[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna
just wanted to report that everything is working great and its really a nice rom. just flashed and quick tested the most important stuff. gps. bt. wifi. 3g. finally i can apply my themes on n7 3g. will push the thx button until it burns. btw: the pa wallpaper are awesome. :)

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
just wanted to report that everything is working great and its really a nice rom. just flashed and quick tested the most important stuff. gps. bt. wifi. 3g. finally i can apply my themes on n7 3g. will push the thx button until it burns. btw: the pa wallpaper are awesome. :)
Yeah. Just thought it was funny when I booted up and the usual PA bootanimation was missing. :D

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

If someone provides source of how to and it doesn't mess up any other devices

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2
I hope w0rdie's link helps.....I personally have no idea how to go about it. :(

dysan911

Dec 12, 2012
I can never seem to find the "Paranoid Settings" in the settings menu. Was that removed? The first version I've ever had of this rom is 2.99 beta 6. Thanks!

ville77

Feb 22, 2011
DOH!
I saw that in OP, but had no clue I wasn't using tilapia based TWRP!
Flashed recovery img from thread and have PA up & running now. Thanks for being cool about my dumbassness...lol

Did you just reboot into TWRP recovery and there install recovery img or did you do it in fastboot mode?

I'm trying to find easiest way to do this. I think .img file cannot be installed from TWRP. Anybody?

Edit: found the easiest way, Flash Image GUI app.

Last edited:
Reactions: p0izn

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Yes thanks a lot, I was waiting for this.. You should look into adding:

1. Tethering option (Requires framework-res edit)
2. Messaging app (Requires framework-res edit for mms to function and transplanting the app and set permissions for sms/mms)
3. Exposing the native dialer for people who use the native sip stack. (Requires framework-res edit)

Update

I have a framework-res file that has the changes needed for these options but when I transplanted it the tablet wouldn't boot I am guessing PA already has some edits in its framework-res file so the 2 would need to be merged to a degree..

Sent from another Nexus..
7 3G...

Last edited:

dysan911

Dec 12, 2012
It's there, just renamed under Customization/Hybrid properties.

Thank you!. I knew about those but assumed those settings were strictly related to just Hybrid details. I thought in watching a youtube review of this Rom that there were other settings that allowed you to set some other options up displaying the battery level on the lock screen, customizing the slider shortcuts, etc. Its not biggie though, I really like this Rom. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some items tucked somewhere that I haven't seen yet.

Thanks!
:good:

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Thank you!. I knew about those but assumed those settings were strictly related to just Hybrid details. I thought in watching a youtube review of this Rom that there were other settings that allowed you to set some other options up displaying the battery level on the lock screen, customizing the slider shortcuts, etc. Its not biggie though, I really like this Rom. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some items tucked somewhere that I haven't seen yet.

Thanks!
:good:
It takes time....we'll get it in time. Be patient.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Yes thanks a lot, I was waiting for this.. You should look into adding:

1. Tethering option (Requires framework-res edit)
2. Messaging app (just transplant the app and set permissions)
3. Exposing the native dialer for people who use the native sip stack. (Requires framework-res edit)
4. Restore ability to save APN settings.

7 3G...
The saving APN function doesn't work? I just entered my APN settings and it seemed to save fine, even after a reboot.

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
Yes please advise on how you did it I get no save dialog.. Thanks for your reply..

Update.. I see now the back arrow... Thanks for the kick in the right direction.. Lol

7 3G...

Last edited:

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Oh yes, not sure if this is a bug, but the option to allow/disallow landscape lockscreen doesn't seem to work. The lockscreen still rotates if rotation is switched on regardless of that setting.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Yes please advise on how you did it I get no save dialog.. Thanks for your reply..

Update.. I see now the back arrow... Thanks for the kick in the right direction.. Lol

7 3G...
Didn't get any save dialog. I just pressed back and it saved itself. There was no APN available initially.

But after reading ur post I went to test it out, I realized I had no way to delete an entered APN, which is most probably the same reason as yours - the lack of the menu/overflow button.

For now, you can use this root solution to solve it (until the bossman fixes the APN entry screen with a menu/overflow button)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

Use the pie function to activate the menu button while in the Edit access point screen, you'll see the Delete/Save and/or Discard APN options.

maconsultant

Jun 10, 2011
New York
You should be fine just follow the instructions in the post... I came from modoco rom as well but didnt do anything but follow the instructions in the post.. Everything is fine.

Reactions: k5mitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SS%2BCheck.png

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS (You need to flash STOCK one first)

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,

Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION

Ok I finaally found the bug the build on goo is good to go. For those of you that care it was this commit from almost a month ago https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_vendor_pa/commit/f175f9edb7d25f11281c4be87961473fc5b1fcc0 i checkout out the gnex repos to do some testing last week, and it end up overwriting the broacom lib library, and due to the way i have my repos set up(dependent on grouper folder) compared to the muppets some libs got copied over some didnt. Sorry it took so long to find. I didnt realize what was happening as our repos didnt change
    For flashing in recovery

Flashable zip. Enqueue it after rom, of course :)
    just pushed a new build with rotation fixed