[Q&A] [p6800](18/Nov/2014)CyanogenMod 12.0 (Android 5.0) experimental

Search This thread

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
was just day dreaming I was a cop holding a freshly baked donut

back to Omnirom... glitch using navigation bar when certain apps are being used, deleted omniswitch...o well, I kind of liked that omniswitch....

BACk To bUSiNess!

Cwm ..free back up, delete dalvik cache, format data-system-cache.. (I haven't the slightest clue what I'm typing..)

Install cm 12 - 20150110
Install pico gapp beta 12 - 20150116
Data/factory restore (remove SD card before this in case you don't want to lose anything important)

Start device

root or flash super su if you have any useful one available
Install 'root explorer (paid version) or anyone that works for u
Change build.prop settings in root/system
::: persist.sys.root.access=0
Change it to 1

Get Trebuchet_2.0L-2015-01-10.apk (Google it)

Replace the Trebuchet in - root/system/priv-app/TREBUCHETTREBUCHET

Felt good, right? Having felt like you're on a mission.....lol

try the process...... you can try the fonts and sounds from this place if you want to http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-android-lollipop-5-0-google-apps-t2910102

Not a real big fan of Google home on android L for now...and I don't think I like my search bar showing up on my recent tabs....nothing special about it, if voice were active there too, then it would be another thing all together....

I was using only web browser alone earlier & everything started slowing till browser closes. it happened right after my wireless router turned off and back on for the tab to reconnect..sheesh!

Aaaanywho....... Try changing any app u feel is not da u would want to enjoy them...keep up to date if & when u can... It could help ur system which way u wish to enjoy da cm12

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
trying to understand something first..any help to clear the air for me?

Just came back cm12 again.....ok, I've had installed it without any gapp zip file... Rooted it..
Build prop changes, for da last time..
#
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
persist.sys.dun.override=3
persist.sys.root_access=3
#

Cm 12 is too buggy I guess... Turned off weather in status bar and changed trebuchet to sth more recent like in a previous post I make here. Default prop? Why are dalvik setting fixed permanently there? The tab feels a bit restricted with some of the settings in root

Changes made:
Keyboard to google keyboard from apkmirror (with extracted lib file) - deleted system's keyboard & lib file
cM file manager to Amaze explorer or file manager
Default camera to default camera - used only lib files that were not already in lib folder in system/lib

So far, manageable..using a bit more than I used to...not getting any funny freezing or restarting....not yet tho
*will manually install google play service later & try to avoid auto syncing and constant login memory munching activities for now..* I might need to test certain apps on google service to see what it does to our new friend, cm12..

#well, dealing with how best it can handle environments like google services and their overloads on hardware perfomance...and whole lot....its important....tweaking and a lot of that while adding apps that literally 'bugs' the hell out of the system...well, the moment its flashed, its an extra load as compared to a manually installed or replaced app or function or setting.... I'm not saying its aaaaaall bad but a good kernel might fix most or hopefully all the major issues before any further testing I guess... But that's also an everyday working progress till a new android firmware pops out of no where to confuse the main problems with android itself, 'generally'; from honey come I think to this current lollipop....I hope I don't see 'cheese cake' or 'fish fingers' soon or whatever they'll the next one when lollipop goes south...haha.. And pls don't drool on my post, I like cheese cake too..lol

Last edited:

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
I'm tired..haha

Trying to find drivers for Ubuntu or a Linux based system is one thing.

Carrying it unto a mobile device when it looks like ur only options is to keep increasing hardware specs is anoda thing.

I'm worn out.... Can some explain to me what script updating is? Also, why does Nav bar buttons and apps forces glitches on half of the screen depending on its orientation? Home, back buttons mainly.. Lesser glitch with recent apps button..

Also, does memory has to constantly munch away even when only one app is being used and all other software/hardware properties r turned off, thus over heating till restart.. Seems like a serious leak to me or sth.. Or unless I'm wrong & haven't the slightest clue what I'm saying...

