Data issues

Search This thread

_Infamous_

Aug 14, 2010
Gardnerville
Has any one tried this build prop to fix data issues on n5 I'm having all this issues on my phone but wanted to see what you guys think first.
Here is link
http:/ianmarmour.com/2014/02/02/google-nexus-5-fixing-modemcellular-issues-on-34g-networks/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

_Infamous_

Aug 14, 2010
Gardnerville
What I notices that, whenever the phone picks up LTE network, the signal strength bar resets to 0 then back to full. This is also when phone calls get dropped. Have repeated the Scenario several times and proved that is the cause of my call drops. So I think it is most likely a software issue.

pwrmedia

Aug 5, 2009
Columbus
Has any one tried this build prop to fix data issues on n5 I'm having all this issues on my phone but wanted to see what you guys think first.
Here is link
http:/ianmarmour.com/2014/02/02/google-nexus-5-fixing-modemcellular-issues-on-34g-networks/

I've been running this edit for a few days now, and have noticed there is a faster connection from 3G to HSPA in my office, which is a plus for me. Can't speak to any other benefits the edit may bring, but I can vouch for the edit making the N5 even better.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
What I notices that, whenever the phone picks up LTE network, the signal strength bar resets to 0 then back to full. This is also when phone calls get dropped. Have repeated the Scenario several times and proved that is the cause of my call drops. So I think it is most likely a software issue.

Well when you make a call it does not use LTE

_Infamous_

Aug 14, 2010
Gardnerville
Well when you make a call it does not use LTE

I'm not taking about making calls the n5 gas issues when switching between towers I will lose signal for a while and cant receive or call any text. Its not the network because on my lg g2 the signal is way better and I gave searched the internet and there's tons of people having the same issues as I am having.

_Infamous_

Aug 14, 2010
Gardnerville
Did you flash the latest radio like I posted?

Are you on any special ROM? Using smart radio on gravity box or cataclysm? I sometimes have an issue with no signal on smart radio.

Yes flash Latest radio didn't fix issues and running Mahdi ROM but was having issues on stock to my wife is having the same issues and she is 100% stock but on her s3 and my g2 no issues

Last edited:

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Try .15 radio and go ahead and do those edits. I did them and they seem to help as well as the .15 radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: _Infamous_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmm it is just a couple build.prop edits. I'll see.

Try .15 radio and go ahead and do those edits. I did them and they seem to help as well as the .15 radio.