[SCRIPT/TWEAK] [L O T K] Smurfed Out V 6.6 Updated 4-21

Search This thread

gummie

Dec 12, 2011
Calamba
Smurfalicious Update

V 6.6

• Added Instant Smurf-Power option which will clear out caches and give your phone an oh so fresh feeling (kinda like restarting your phone without having to)
  • Added in half a dozen build.prop tweaks
  • Fixed Some issues with the 45smurfed file
  • Added in ability to choose how much you want your Dalvik heapsize to be
  • Rearranged the Loopy Smoothness Tweak
  • Added in EXT4 Tweaks (convert your sd card over to ext4 and answer the question in the script for it to go into effect)
  • Added in swap support
  • Added in some new checks
  • Added in some permission sets so settings dont get overwritten
  • I'm sure there are more but can't think of any

Highly recommended that you UN-SMURF before you run the newest version as some of the files that the script removed in last version are needed in this version.
Cool as ever. Now I can get size of VM I want. Thanks for considering my request on this update. Though un-smurfing feels awkward due to that animation, LOL.

gummie

Dec 12, 2011
Calamba
LOL I still think thats funny every time I see it
Had to ask, the new feature that makes sdcard to ext4. What does that actually mean? Does it ask if my /sdcard is in ext4 format or do I use /sd-ext on ext4 format? I chose yes either way.

My device is now booting, may take long since it wiped dalvik.

Last edited:

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
Had to ask, the new feature that makes sdcard to ext4. What does that actually mean? Does it ask if my /sdcard is in ext4 format or do I use /sd-ext on ext4 format? I chose yes either way.

My device is now booting, may take long since it wiped dalvik.

It is meant as in is your sd-ext using the ext4 format. It adds in tweaks that speeds things up if so

gummie

Dec 12, 2011
Calamba
It is meant as in is your sd-ext using the ext4 format. It adds in tweaks that speeds things up if so
Ohh, I picked the right answer, LOL.

And also. Checked if the script sticks on /system found them but I cant seem to find the line where it tells my current VM heap. On 45smurfed saw nothing and on build.prop the line "dalivik.vm.heapsize= " has no value.

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
Ohh, I picked the right answer, LOL.

And also. Checked if the script sticks on /system found them but I cant seem to find the line where it tells my current VM heap. On 45smurfed saw nothing and on build.prop the line "dalivik.vm.heapsize= " has no value.

Thats strange. Its set im my build.prop. and in the script the variables are set correctly. im looking into it sorry

gummie

Dec 12, 2011
Calamba
Nah man ill figure it out. thanks though
I dont know what happened but after unsmurf, re-flashed updated ROM and resmurf it solved the problem. Now I can see on build.prop the line "dalivik,vm.heapsize" now is 48m. Does that have something to do when coming from older version of smurfedout.sh? Coz I was sure that I unsmurfed from version 6.5 or something to do on CM settings coz reflashing ROM means clean build.prop?

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
I dont know what happened but after unsmurf, re-flashed updated ROM and resmurf it solved the problem. Now I can see on build.prop the line "dalivik,vm.heapsize" now is 48m. Does that have something to do when coming from older version of smurfedout.sh? Coz I was sure that I unsmurfed from version 6.5 or something to do on CM settings coz reflashing ROM means clean build.prop?

Yeah i recommended unsmurfing before trying newest version cause of alot of the changes i made. Im guessing thats one of the reasons lol

gkillerx

Mar 22, 2009
After a cold reboot and removing the old configuration file it found the launcher!

Edit 1
Selecting 128mb heap size it ask to select option 1 or 2 but there are 4 options just a small note ;-)

Edit 2
Its now 2 minutes busy with cleaning the build.prop.....

Edit 3
After 5 min i stopped it. Is this normal?
It did something huge wrong. It completely got stuck on boot. Had to reflash the rom and kernel to let it boot again. How long does it takes to clean it? And why clean it? Just search for the parameters and adjust when nesecairy

gummie

Dec 12, 2011
Calamba
It did something huge wrong. It completely got stuck on boot. Had to reflash the rom and kernel to let it boot again. How long does it takes to clean it? And why clean it? Just search for the parameters and adjust when nesecairy
You shouldn't apply the script when your Dalvik Cache is on your sd-ext, outcome if you did that will be a Boot Stuck. It only shows splash screen and didn't even get you too boot anim right? You should make sure your dalvik cache is on internal memory before applying the script, upon complete reboot you can now safely move dalvik cache to sd-ext again.

