually submitted it: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged,n,z
    Roman has been very busy with his old job and all the other members of the team could continue bringing AOKP forward.

This is the beauty of Open Source projects: They don't depend on a single person or company to exist.
    well i tested another rom and there it worked fine, no need to flash google apps or bug i found , i dont rly care for google apps though, it keeps device load lessi havnt tried installing GApps since i couldn't find a way to create app folders on homescreen and menu either like i used to on ota
    No Nandroid backups... No nothing? Wow!

And u flash the stock Sammy tar files and root ur device and blah blah... All over again everytime? Looks like u have a lotta spare time on ur hands... Hmmm!

We have tools and methods here on XDA to make out lives easier & enjoyable... And it sure does cut down the time needed to flash ROMs for users like us... FLASHAHOLICS!

As advised in previous post... You should really do some reading.

I say this because... The installed instructions/guide for this Rom... Clearly says to flash GApps after flashing the Rom.

The information is out there... Devs take so much time putting information in words for us to read... Thanks Devs...!

I'm sorry if I sound rude... It's not my intention... But try not to be a menace to the community... Ask questions if u really couldn't find the information or need a second opinion... Ignorance isn't appreciated... Take some time and read the information and follow the instructions...!

--
    Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on OmniROM 4.4.3 (official nightly) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk
    I can't seem to find how to customize LED notification color in ROM control or elsewhere. That's possible on AOKP right? How do I do it? :)

The next nightly will have this again.