[Q] Trying to update software, keeps going to recover and no update. Please help.

Search This thread

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
Hello,

My phone is root and S-OFF (thank you firewater) and am now trying to update the phone.

My phone downloads the update (1.54.651.8 (114.76MB), puts it in my \downloads directory, and when I hit"Install now" on my phone it just reboots right to recovery and wont install.

Then I say oh well, I have the file in my download directory so I go to flash the .zip to update the phone, and the TWRPs screen flashes a bunch of times, then just goes right back to the TWRP home screen and I then have to reboot the phone, but it has no update.

I can't even disable the update to stop it from popping up until I figure it out, and my phone is rebooting way more than it needs to because of it.

Please help.

Thank you for your time in this manner.

dazednconfused

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
Charleston, WV
twitter.com
Hello,

My phone is root and S-OFF (thank you firewater) and am now trying to update the phone.

My phone downloads the update (1.54.651.8 (114.76MB), puts it in my \downloads directory, and when I hit"Install now" on my phone it just reboots right to recovery and wont install.

Then I say oh well, I have the file in my download directory so I go to flash the .zip to update the phone, and the TWRPs screen flashes a bunch of times, then just goes right back to the TWRP home screen and I then have to reboot the phone, but it has no update.

I can't even disable the update to stop it from popping up until I figure it out, and my phone is rebooting way more than it needs to because of it.

Please help.

You can't flash a system update with a custom recovery. If you want the stock rom and continue to be rooted with custom recovery, then I would suggest Bad Seed Customs Stockish rom located HERE or going over to Captain-Throwback's thread and download the updated stock rom located HERE.

Last edited:
Reactions: stovo06

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
You can't flash a system update with a custom recovery. If you want the stock rom and continue to be rooted with custom recovery, then I would suggest Bad Seed Customs Stockish rom located HERE or going over to Captain-Throwback's thread over on theMikMik and download the updated stock rom located HERE.

Thank's a ton.

I am going to have to go with Captain_Throwback's and i'll update my original post if it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Please help.

You can't flash a system update with a custom recovery. If you want the stock rom and continue to be rooted with custom recovery, then I would suggest Bad Seed Customs Stockish rom located HERE or going over to Captain-Throwback's thread and download the updated stock rom located HERE.