[CUSTOMIZATION] kwerdenker's Widgets and Screen Setups [Updated: 11.09.14]

Search This thread

Rawbster

Nov 17, 2012
weird. when i setup the weather and the calendar and it doesn't load everything.

weather doesn't load min and max's of the days or sometimes doesnt even show them
calendar doesn't show any of my events.

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
weird. when i setup the weather and the calendar and it doesn't load everything.

weather doesn't load min and max's of the days or sometimes doesnt even show them
calendar doesn't show any of my events.

That's indeed weird. Those things should work out-of-the-box with any current Zooper version. Just some general ideas:
- did you select any calendar to display? can't remember if it defaults to all or nothing when you add a new widget
- did you try any of the built-in widgets that use weather or calendar data? just want to make sure it's not a general Zooper problem on your device.

Rawbster

Nov 17, 2012
That's indeed weird. Those things should work out-of-the-box with any current Zooper version. Just some general ideas:
- did you select any calendar to display? can't remember if it defaults to all or nothing when you add a new widget
- did you try any of the built-in widgets that use weather or calendar data? just want to make sure it's not a general Zooper problem on your device.

ah yes, now i figured it out. the calendar is working but the weather doesn't update all of the min and max's.

also, how can i configure it that the events are not in military time? I used to code basic **** using zooper but i opened the edit text manually and its crazy lol. how would I recode it so its 0-12 time and not military?

LauraSakura

Jan 29, 2009
Youngstown, OH
On Zooper 2.4, in having a problem...

Clock widget errors when I open it in ZW and go to "layouts"... shows a folder icon instead of the real background.

bruce7373

Apr 28, 2012
Los Angeles
ah yes, now i figured it out. the calendar is working but the weather doesn't update all of the min and max's.

also, how can i configure it that the events are not in military time? I used to code basic **** using zooper but i opened the edit text manually and its crazy lol. how would I recode it so its 0-12 time and not military?

When you go into Layout, select the hour element (text) to edit. Then select Edit Text Manually (sounds like you got this far). Now, on the Available Fields drop downs, select Date. You'll see all of the configurations. One of them is "hours (0-12)." Edit what's already written accordingly. I think it's just a matter of removing an "h" (#Dhh# -> #Dh#).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: kwerdenker

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
250kb.de/u/130806/p/ZP5KxSufupSV.png

Wtf? Looks totally ****ty on my galaxy s2 :(

That no graphics are loading at all is quite odd. On the other hand I put this thread in the Nexus 4 forums for a reason. The widgets are designed for at least the screen resolution of my Nexus( 1280x768 ) and the difference to your SGS2 is just to great (800x480 if I remember this correctly) to properly scale. Sorry, but I just don't have the time to support multiple devices with different resolutions. :(

Sent from my secret moonbase via space carrier pigeons

Surtr52

May 4, 2012
That no graphics are loading at all is quite odd. On the other hand I put this thread in the Nexus 4 forums for a reason. The widgets are designed for at least the screen resolution of my Nexus( 1280x768 ) and the difference to your SGS2 is just to great (800x480 if I remember this correctly) to properly scale. Sorry, but I just don't have the time to support multiple devices with different resolutions. :(

Sent from my secret moonbase via space carrier pigeons

I'm having the same issue with a different widget. I've tried re-downloading the zip a few times to no avail.

I can live without it though, really nice work!
RyL5wDL.png

Last edited:

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Ok, here is the new link. All widgets have been re-exported with latest Zooper Version. Please delete your old templates and widgets and repeat the setup process. If I get positive feedback that everything is working as it should, I'll update the download link in the how-to and can finally delete all those "important" messages :D

zoukiii

Aug 6, 2013
250kb.de/u/130806/p/2gGwR8cYDFi6.png

even with my galaxy s2 it looks okay now :)
and u were right, it's all kinda big and i had to import the font on myself.

bender_8

Jan 12, 2013
Is there a way to enable Fullscreen in Illusion Rom?
Dont know what "PIE" is you were talking about in the guide, is it the same as SlimPIE?

Last edited:

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Is there a way to enable Fullscreen in Illusion Rom?
Dont know what "PIE" is you were talking about in the guide, is it the same as SlimPIE?

The ROM thread you linked too has it on their features list as "PIE Controls". In standard PA you can activated it either via the long-press powermenu or you can add a toggle to the quick settings for it. I'm guessing it's the same for your ROM too.

bender_8

Jan 12, 2013
The ROM thread you linked too has it on their features list as "PIE Controls". In standard PA you can activated it either via the long-press powermenu or you can add a toggle to the quick settings for it. I'm guessing it's the same for your ROM too.

I activated it now, but had to disable the navigation-bar manually.
But it seems that there is no option to disable the statusbar permanent, just stuff like "..if no non-permanent notifications are present".

bender_8

Jan 12, 2013
It's been a while since I was on PA, but isn't there an extended desktop option where you can select one or both bars to hide? If not, Nova launcher has an option to hide the status bar.

Yes there is the "extended desktop" option, but i can't see where to choose which bars i wanna hide.
Hiding Navbar+Statusbar manually should do pretty much the same, huh?

Last edited:

bruce7373

Apr 28, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes there is the "extended desktop" option, but i can't see where to choose which bars i wanna hide.
Hiding Navbar+Statusbar manually should do pretty much the same, huh?