Oops, forgot to report this. Sorry Papa Smurf. Anyway I encountered this before when I was on V6 Supercharger then somehow on his new versions I accidentaly applied script while dalvik is on sd-ext but to my surprise this has been fixed and I booted safely.

gkillerx

Mar 22, 2009
You shouldn't apply the script when your Dalvik Cache is on your sd-ext, outcome if you did that will be a Boot Stuck. It only shows splash screen and didn't even get you too boot anim right? You should make sure your dalvik cache is on internal memory before applying the script, upon complete reboot you can now safely move dalvik cache to sd-ext again.

Oops, forgot to report this. Sorry Papa Smurf. Anyway I encountered this before when I was on V6 Supercharger then somehow on his new versions I accidentaly applied script while dalvik is on sd-ext but to my surprise this has been fixed and I booted safely.
My Dalvik is offcourse not on my SD-EXT. I don't even have a SD-EXT partition. It's all on the internal SSD. I got the "bios" boot screen and then a black screen, nothing more.

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
Script is wayyyyyyyy too glitchy it seems. Too many errors seem to be reported in this thread.

My advice is to add a safe guard mode: Run script, reboot phone and on next boot up, show a notification asking "Is your phone smurfed?" for about 10-30 seconds. If there is no reply or "No" (meaning something has gone wrong or user cannot reply or something), reboot the phone automatically, restore everything originally and then produce a log so you can read it.

IVe read here about bootloops, wiping, etc.....Too dangerous although it sounds like good progress.

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
Script is wayyyyyyyy too glitchy it seems. Too many errors seem to be reported in this thread.

My advice is to add a safe guard mode: Run script, reboot phone and on next boot up, show a notification asking "Is your phone smurfed?" for about 10-30 seconds. If there is no reply or "No" (meaning something has gone wrong or user cannot reply or something), reboot the phone automatically, restore everything originally and then produce a log so you can read it.

IVe read here about bootloops, wiping, etc.....Too dangerous although it sounds like good progress.

Uve read hear about nothing but problems but my thread in evo section with 80000 views and 900 comments says differently

Link to my thread in evo section where main problems are talked about...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1517632

Last edited:

gummie

Dec 12, 2011
Calamba

Never had serious problem at this script dude and its clear at OP that he warned us of possible bad outcome. Do your own part and make nandbackup before doing stuffs on your phone. Uhh also what your asking is quite pain sticking, for a script to be added automatically on schedule just to ask you or notify that your smurfed and stuff. Previous bugs you were reffering is already polished on new version and I could say this way safe, but still you may want to have backup just in case.

Reactions: Papa Smurf151

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
@gummie..... I have to agree with you, the majority of what the dude was talking about is OLD NEWS!

BUT these are the same people that flash a rom and within the first 5 minutes they can tell whether or not the rom has great battery life...hahaha

@riahc3..... 99.9999999 percent of anything you find here at XDA is use at your own risk! You should always Nandroid...especially if you're one of those individuals that don't read the OP and can't follow instructions too well :)

ALSO, that stuff that you're asking papasmurf is useless.....that would be like having something pop up when you boot up telling that you're rooted...hahahaha

Anyways, I got this script running on my wife's inspire, my EVO, my thrill and on my iconia a500....all making the rom flashed on to them run even better :)

Last edited:

OneoftheRabble

Jan 19, 2012
Bozeman, Montana
Hey PapaSmurf....

Just so you know. I read through the OP. DLd your script. Un-smurfed like you said to. Rebooted my phone. Moved the new script on and ran it. Set up as per your instructions in the OP and in the script.

Guess what?? It worked PERFECTLY! Yep, not a glitch, reboot, nothing. It just ran like it was supposed to. I guess that is what happens when you READ THE OP and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

Oh yeah.... I got it working on both a GB ROM ( MC7 ) and an ICS ROM (DLv3) without any troubles.

Just thought you would like to know.

See ya'

OotR

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
Im not critizing him or anything: Just a suggestion based on what has been said in this thread.

sipe1

Jul 31, 2011
Hello Papa Smurf151, it's me again.

If you remember I spammed you about problem with my device, and now I found the cause and solution. My problem is pretty much isolated, so you don't have to worry, just help me if you want.

When I'm installing your script (I installed lastest version) after reboot I cannot
1. Turn anything on powercontrol widget (cyanogen)
2. Switch on or off anything in settings (airplane mode, 2g/3g, data connection, roaming, gps,)
3. When I switch, I go back one step, enter again and switch is on previous state (for example I turn on data packets, go back one step on wireless, enter again and data packets are off).
4. All that untill I un smurf.

All that happened or supercharge script OR your script. And then I found out where the problem is.

On supercharger there is three entries in build.prop and local.prop that cause this.
1. pm.sleep_mode=1
2. persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1
3. ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0 (for this I'm not sure)
When I commented them off (#) after reboot everything is working properly.

And when I'm using your script, I saw that every entries will be copied to local.prop. But after reboot, I cannot find local.prop, only build.prop. I commented out in build.prop but that settings are applied somewhere other and I cannot use your script.