Do conflicts between system and apps, both system and user related exists? Is it one kind of file that tries to run all apps at ounces without saving to holt, cleaning and sorting out apps? Or is it multiple confused files?..lol.. Do apps even have a limit to how much resourses they should use along side the system's hardware components processing abilities? I can study how to compile stuffs through a linux based open source OS...but I need to understand what developers think about all this in an entire existing android system code by code....file by file...instructions and how they are managed together or push side by hard...smooth or rigorous?....."hardware capabilities" (which I'm sure they are mostly limitless; probably needs the right controls to keep it smooth and well calculated..I think...) :silly:

O well....I won't be posting here till after lollipop 5.0.3 comes out to see what problems were somehow sorted....it will probably be good....or maybe not :confused:

Also guys, I found this kernel.... Not sure who made them but was reading a lot off da web and found them... I tried them...that one of dem sort of worked for my p6810 a little...

http://d-h.st/oXdv
http://d-h.st/H5C

U can use the same site to look for the latest trebuchet or sth if u like... :cowboy:

I changed a lot of system apps to official ones...the system kept getting stable an app after anoda...but der still some apps dat try to mess things up the moment u feel too comfortable.... So be careful your android device doesnt contract any problems..
Bye bye bye :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
cool but still abit messy performance wise

Install new cm12 25012015 with gapp rc..omg!!! About only three tabs active on internet browser, over heats and restarts... There is tho, an improvement I graphic performance, abit opposite to previous settings...guess referring to kernels as a 'land mine' is an understatement..hahaha...

So CPU can somewhat go up to 1800MHz... And GPU to 500...but even at 1300 and 350, its still scary as hell...this tab should have been a desktop with a thermal gel and a heat with fan...LMAO!!!

*****NOW*****emmmmm....
Can anyone help me with p6810 param.ifs file?... The 'battery loading jgp' draw failure during a charge is not looking all that fancy...haha..Don't have a laptop anymore and downloading with the tab while trying to enjoy a movie is scary...for now that is.. Also, why does it charge for awhile then later boot into recovery on its own? It used to boot the tab with older custom ROMs tho..aaaand especially with the official port p6800 jellybean to 6810...

Before that, I just have to ask Daniel..... Does param.ifs, zimage (kernel related) have to be built base on the current ROM like lollipop or based on old official ROM (stock presettings, etc) I know its generally based on the Tab's spec but I'm abit curious if any of what I'm saying could be important or helpful in any way our new best friend (android 5.0). Not sure pit file has any issues tho...but just out curiosity...

---------- Post added 26th January 2015 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 25th January 2015 at 11:52 PM ----------

So far soon good... We'll see what happens next...love the extra personalization features...the quick response like the recent tab menu or apps like camera and browser... Glitches not as visible as it used to be...installing apps even lest that 700 KB still abit slow.. Like I said, graphics, seen improvement with current processor settings... But wouldn't want it to go too far..Hana.. Don't want a broken tab....lol

Interesting choice of boot screen....wh not make it all white..? Like fill the entire screen instead? And abit smaller cynogemon logo loading ... Just a thought...

Last edited:

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
kernel testrun

Does anyone wish to try 'devil kernel manager'? I got it from "m.apkhere.com".. Thought it was interesting to use...tho current kernel on cm12 might not support all functions...

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
one fix to anoda problem

Cm12, no gapp... Can't install subway surfer manually...keeps failing...really.....?!....

(Sigh...) love the new feel and performance tweak but commme oooonnnn...one of my favourite games on android????......hope its not specific with certain apps cos most of my apps like uc browser, fluid...etc...actually installs and work just fine... :cowboy:

Last edited:

joribo

Dec 21, 2014
Testing summary

Great build, Daniel.
Most important things working perfect.
Still not using the last 25-th build but the 10-th one instead.
Two points I noticed - maybe I did something wrong.

1. Connecting USB connection kit does nothing - no USB flash drive recognized. It was working on the stock ROM - not with all flash drives, but with the one I'm testing one sure.
Some Ideas what is the issue?

2. Trying to have several users not possible - not able to add some, when press the user in the notification center - have my info (added explicitly), but no option to add additional users.

Thank you.

