[Q] Delay when answering a phone call

Search This thread

hanskg

Mar 4, 2014
Whenever I answer a phone call there is a 3-5 second delay between when I answer and when what I say can be heard. The first few seconds doesn't get through to the person on the other end. Pretty frustrating.

This doesn't happen if I use the earpiece, then the sound gets through straight away.

I have sent the phone in for repairs, and they exchanged the microphone, but I still have the same issue.

Anyone else se this? Any fix for it? Or should I ask for a new phone?

/Hans

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Whenever I answer a phone call there is a 3-5 second delay between when I answer and when what I say can be heard. The first few seconds doesn't get through to the person on the other end. Pretty frustrating.

This doesn't happen if I use the earpiece, then the sound gets through straight away.

I have sent the phone in for repairs, and they exchanged the microphone, but I still have the same issue.

Anyone else se this? Any fix for it? Or should I ask for a new phone?

/Hans

It would possibly illicit a response if you'd bothered to tell us which phone model, which software version and what other apps etc you were using...

hanskg

Mar 4, 2014
It would possibly illicit a response if you'd bothered to tell us which phone model, which software version and what other apps etc you were using...

Sorry. Since I posted in the LG G2 forum I thought it was obvious which phone I had. It is stock (no apps installed at all) and the latest factory OS.

I have sent it back and received a new phone, so it seems to have been a hardware issue.

Regards,

Hans