My question is can you tell me
1. Can you tell me where are others places where that settings are? (init.d?)
2. How can I remove them?
3. And is there any other power saving settings for me to try comment them out?

I don't want you to change script for me, just to help me using your perfect script (which I recommend to everyone :) )
Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Smurf Land.......Where you are whisked away to a smurfalicious place!

LA LA lalalala LA LA LA LA LAAAAAA....

Alright enough with the cuteness of all this.

Basically I have created a script that prompts you (the user) to answer some vital information them based on your answers the script will inject specific tweaks to your build.prop and also to a file in your init.d folder. These tweaks include battery tweaks, memory tweaks, speed tweaks, governor tweaks, 3g and wifi tweaks, SD card tweaks, and a bunch of random tweaks. Some collected from a bunch of different phones tweaks and others created by me.

The script will search out every line in your build.prop and remove any line that is there that I am adding and remove it first to reduce duplicate codes. It will remove a whole list of other init.d files that conflict with it. Will also create a few other files and folders to add functionality and speed optimization to your phone.

What if you do not like the tweaks that I added.....well the script creates back-ups for you and you can choose the option to Un-Smurf and it will set you back to before you installed.

CREDITS

zeppelinrox for his excellent scripts.
    tommytomatoe for answering all my ridiculous questions and also the space in which to post my work
    Lpy for his loopy smoothness
    eoghan2t7 for his tutorial on loopy smoothness
    knzo for his collection of tweaks
    st@matis for his collection of scripts which I pulled some tweaks from
    metalspring for his explanation of a lot of tweaks and some build.prop and init.d tweaks
    scottypeterson for his ultimatescript
    cwc3 for his collection of scripts which I borrowed settings from
    tazzz811 for his thread on some great init.d tweaks
    droidphile for his incredible guides and some great governor tweaks and I/O scheduler tweaks

Each persons name has a link attached to it to show their work and threads which to thank them.

These Settings are all over the Internet across multiple forums and presented by more than a dozen people. If any setting in here was initially created by you and you did not get credit please PM me with your Info so I can add you to the credits. No work here has been stolen or taken on purpose. If you created or founded any of these setting and do not wish for me to use them then again please PM me and I will remove them as soon as possible. Please do not start a flame war on this thread due to my ignorance. I am just trying to get these settings out to as many people as possible to bring the smoothest experience to Our phones.

Instructions

1. Download Smurfed Out script.

2. Open up Script Manager found here if you don't have it

3. Scroll Down to the Smurfed_Out.sh file and click on it. This could Possible be in your downloads folder.

4. Click on the su key, the skull and crossbones, or run as root depending on which version of script manager you have then click run

5. Follow instructions on the screen.

!!! Warning !!!

By using this script you acknowledge that it could possible break your phone. In other words don't come running to me when you phone burst into flames and or it leaves you for someone as sexy as it has now become.

Download

arrow.png
    arrow.png
    arrow.png

Smurfed Out V 6.6

Other Phones

Please feel free to post a thread in other forums or other site but please link back to here for the downloads. I am trying to give the user the best experience possible and if dl links are made all over the place then there is possibility for them to not get updated when I release a new version. Plus the info in the first three post here explains alot.

Developers

If you would like this baked into your ROM the PM me and I can help. I already have a ZIP file created with he exact files that you need and instructions with how to implement. I need to make a few corrections based on your specific Rom but it is an easy fix and would rather do it or help you do it so there arnt any conflicts at all. I have already helped a few other DEV's bake it into their Roms and it works great.

Thank Me

If You Find this post USEFULL and ENJOY using the SMURFED OUT Script then Please take the time out to THANK ME. I'm Not asking for Donations but this does take countless hours to put together. Also you can click the links in my sig to see my working in the google market(PLAY) follow me on my Twitter and Facebook sites

Info

I/O Scheduler descriptions

Different Governors
    I think 128mb vm heap is too big for a device with 279mb RAM (my device) can we have like option to choose to range from 48mb - 128mb? Just like how we choose LMK setting.

That is very possible and easy to do thanks. I'll add it to the update I'm working on
    Updated op one last time for a few days. I'm working on incorporating init.d settings into this but that will take a few days...

For now V 3 offers over 50 build.prop add ons including using google DNS service for faster 3g speeds.

This can now be run along side any other script. Just run after any other script cause it searches out every string it changes and removes the instance to reduce duplicates.
    OP updated to v 6.4

check out changelog for upgrades
    op updated to V 6.3

added a few new launcher
    changed a few things
    added a few things

for those using com.htc.launcher this launcher has been added since 6.0 and i dont know why its not working. im looking into it. For some it works and for others it doesnt.