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
my bad

System browser wasnt doing any good downloads for me.. Zip files, incomplete downloads, apps higher than 30mb, fail to install... I doubt its my service provider cos I used chrome beta and the apps I had to redownload, worked.. Chrome kinda gave me abit of color distortions but got better after... So downloading stuffs can be abit of a pain by default download utilities or sth...

One more thing, I set my preferred installed path to internal memory....when I installed root explorer, it showed empy folders in both internal & external SD "android/data/rootexplorer...".... Is that normal with the android 5.0?

I'm still waiting for anyone's kind assistance with param file for p6810....need to stop the 'battery loading jpg draw failed' error..unless, someone can pull sth more material-like for or from android L.. :) Also, mobile Odin still can't read my external memory directly unless i copy them to internal storage...

Last edited:

Tayroni Alves

Jan 27, 2015
Fantastic ROM.

All on my 6800 are working, 3g connection, wifi, messaging, calls, bluetooth, camera, except only one thing: the HDMI dongle.

Keep the awesome work. You resurrected my GT-6800.

Last edited:
Reactions: eChangX

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
the most strangest thing happened today

Was going through dev-host site...came across this http://d-h.st/bn0
Downloaded it....just to piss myself off, I thot...why don't I flash this... I did.....restarted and OMG!!!! Everything got super fast and super stable on the cm12...!!!!!! Even without performance control system app! (I sort of deleted it)

It didn't flash the ROM...it couldn't even mount system...all it did was flash boot, its kernel and two other stuffs I don't remember without the system files successfully! WTF!!!!! It only has 3x downloads meaning no one ever pays attention to it... And I just happen to find a bit of solution even I would never have imagined existed anywhere???? Wow!! Who compiled this ROM??? Dat buddy needs a raise in salary and commission for existing!! Lol!!!

I think I have to take a look at those files it flashed into this cm12... (Still running cm12 without gapp)....

Last edited:

bataskhayal

Jan 30, 2015
Where is my keyboard?

Hi this ROM works great on my p6800, but one thing that annoys me is that i dont have any keyboard. Does anybody have encountered this kind of problem before? Solutions?

Your helps are most welcome.

Rgrds

Tayroni Alves

Jan 27, 2015
Here I started to have random reboots/crashes. After some investigation, I've noticed by "showing CPU use" on "developer options", that the kswapd0 process was hogging my entire CPU just before the "event".

It means that one process are using RAM so much that the kernel started to use swap memory (swap partition in linux is a separate partition used by adding this size to RAM). Eventually the system goes to a seg fault.

It must be an installed app. Right before I started to install and update apps, the system was pretty stable. My first suspect is the app search of google, because of high memory usage.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Following the previous post by mine, I manually removed google search app, and test things to see if it fix the random reboots.

Indeed, it started to make a difference, because Chrome was unusable but after the removal, it became usable again.

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
every new upgrade pushes me back to stock ROM :(

Cm12 (most problems even with gapps) has more issues especially glitchy ones portrait than when in landscape.... Audio fx...do the reverbs really work at aaall...?

Can bootanimation be made portrait instead? Can cm12 load and start in portrait mode?

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
final conclusions and updates on issues with cm12

Connected Bluetooth speakers...almost damaged my speakers by over boosting even at a low volume level..had to turn on equalizer first to have good control over speakers..... Fx stops sometimes... Ram is overused whether or not device is actively running any user app...

As exciting as it was to know a new android firmware was available....I've started to lose interest.... I was wondering though....is it safe to apply certain features on the pacrom or stock jb 4.1.2 to the lollipop??? I mean, I don't think keeping up with updates from higher device specs is going to do any good to tab 7.7.....unless they can be rewriten from scratch for lower end devices as a separate and complete firmware on it own aside from a Google build version... So u see, porting isn't everything if u going to keep patching up leaks that spill more leaks, instead of building one to meet the standards of the device or device hardware limits or for general lower spec devices... U know.... So i'm sure that's the stress developers face and try to avoid it as a main concern, I'm guessing...must be really hard to think for android interface sake..

