what earphones?

Search This thread

fcortes626

Dec 23, 2011
Baldwin Park/ L.A.
ok so i lost the earphones that came with my s3 and need new ones. i was looking at the urbeats and the beats tour. should i get either of those or should i just buy the same ones that came with the phone? the beats are $50-$60 on ebay and the samsungs are from $7-$15 on ebay aswell. i already have mods on my phone like beats, dolby, xloud, and srs. so im wondering if i get the samsung if they will be like the beats with the mods.

zoppp

Nov 17, 2011
Try the JVC Xtreme Xplosion Earbuds. I've got a pair of them and I've been pretty satisfied with them. I've got an irregular ear and regular Earbuds and in ears never really worked for me, these stay in my ear with no problems and are very comfortable. The bass is very good almost comparable to my Sony XB-500 (Blow beats studio out of the water.... Just saying) the mids and highs are Allright, they get better as you burn in the ear buds. I think they are really good and I got mine for like $20 shipped.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004M8SAJ4

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

fcortes626

Dec 23, 2011
Baldwin Park/ L.A.
i got my earphones the other day and i just tried them today and i have to say they suck. they were supposed to be samsung genuine and i cant hear the bass. i compared them to my brothers samsung oem earphones and his sound way better.:(

dont know if it has anything to do with it saying for samsung galaxy blaze 4g. but they look the same as the ones for the s3.

elementaldragon

Feb 21, 2011
I personally would avoid Beats like the plague. Yea... they supposedly have nice sound to them (Never had a pair close enough to my head to hear them)... but i wouldn't buy any product made by Monster. Yes... the A/V cable company. The same one that apparently has the ca-hone's to sell people a gold-plated fiber optic audio cable with a straight face.

I'd either go with genuine Samsung earbuds if you liked the way they sounded, or i'd say Sennheiser.

derberts

Jul 18, 2012
If you don't mind not having a mic, the Sony mdrex310lps are phenomenal and about 70 bucks

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

rayray27

Oct 4, 2012
Are there any regular ear buds (I don't like IEMs) with a mic (that actually works for calls lol) that work for the S3? Volume control would be nice too but I think that's asking too much at this point :D In a nutshell I'm looking for a headset similar to that of the iPhones but one that is functional with the S3.

Digitalthug

Jan 2, 2008
You still using wired headsets come on man the Galaxy 3 support apt-X for CD quality Bluetooth stereo sound. If I were you I would invest the money in Jay birds they have a new 1 call Jay bird sprint phenomenal sound quality. Phone call quality is okay, but for media ohh my God these are the best I've ever used!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

khoikn

Aug 16, 2012
Mesa
I'd stay away from Beats.
Overpriced, and the sound quality isn't terribly amazing. You pay for the branding essentially.
A good pair of Sennheiser's or the Klipsch s4as will do so much better.
Those are my headphones for music.

Otherwise, I have a couple OEM Samsung's for calls and such, they are nice for the price point. $5-10 on Amazon/eBay.

Reactions: derberts

fcortes626

Dec 23, 2011
Baldwin Park/ L.A.
i contacted the seller and he said he sent me some new ones that he tested out before he shipped htem and were working. i also noticed my brothers were like an inch longer. anyhow i went with the s3 oem. i got a $400 ticket and $380 for traffic school so i need to start saving up money to pay it so no beats or any other expensive accessories for now lol

aveda6

Dec 31, 2010
Nashua
I would agree that Beats are not worth the expense. My son has had a pair of in-ear beats and they have not held up at all. I am hopeful that with Beats officially separating from Monster that the quality and value will start to head in the right direction.

rlatjs17

Aug 16, 2012
New Jersey
I really don't get people who say stay away from beats. I have one myself and I do think they're a little overprice for the sound quality but, I think they are the best looking headphones. I don't want to be walking around with some retarded looking headphones on my head. Its all about preference. Just go to your nearest bestbuy try out all the headphones and see which you like the best. I have the Studio's for anybody wondering about em. Here's a pic. And yes you can hate me for it
20121021141758.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could always just buy the same ones
    They're pretty cheap
    $6-$10

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    I'd stay away from Beats.
    Overpriced, and the sound quality isn't terribly amazing. You pay for the branding essentially.
    A good pair of Sennheiser's or the Klipsch s4as will do so much better.
    Those are my headphones for music.

Otherwise, I have a couple OEM Samsung's for calls and such, they are nice for the price point. $5-10 on Amazon/eBay.
    The sound quality is good enough for me. Any better I won't be able to tell the difference anyway and I dont need anything better. If you didn't know they have colors other than red. I'm just a big fan of red. Red sneakers, red hats, etc etc. If you wanna hate for me wanting to look good while having decent sound then go ahead and hate. Haters gunna hate. Also, if you live in an area where your going to get mugged for a pair of beats I think you should consider moving to a decent neighborhood where you won't get robbed for headphones.. Pce

Edit: Reason for my rant is no need to push people away from different choices. You buy what you want to buy. Some people prefer looks over performance. Kind of like spending money on a car. Either you go for stance or performance.

I actually live in a nice neighborhood. FAR from a city. I work near a city, however.

I'm just saying that it's odd to be talking to someone who's looking for good sound quality, and recommending Beats. If you seem to be able to easily admit that they're overpriced for how they sound... why would you recommend them personally? It's like someone *****ing to people about how horrible fast food is, and you realize that the very same person goes to McDonalds 3-4 times a week for lunch.

Sennheisers may not be the most colorful, but i'd rather pay probably close to $100 less for the same or better sound quality for the sole fact that they're not both marketed by a rapper and sold by a company that also overcharges for A/V cables.