Android OS battery drain since 18th Feb

Search This thread

martint235

Aug 24, 2007
All of a sudden the Android OS usage of the battery shot up to 76%. I usually get around 2% per hour but now I'm getting a 2% drain in 15 mins. The battery page shows Android OS as the culprit, Wakelock Detector isn't showing anything up and BetterBatteryStats just says Android OS is the big user. Easy One Hand has also appeared although I don't have this switched on.

I have done a restart of the phone earlier this morning to see if there was a rogue app kicking around and I've just finished charging it up to 100%.

Has anyone else experienced any issues in the last 24 hours?

G

GuestK0079

Congratulations ! You are now the millionth user who has reported this. :sly:

Sent from my SM-N9005

dusk1911

Mar 2, 2006
Dubai
Well, with so many people in the same boat, i have been having the same exact thing, what i found that even with the Location services disabled, the Android System still shows as location "running" in App Ops.

Check for this, Download app ops starter from market and under location check the android system, if you see location running then just disable it. it have no effect on any apps. You will get your battery back

Reactions: winol

mirko1977

Sep 4, 2011
Same here

I have the same problem, I am 100% stock.

What I noticed is if I reboot my phone the battery will behave correctly for a couple of days then suddenly Android OS will take over and drain it

With Android OS drain I get
3% drain per hour with no use (Wifi on every 20 min to sync)
10% drain overnight (7/8 hours with wifi on every 1 hr)
sometimes I have like 30 mins screen on time and the Android OS CPU total and Keep Awake over 3 hours (lol)

Normally, I get barely 1% drain per hr during the day if not using it and almost no drain at night

I already disabled NewsStand and I am about to try to disable Google+ even though I like the Auto-Backup feature.

G

GuestK0079

Do I get a prize???

Seriously I couldn't see anything either on here or on Google that related specifically to the last 24 hours. I'll have another look.

whats with the 24 hours ? people reporting this ever since. there are numerous posts about this on the internet. some say they found a solution, some solutions work for someone, some dont. my point was, that you making a new thread for this was pointless. and no, theres no prize for you. :laugh:

just in case you didnt see it... https://www.google.si/webhp?source=...-4QSP7IGgCQ#q=note+3+android+os+battery+drain

martint235

Aug 24, 2007
whats with the 24 hours ? people reporting this ever since. there are numerous posts about this on the internet. some say they found a solution, some solutions work for someone, some dont. my point was, that you making a new thread for this was pointless. and no, theres no prize for you. :laugh:

just in case you didnt see it... https://www.google.si/webhp?source=...-4QSP7IGgCQ#q=note+3+android+os+battery+drain

Ah you see this is where saying "Oh there's loads of stuff on this issue" is a bit premature. Yes I've read all that stuff and yes I got my battery life to a happy place.

Now since yesterday evening, I've suffered battery drain and was posting to see if anyone else had noticed a similar increase. It's a sudden change which would suggest that either Google have changed something or an app has changed in some way (although I'd expect an app to show up as itself rather than Android OS). A couple of months ago there was an update to Google Play Services that caused similar issues and was quickly fixed by Google. My not pointless post was to see if anything similar had happened in the last 24 hours.

G

GuestK0079

OK then, I'm over and out. I had this Android OS drain just once. Didn't bother to look into it too much. I've let the battery drain till 15%, rebooted the phone, charged it till 100 and that was it. Hope you sort it out.

Sent from my SM-N9005

martint235

Aug 24, 2007
Sorry it probably looks snappier than I meant it to. It's just that this was such a sudden event I wanted to check no one else had experienced the same

1980aksoy

Dec 12, 2013
All of a sudden the Android OS usage of the battery shot up to 76%. I usually get around 2% per hour but now I'm getting a 2% drain in 15 mins. The battery page shows Android OS as the culprit, Wakelock Detector isn't showing anything up and BetterBatteryStats just says Android OS is the big user. Easy One Hand has also appeared although I don't have this switched on.

I have done a restart of the phone earlier this morning to see if there was a rogue app kicking around and I've just finished charging it up to 100%.

Has anyone else experienced any issues in the last 24 hours?

Greenify apk use this app its shut down all aps working backgroud

martint235

Aug 24, 2007
I think I've sorted it. It's early days yet but it appears to have been an update to the gReader widget. I've removed it and everything is settling down nicely. I'm going to let it drain though and then recharge it so I won't know for another day or so.

Ninimo

Jan 28, 2014
Pasay City
Greenify would be the best choice since you are on stock ROM. Disable some bloatware and you will observe improved battery life. Greenify requires root and Xposed Framework though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, with so many people in the same boat, i have been having the same exact thing, what i found that even with the Location services disabled, the Android System still shows as location "running" in App Ops.

Check for this, Download app ops starter from market and under location check the android system, if you see location running then just disable it. it have no effect on any apps. You will get your battery back