Who ever invented android should finish it...hahahaha

smallsi

Feb 2, 2015
Other ROM can open the fuction of screenshot in SETTNIGS==>BUTTONS==>POWER MENU.
But this one I can't take screenshot. Is there any solution to take a screenshot in this ROM of P6800 ??

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
Back to stock

Cm 12 gets laggy gradually....its as if custom roms delibrately lags for attention for newer lag issues after every fix....sheesh... glitch gets worse too.... apps like firefox will tear ur memory and processor performance.... so I've gone back to stock 4.1.2 from development page....its super smooth...super fast...not a single discomfort... I install flashkernel p6800 from chainfire and mobile odin pro 4.20 on my p6810 tab. Selected tar.md5 file from internal memory, ticked 'wipe cache dalvik'. Flashed firmware (confirm md5). After flashing process was done, I entered recovery and did a data factory reset.... plsssss....try the stock and compare to the custom rom....tell me why there's such a big difference in feel, functions and performance control.......... though it doesnt use material design....

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
congrats to all Carbon fans

I did a bit of study and comparison of each custom ROM including cm12 to stock ICS and JB stocked ported ROM. If I'm not mistaken, there are either some files unavailable or/and some folders & files are not being utilized by settings like the build prop or some other file like the init.... I tried deleted and adding a few, I noticed a few changers especially with the background image in 4.4.4 or the recent tab pop up speed in cm12.. Improved abit..but not wall instructions did good, some just made things look messy.... I find that weird.... And memory was somewhat managed like a stock ROM in the few changes I tinkled with...

O, I'm happy for carbon to come again as lollipop soon....I kinda hoped PAC milestone or paranoid 3.68 would evolve to 5.0 since they work in terms of hardware utilization, almost close to the complete stock ROMs.. Well, I'll be happy to try it out when its released..BIG UPSS DAN HK!!!!!!!!!!

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
too many messy codes

Cm10.2 has a better configuration....much faster too which shows in its graphics stability (tested a couple of games on both ends). Cm12 acts like it will explode...seems to build up memory load every second an app is being used..add another one which might force a larger portion to run (which it should), it might reboot... also, when screen is on while running an app, charging goes down instead when plugged in to main power. (I left screen of to charge while using a torrent app after noticing this new issue with cm12 07-02-2015) .

Out of curiousity, the default prop has specific heap memory set and unchangeable..why? Is that to divide the system ram or does it mean sth else? What device is tab 7.7 related to? Tab 3? 7? N sth, was it 7000? Just curious....

And the build prop, sooo many extra things and stuffs not in use...I'm finding it abit cofusing since the system kernel and other data are not much similar to previous stock and that of custom rom..... changes made only either makes it ugly or abit stable but still abit messy in some ways...

Last edited:
Reactions: rezadentevil

eChangX

Aug 3, 2014
Greater Accra
MY Green List today

1) CM12-14042015 is a bit more stable..awesome progress....but will still restart with certain memory load from gmscore and my torrent app. Sometimes it seems, adding a system app also makes the system restart to optimize the app... Not sure what really happens there...

2) you are right Daniel, it does need its own kernel to manage this rather interesting hardware. Flashkernel for mobile Odin won't access ext card, must be a system partitioning function or read file for storage not completely useful.

3) NOW LIST:
-folder lock option. No other options for pin or password but keyboard pops up all the time. It only uses pattern. Lock and unlock process access not very simple, always have to by pass creating new pattern before reaching lock function or unlock. Even when locked & bidding from sight, locked apps can still be accessed easily from recent tab.

- recent tab always has left overs for memory munching when turned off and back on or restarted. Since when did memory cleaning become unimportant for system!?...haha

-does it now allow stock gapps to install? O well, will try it cos I've only been using micro gapps which GMs core sometimes stops working probably caused by some apps i install or sth i remove (not sure) and restarts my tab and gets it stuck on boot, frozing without any animation.

-smart lock disabled by administrator...wait...who's that again? I thought I was the owner...OMG! I lost ownership to my tab....lol

-what is backlight settings? Does it have anything to do with the flashlight setting? Cos I don't see its effect. Even stock ported JB has assist I've light tho over time, it gives me color distortion when apps are reduced to create more ram space....

