Dark Meadow: The Pact

Search This thread

TremF

Jun 18, 2010
I was reading through my usual Android news sites and came across this. Instantly I installed it on both my Prime and HTC One X.

I haven't checked it out beyond the very impressive intro yet but I got a slight surprise whilst installing it. My HTC One X was around 2.5x faster at unpacking the game than my Prime was. I set the Prime off unpacking first then the One X, I even had to restart the unpacking on the One X due to the screen turning off and still the One X finished first and I was able to watch the intro (very impressive on a 4.7" 720P screen) before the Prime finished.

I had the Prime set to Balanced Mode (1.2Ghz) but I feel it's more likely the memory Asus have used that meant the unpack was so slow and that if I had selected Performance (1.6Ghz o/c) the One X would still have been faster?

Anyway, off to check the game out for a bit. Looks good so far :)

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I was reading through my usual Android news sites and came across this. Instantly I installed it on both my Prime and HTC One X.

I haven't checked it out beyond the very impressive intro yet but I got a slight surprise whilst installing it. My HTC One X was around 2.5x faster at unpacking the game than my Prime was. I set the Prime off unpacking first then the One X, I even had to restart the unpacking on the One X due to the screen turning off and still the One X finished first and I was able to watch the intro (very impressive on a 4.7" 720P screen) before the Prime finished.

I had the Prime set to Balanced Mode (1.2Ghz) but I feel it's more likely the memory Asus have used that meant the unpack was so slow and that if I had selected Performance (1.6Ghz o/c) the One X would still have been faster?

the slower speeds in read/write is software related. Asus needs to tweak the firmware.

Reactions: TremF

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
Not my kind of game. But the graphics are good and the game runs smoothly.

And for controller. This game is made for touch, And I doesn't think that playing this with a gamepad would make it better.

Asus Prime & Tapatalk

romeo57

Mar 16, 2012
Miri
Screen flickering

I couldn't even get the game started. Everytime I select "Start New Game", the screen turns white and start to flicker. I'm using AOKP at the moment. Do I have to do anything? :confused:

TremF

Jun 18, 2010
I couldn't even get the game started. Everytime I select "Start New Game", the screen turns white and start to flicker. I'm using AOKP at the moment. Do I have to do anything? :confused:

Others that have had this issue have reported that it has been fixed after a restart. Initially the screen does go white for a few seconds when you start the game for the first time.

mibo666

Sep 19, 2010
Nice game :) I like that and runs very very smooth :)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
Omg the graphics^^ really nice stuff. This is definately infinity blade niveau or even better.

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
Not my kind of game. But the graphics are good and the game runs smoothly.

And for controller. This game is made for touch, And I doesn't think that playing this with a gamepad would make it better.

Asus Prime & Tapatalk

The game is on screen gesture controlled. Not sure you can really map that to a controller?

sixaxis app and root can create touch profiles that are mapped to the buttons of your choosing on the ps3 controller

TremF

Jun 18, 2010
sixaxis app and root can create touch profiles that are mapped to the buttons of your choosing on the ps3 controller

I have that but still don't think it would work. It's gesture control - there aren't specific areas on the screen to press for most actions. To look at something/pick it up you have to touch the screen where it is. To activate the crossbow you have to press the screen to pull it back and hold it whilst you aim then let go to fire. You then use gestures with the knife/sword to slash like in Fruit Ninja etc. You also click specific areas on floors to move to them or on doors to open them.

If there is a way to map everything then brilliant as I would prefer to use my PS3 pad but I haven't a clue how to get it to work myself. :)

myv6mustang

Jun 26, 2007

Had the same issue on stock prime. It eventually worked after a hard reboot.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
I have that but still don't think it would work. It's gesture control - there aren't specific areas on the screen to press for most actions. To look at something/pick it up you have to touch the screen where it is. To activate the crossbow you have to press the screen to pull it back and hold it whilst you aim then let go to fire. You then use gestures with the knife/sword to slash like in Fruit Ninja etc. You also click specific areas on floors to move to them or on doors to open them.

