[THEMES] Cognition 4.1+: Gingerbread, Honeycomb

What other themes would you like to see for Cognition?

• AOSP FROYO

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Honeycomb

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Other (Specify in the thread)

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Vik_92_Sandhu

Jan 17, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
I flashed the honeycomb theme and after changing the background it freezes at lockscreen. When the phone goes in standby and you try to turn it on there is no lockscreen to unlock it so I have to reboot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

antonyvijai

Feb 14, 2011
chicago
I am currently on cognition 4.2. I like the honeycomb theme. If I move to serendipity 6.2 then can I flash the same honeycomb theme? I know serendipity uses JS7 (I9000) & cognition uses KB1. If we cannot use it then can anyone let me know if there is one available in this forum? Please give a link if it is possible. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
Update for the new battery mod and mms.apk

I was not able to get the battery mod to display properly. Maybe I over looked something in the code, but I can't get it to work.

I'll post the mms.apk(s) tomorrow morning, central daylight time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

tifxalex

Oct 27, 2010
Avondale
Update for the new battery mod and mms.apk

I was not able to get the battery mod to display properly. Maybe I over looked something in the code, but I can't get it to work.

I'll post the mms.apk(s) tomorrow morning, central daylight time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Notice on the honeycomb theme: the volume/media toggle isnt themed at all...
Kind of makes it inconsistent...

Looks really good though!!

Way excited for the mms.apk

How exactly did you test it?

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
I would like to let everyone know that despite the overall approval and use of the themes I create I am no longer going to be doing development. I find that it takes too much time away from other more important things in my life. Thanks for the support everyone.

antonyvijai

Feb 14, 2011
chicago
I would like to let everyone know that despite the overall approval and use of the themes I create I am no longer going to be doing development. I find that it takes too much time away from other more important things in my life. Thanks for the support everyone.

Hear you buddy! Your work is simply great and if amd when you find time please share your work. All the best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you backup before flashing in case something goes wrong. I am not responsible in any way if you brick your phone. You accept all risk that comes with flashing your phone.

With this theme I decided to go for a more genuine GB look. Which is why there are more files to flash. Also after some trial and error and help from people around the forum I finished my bootanimation.

Here are some GB themed apps. These are not required for the theme to work but do make the theme look good as a whole. *note the Dialer were pulled from Serendipity and can be found on the Serendipity site.

All of the files are Clockwork Mod flashable except the "Icons and Dock.zip"

*NOTE*

This theme will not change the look of your launcher. There are Gingerbread styled icons and dock attached if you want to theme your launcher. This is not a CWM file. Download it, unzip it and pick what you want.

Credits:
    DesignGears: Cognition 4.1+
    arcardinal: Larger font in the battery mod
    MikeyMike01: Help with the twframework, themed Swype and dialer
    Kaik541: More GB like Signal bar and fixed wifi icons
    Honeycomb Theme

Attached is the Honeycomb theme that received of 70% of the vote in the poll. This Honeycomb theme has been ported from PuffinNugz's theme he created.

*UPDATE
    The battery icons in PuffinNugz's theme didn't port over properly. I tried everything I could think of to get them to work but could not. So what I have done is recolor the GB battery icons to match the blues in the rest of the HC theme.

*Note
    If you want your lock screen to look like the one in the screenshot you have to use the puzzle lock in the settings.
    Hmmm, I'm using Cog. 3.03 and it seems that this theme only changed certain properties of the theme. For example the notification bar is from this theme, but when in settings or any other menu, the font color and type is still from my previous theme.

Otherwise great work, thanks :)
    Gets stuck at Installing update for Icons and Dock. I've tried 3 times, re-downloaded the .zip twice

The GinCog3.xip installed fine.

Cog 3.04

I suppose I should have specified in the OP (will fix). The icon and dock zip file is just that, a zip file. download it and unzip the file to see the icons and dock. You will have to manually apply each one.
    I probably could. I won't be able to get to work on it until Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App