-I think with custom Roms, a lot of functions keep getting taken out or reduced making it lighter by theory but don't feel that way at all..... CM 12 might work as a stock than a custom if you know what I mean. I know you are all capable of it and have got the genius mind for it...hehe...

Well, a lot of comprising and a lot of missing features that work hand in hand to bring the strength of the tab as well as performance.....we're yet to see the best of CM12...

O O O....chrome browser started glitching a lot the moment cm12 started getting fixed bit by bit....what does that mean? Is there a build issue that is missing or unworkable with?....o well, we'll see...I'm rather a curious person so don't freak out..hahahaha

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Lollipop is really messy so be careful how you work around it... :p

Making it light for for much more simpler devices or purposes....not all devices are the same so I'm guessing google is getting lazier and lazier by the day..... We might not see a proper smart phone in future and it will end up with lots of restrictions and costs if these funny colorful updates keeps ups rather than making the firmware solid..... Even a PC Linux or Ubuntu is incomplete...hahahaha...buts still very useful I guess :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

CWM recovery says 'Unknown Volume for path [/sd-ext]

What does this mean?

O b4 leave....SD mounts only when device either start with it or is restarted. And those don't work, clearing dalvik cache would. Unmounting and remounting or changing SD either manually or through settings gets really messy and unstable a lot of the times... Well, this my last post for today...

Reactions: rezadentevil

saeghe3000

Jan 10, 2014
rom p6800

hi
why the size of the newest rom ( 14Feb2015) for P6800 in goo.im is ZERO kb?
you can see in this URL : https://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/cm-12.0/p6800/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some issues with 10th Jan build

Hey Daniel,
    Firstly, thanks a ton for your hard work. I check this forum on daily basis to check out new builds if any. I really love your work. I am still using my 3 year old tab just because of you.

I have installed the the 10th Jan build. There is one major issue I want to report. When I leave the tablet on for sometime untouched on charging or anything. I come back and try to use it at the moment the screen never switches on. I have to push the power button and hard restart the device again.

It seems to be dying out after going into deep sleep and need to be restarted to start using again.

If I am missing some solution for this please let me know so i can fix this. Otherwise this new build and new kernel is awesome. Even the speed of device has tremendously improved.

Ravi
    Method to achieve root

Got ideas how to achieve root? KitKat method or any specified methods? :confused:
    test results for 5/1

very usable but not too stable,random crashes,auto restart,freezing
    apps start fast but then lag a little
    over all almost can be used as daily drive other than lag and random random crash and reboot

miss xposed and themes engine,lollipop has an annoying green-white theme ,yuck
    reboot into recovery

hi
    I installed this cyanogen rom on my P6800 , but in "Rom Manager" app i couldn't Reboot to Recovery.
    when i press "Reboot to Recovery" my tab doesn't reboot!!!!!!!
    Great Rom

This ROM is by far better than kitkat on many ways...and its much more stable... So far everything works perfectly...the only small thing is, I think lollipop is abit too heavy on the tab 7.7. Cm 12, I'm really enjoying the feel... Thanks Dan.

So how can lollipop feel lighter but with the same features? In terms of its memory management, speed at which it can process one or more things at a time and considering where tab 7.7 is coming from, it doesn't seem all that simple...

Also, you we could tell you if there were any problems.. No distortion or anything but there are minor flickers which kinda scares me..I hope its nothing. The flashlight function don't work. Any gapps higher than the micro version, I get this error "insufficient internal storage-aborting installation'. I use the latest TWRP.

Is it possible to get a camera app with photosphere? I really love that function in a camera..

Everything else works just fine...WiFi works better on da kk versions and much better on da lollipop (cm12). Like I said from the beginning, seems the lollipop weighs the tabs overall performance down a lot.. I couldn't find anything in the root folder that helped so maybe you could teach me a thing or two about that area on android lollipop...

I have a tab gtp6810
    Thanks

And o, the previous ROMs that some people complained about the charging running down the battery instead while plugged in and running at least one app like the browser... I did a power supply reset in the terminal... I don't know if worked but I'll give a feedback here if I see any improvements for everyone using any of Dan HK ROMs...