Do you use a case?

Search This thread

droidfreak007

Oct 29, 2011
I currently just have a screen protector on mine with the royal blue back.
I bought an incipio ngp case but i find the color doesnt shine through and the phone feels ALOT better without a case.
Generally not a clumsy person so im not too worried about falls.

mr_nooby

Jul 17, 2012
I bought a simple cheap silicone case and it saved my phone 5 times already (at least). So yeah my phone would be broken by now if I didn't get that case :p

Inviato dal mio XT1032

rugerredhawk

Dec 17, 2011
I ended up bying a $18 trident case. It kind of sticks in my pocket a bit now, and really I prefer the phone naked, but I tend to drop my phone enough that I'm just going to make myself get used to this. The fit is fine and all the buttons work great still, I just don't like the fact that it sticks coming out of my pocket, but it's a tradeoff.

digitalmahdi

Sep 12, 2009
I'm having a fosmon hybird case. I can say if I didn't have it my phone would b broken.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Faruko

Dec 24, 2013
Santiago
i always use my phones completely naked, nor the screen or the back has any scratches and i have it since last december, not to mention its a sub-200 dollar phone, while of course its money it doesnt cost 600 or more like some phones out there, if i had one of those i would but not on this one

hooah212002

Dec 15, 2010
I'm having a fosmon hybird case. I can say if I didn't have it my phone would b broken.

Is this the one you are talking about? I am getting a Moto G Friday and this is one of the only cases that jumped out at me. I'd prefer a holster because I want a bulkier case (I drop my phone a lot) and don't want a bulky case in my pocket. The few reviews on this seems like it is a great deal and people are genuinely pleased, but there are only 4 reviews and a lot of these cheaper cases seem to have bogus reviews. I fish a lot and use my phone to take pictures of the days catch, so a rugged case is nearly a must, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg if I don't have to. it's not like I throw my phone at things.

digitalmahdi

Sep 12, 2009
No I am using the hyposnap one but this seems really better than what I have now. I am considering ordering it right now. The hypo snap is a 2 piece of rubber and plastic back. It well protected both back and screen of my phone till now.

scibuff

Dec 9, 2013
Although I don't use an actual case, I still protect my Moto G with a tempered glass protector. I also applied a Dbrand black titanium skin to the stock black cover to give the phone a premium feel and grip.

skandals

Aug 12, 2010
Porto
I use a Ringke Slim case and a screen protector.

The screen protector seems a bit unnecessary, I've seen tests in youtube of people trying to scratching it with knives and failing :p

The case... saved me a bunch of times, I'm a bit clumbsy.

xips

Feb 29, 2012
Nexus 7
Moto G
A case is cheap insurance. While I have never dropped my phone from my hand, I have placed the phone in my shirt pocket, at some time bent over and the phone hit the deck on a few occastions. Another thing to consider is other people handling your phone. Some people are responsible and will do the right thing while others could care less. Of course this situation can be eliminated by not allowing anyone to touch your phone. Overall, a case gives me peace of mind and a lot less things to worry about. And no additional expense in insurance.

Reactions: NextGenGTR

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
I initially used a belt pouch with a velcro starting with my dumbphones up to the Nexus S. Worked well, never dropped the phone in a way that damaged it.

I changed my mind and got an OtterBox Defender for my Note 2, and subsequently another one for the Moto G because I started using public transit again for my commute. All it takes is some dumb jerk with an oversize backpack to bump the phone out of your hands and onto terrazzo, tile or concrete. Holster-style cases work well for my needs.

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
Moto FlipShell though strictly speaking, I don't think it truly is required.

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
When cycling I keep my Moto in my jersey pocket. I have a cheap silicon skin, then slip the skinned phone into a waterproof zip-lock bag designed to take your phone into the pool. I do the same when going to the beach, as I don't imagine sand is good for the phone. The rest of the time, no case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A case is cheap insurance. While I have never dropped my phone from my hand, I have placed the phone in my shirt pocket, at some time bent over and the phone hit the deck on a few occastions. Another thing to consider is other people handling your phone. Some people are responsible and will do the right thing while others could care less. Of course this situation can be eliminated by not allowing anyone to touch your phone. Overall, a case gives me peace of mind and a lot less things to worry about. And no additional expense in insurance.
    How well does it work for you?

It works perfect, a bit heavy but I love it. Side buttons are hard to press, but protection is great.