HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Slaughter, not to worry about me jumping HTC's ship, still on it. I'm just really happy with my 3D and I see my wife having problems with her EVO all the time, random reboots and stuff. Using the stock rom and she won't let me flash another rom. It is rooted S-Off though. I'll probably wait for my upgrade to go with the EVO after this upcoming EVO.

I will be in this boat with you brother, unless I luck into a free or extremely cheap phone. I personally like the 3D, i can't give it up yet.

Reactions: Riff76

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
I will be in this boat with you brother, unless I luck into a free or extremely cheap phone. I personally like the 3D, i can't give it up yet.

Yeah this is my last premier upgrade I have here...might just get it and then finally sell my OG S-OFF EVO finally...

If this EVO doesn't have all the LTE bands it makes it tough as next years will deff have them by then.

Likely getting this one and hoping by the time the next one is out they have that early upgrade program fully rolled out...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

pstevep

Retired Senior Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 31, 2010
A place just beyond throwing distance
Yeah this is my last premier upgrade I have here...might just get it and then finally sell my OG S-OFF EVO finally...

If this EVO doesn't have all the LTE bands it makes it tough as next years will deff have them by then.

Likely getting this one and hoping by the time the next one is out they have that early upgrade program fully rolled out...

I'm hoping we can port over some of the stuff from this new evo.. Like some of the camera stuff and what not..

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
She doesn't buy accessories. In fact the case I bought for EVO, she didn't use until she dropped it and cracked the digitizer. Yeah I was pissed, I traded in my Hero for her Otterbox TPU case that she didn't use. I miss that little bugger, the Hero, wish I kept it since it has camera working on its ICS roms. Needless to say, she uses the case now but thats it for accessories.

haha they learn over time we know whats best. lol

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
I never had premier upgrades yet i've had a new phone every year, lucky me;)

Whats the trick?

I used to do this before I was premier with Nextel and would just add a line to the account, then swap phone lines b/w the phones so the new phone had my old phone #, then cancel the new added phone line...they never required the phone to be sent back, back then...did it 2x for my smoking i95cl and sweet motoQ. lol
Nextel phones used to be awesome, i60, i95cl were awesome devices in their day. imho.

obviously that was long ago and frowned upon, nor would I do this now being a grown adult, and a conscious now...as a kid you do stupid things all the time...

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
Whats the trick?

I used to do this before I was premier with Nextel and would just add a line to the account, then swap phone lines b/w the phones so the new phone had my old phone #, then cancel the new added phone line...they never required the phone to be sent back, back then...did it 2x for my smoking i95cl and sweet motoQ. lol
Nextel phones used to be awesome, i60, i95cl were awesome devices in their day. imho.

obviously that was long ago and frowned upon, nor would I do this now being a grown adult, and a conscious now...as a kid you do stupid things all the time...

Well when I was on AT&T I broke my phone like a year into my contract and they just went ahead and gave me a free upgrade haha umm I switched to my parents sprint account a couple days after the og evos launch day to get that. Broke it in January 2011 then broke another one in August 2011. When I broke it in August the gave me a brand new in box evo 3d without making me use my upgrade:) so I just get lucky haaaha:) my current upgrade is coming in late April early May and I'll hold out till June to get the one x! Then I'll have to find a way to get another upgrade by June 2013;)

And hears my phone history haha
March 2007 (t-mobie prepaid)- old Nokia brick (first phone)
Then got a razr (t-mobile prepaid)
From that went to a Samsung blackjack 2 in June 2008 (AT&T)
Broke that haha so got another one:)
Then got an old sidekick id unlocked (AT&T)
From there went to a HTC pure in February 2010 (AT&T)
Then onto the og iPhone (AT&T) aahahaha
Then switched to my og evo<3 2010 (sprint)
Broke a couple of those and now have the evo 3d 2011-present (sprint)

And I'm 17 haha. Oh and I paid for most of those phones so don't say I'm spoiled;)

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Well when I was on AT&T I broke my phone like a year into my contract and they just went ahead and gave me a free upgrade haha umm I switched to my parents sprint account a couple days after the og evos launch day to get that. Broke it in January 2011 then broke another one in August 2011. When I broke it in August the gave me a brand new in box evo 3d without making me use my upgrade:) so I just get lucky haaaha:) my current upgrade is coming in late April early May and I'll hold out till June to get the one x! Then I'll have to find a way to get another upgrade by June 2013;)

And hears my phone history haha
March 2007 (t-mobie prepaid)- old Nokia brick (first phone)
Then got a razr (t-mobile prepaid)
From that went to a Samsung blackjack 2 in June 2008 (AT&T)
Broke that haha so got another one:)
Then got an old sidekick id unlocked (AT&T)
From there went to a HTC pure in February 2010 (AT&T)
Then onto the og iPhone (AT&T) aahahaha
Then switched to my og evo<3 2010 (sprint)
Broke a couple of those and now have the evo 3d 2011-present (sprint)

And I'm 17 haha. Oh and I paid for most of those phones so don't say I'm spoiled;)

Not to derail the thread any more...

Ur Nokia "brick" has nothing on the old school built in car phones that mounted under the seat. That was the not stuff back in the day...lol

wileout

Oct 19, 2011
gallitzin
I think every youngins first phone was the nokia brick that phone was indestructible lol

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
Not to derail the thread any more...

Ur Nokia "brick" has nothing on the old school built in car phones that mounted under the seat. That was the not stuff back in the day...lol

Last thing on that topic haha I remember when my mom had one in her 86 Volkswagen:D

I think every youngins first phone was the nokia brick that phone was indestructible lol

Yeah mine was TOTALLY indestructible, but it finally broke from too much abuse:p

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh

Riff76

Feb 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Google Pixel 6
Guess when HTC planned to put Beats in a ton of devices they realized they couldn't afford to give beats headphones with phones anymore...instead they give these flatwire HTC headphones....could of at least tossed in inearbuds...

They could have done better with the earbuds thats for sure. The ones in the vid look like ipod ones. I had a Zune for 3 days, the ear buds that it came with were fantastic, much better than the ones that came with the ipod I traded the Zune in for.

I know, I know! I got the Zune for the song sharing feature but then I realized there was nobody with a Zune to share songs with :(

Anyways, this vid is exciting! Makes me want to get one for myself now, LOL yesterday I was saying I was gonna give my last premier upgrade to my wife

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
They could have done better with the earbuds thats for sure. The ones in the vid look like ipod ones. I had a Zune for 3 days, the ear buds that it came with were fantastic, much better than the ones that came with the ipod I traded the Zune in for.

I know, I know! I got the Zune for the song sharing feature but then I realized there was nobody with a Zune to share songs with :(

Anyways, this vid is exciting! Makes me want to get one for myself now, LOL yesterday I was saying I was gonna give my last premier upgrade to my wife

hahahahaha you got a Zune. lol

First I have ever herd of anyone having one of them. haha jkjk

Top Liked Posts