If there is a way to map everything then brilliant as I would prefer to use my PS3 pad but I haven't a clue how to get it to work myself. :)

ohh then yea your most likely right, sounds like a very interactive game gotta get around to playing soon.

ickk

Nov 8, 2011
Tampa, FL
This took me like 3 attempts to start, but it runs. I played this game for quite a few hours yesterday, about level 7 or 8 in game, on the second floor (if my level is too high for the second floor it's cause I kept getting attacked looking for gems).

All in all I like the game, big changeup for android.

I love the silent hill series, and I can see how some people can relate the two in terms of the plot and the monsters, but it's nothing like silent hills gameplay in my opinion.

It's more of a cross between blood and glory and a clue game. You fight like in blood and glory, and you search around for things on the map like those clue games on the market that I always see but never download.

I think it would be funner if you could freely move around, but it's pretty fun as it is, and that could ruin some of the suspense of moving to an area and wondering if somethings going to pop out and attack you.

Since it's free, there's no excuse for a tegra 3 owner not to download this and give it a go.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

I assumed that was on purpose so you can hear the cicadas they mention (damn game suckered me in for 15 bucks already haha)

bro, get gamecih and save your money, I'm pretty confident it will work on this game. I haven't tried because I think gamecih can ruin a game by cheating, but it lets you alter numeric values like coins, xp, etc.

Also I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money, perhaps you like supporting the developer, just speaking on behalf of your wallet :3

Reactions: collinsac24

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
this is definitely a game you use to showcase the prime and tegra3 power. i cut superips on while playing so the graphics and screen pop out even more. its a beautiful game. and its free..lol

more games need to use the unreal3 engine...cant wait till bladeslinger finally releases.

ickk

Nov 8, 2011
Tampa, FL
this is definitely a game you use to showcase the prime and tegra3 power. i cut superips on while playing so the graphics and screen pop out even more. its a beautiful game. and its free..lol

more games need to use the unreal3 engine...cant wait till bladeslinger finally releases.

Da Vinci THD uses unreal3 as well, been waiting for that one months before I even bought my transformer prime. 1-2 more months and it should be here finally.

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
This took me like 3 attempts to start, but it runs. I played this game for quite a few hours yesterday, about level 7 or 8 in game, on the second floor (if my level is too high for the second floor it's cause I kept getting attacked looking for gems).

All in all I like the game, big changeup for android.

I love the silent hill series, and I can see how some people can relate the two in terms of the plot and the monsters, but it's nothing like silent hills gameplay in my opinion.

It's more of a cross between blood and glory and a clue game. You fight like in blood and glory, and you search around for things on the map like those clue games on the market that I always see but never download.

I think it would be funner if you could freely move around, but it's pretty fun as it is, and that could ruin some of the suspense of moving to an area and wondering if somethings going to pop out and attack you.

Since it's free, there's no excuse for a tegra 3 owner not to download this and give it a go.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

bro, get gamecih and save your money, I'm pretty confident it will work on this game. I haven't tried because I think gamecih can ruin a game by cheating, but it lets you alter numeric values like coins, xp, etc.

Also I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money, perhaps you like supporting the developer, just speaking on behalf of your wallet :3

yea i like to support devs but thanks for the tip, il check that out though if i go further into the game (hopefully it doesnt require root) but il go learn about it later :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check out "Dark Meadow: The Pact its only for tegra 3

Google Play

Yeah I know no personal review yet, I figured I'd post before I end up playing it for 6 hours.

Slashgear Review
    or take the shortcut of purchasing stuff which is what i did cuz the damn "witch" beat her twice already now :p

I refuse to pay money in freemium games. It's a matter of principle. I loathe that business model, and I refuse to support it. I would happily pay a few bucks for games like this, but I'm not willing to be nickle and dimed with ongoing purchases.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using XDA
    There was a package on the in-game store that included some bombs, first aid kits and other stuff. It also made it so all weapons and amulets could be bought with gold instead of sun coins.

So, just plugged my Prime up to our 47" 1080P screen while running Dark Meadow and wow! I wish you could actually play it that way, walking around and collecting gold I could do but you can't fight/dodge well without looking down at the Prime's screen. But the difference is phenomenal, I was seeing little details and colors I'd never noticed before and the game really does have magnificent graphics. I can only hope that the Infinity's screen will somehow have deeper colors along with its larger pixel-count, because if so then games like this will be beyond spectacular.

the slower speeds in read/write is software related. Asus needs to tweak the firmware.