Yes. I prefer AOKP ROMs and the status bar option is in their set of settings, so perhaps PA doesn't have that, can't remember.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

A collection of my work with Zooper Widget Pro.
    I hope you like my work and if you have any questions or problems, just post them and I'll try to help you out :)

You can also check out my collected work on mycolorscreen.com/kwerdenker

BlackUiInspirant
    BlackUiInspirant

Black & White City
    Black & White City

CondensedBlackBar
    CondensedBlackBar

FlatBlue
    FlatBlue

ClockFrame
    ClockFrame

Brittle
    Brittle

Flipp
    Flipp

Serenity
    Serenity

Airy
    Airy Music Widget

Vertique
    Vertique

InspiredByBeats
    InspiredByBeats

WolfieMinimal
    WolfieMinimal

Floating
    Floating

Dash
    Dash

SideLined
    SideLined

ChangingLine
    ChangingLine

GradientLine
    GradientLine

KWER001
    KWER001

Elysian Fields
    Elysian Fields

KWER003
    KWER003

ThreeCards
    ThreeCards

GlassShade
    GlassShade

BlackUiInspirant

BlackUiInspirant_Presentation_Small.png

On mycolorscreen

Preamble:
    This was designed for the full screen of the Nexus 4, so it works best with a ROM that supports full-screen mode a.k.a. PIE. It should look ok with the status- and navbar but everything might get a bit small ;).

Requirements:
    - A custom launcher like Apex, Nova, etc. For this tutorial I'll be using Apex
    - Zooper Widget Pro
    - Media Utilities
    - BalckUiInspirant_by_kwerdenker_2_40.zip
    - Tasker, if you want the settings panel

Step 0:
    Install all necessary apps (if you haven't already). Enter Media Utilities after you have installed it, go into settings and check Zooper under the "Application integration" category and Make coverart available under "Experimental features at the bottom.

Step 1:
    Download the zip to your phone, extract the content and put the *.zw files into /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Templates/.

Step 2:
    Go into the settings of your custom launcher. Set the grid of your homescreen to 10x6 (10 rows, 6 columns). If it's supported by your launcher, you should also hide the dock. (Bonus: In Apex under "Dock settings", check "Dock as overlay" and under "Behavior Settings" set some gesture do "Toggle dock. This way you can put your app shortcuts into the dock and show/hide it via gesture)

Step 3:
    On your homescreen, long press to bring up the menu and select Wallpapers, then choose Gallery and navigate to where you've extracted the zip file to. There select the wallpaper and resize the box to cover the whole screen. Finish with "Ok".

Step 4:
    Long press again to bring up the menu, select Widgets->Zooper Widget Pro->7x2. Tap on the resulting widget, select "SD card" and then choose BlackUI_Clock. If you want, you can select "Widget OnTap Action" in the next screen and choose something you want launched when the widget is tapped. Your alarm app for instance. If you are done, just exit the setup screen by pressing the back key. The clock widget should now be on your screen. If not, wait a second and it should pop up. Now position the widget where you want it to be on your screen. On my screen, it sits right in middle :)

Step 5:
    Add another widget, this time choose BlackUI_Music. Nothing to setup here, just exit the setup screen again and put it where you want it.

Step 6:
    Another widget, this time choose BlackUI_Weather. Again, not much to setup. So back to the homescreen and position it.

Step 7:
    Can you guess it? Right, another widget, BlackUI_Calendar this time. Before you exit this one though, you should select "Calendar to display" and check the calendars you want to display on this widget. You can also setup an OnTap action to open your calendar application if you want.

For everyone without tasker, this is as far as you gonna get. Sorry but Zooper currently does not support changing system settings by itself. For everyone else, here are the steps for the setting panel.

Step 8:
    Put the ZW_Tasks.prj.xml in /sdcard/Tasker/projects/. Open Tasker, press the home icon, tap "Import" and then select the ZW_Tasks file. This should be all you have to do in Tasker.
    If you can't see the file when trying to import it, make sure you have "Beginner Mode" unchecked in the settings of Tasker. Thanks to haelmchen for finding this.

Step 9:
    Add a Zooper widget (7x2, like the others), select BlackUi_Settings and exit back to your homescreen. Try the WIFI toggle and see if it works.

And that's about it. Enjoy your new homescreen and if you have any questions (or just want to show off your setup), feel free to post to this thread :)
    Brittle Widget Collection

Brittle_Presentation_small.png

Here is the release of my widget pack "Brittle". These are simple, minimalistic widgets with a slightly glassy background. If you can think of a widget that should be made, post a comment and I will consider it.

For the Toggle action to work, you need to install the app that's available in the linked folder.
    For the music widgets you need to have Media Utilities (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.batescorp.notificationmediacontrols.alpha) installed. Time remaining and progress bar are currently beta features and are only available on versions 0.131 and up.

Download: http://goo.gl/ttyq94
    You can either download only single widgets from the Zooper Templates folder or download all of them as a zip.​

Also on mycolorscreen: http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/09/21/brittle-widget-pack/
    GradientLine

GradientLine.gif

Files: http://goo.gl/oCTJ3F
    The download link also contains an alternative version of the clock without the extended music infos :)

If you want to do me a favor, please not only click on the download link but also go on http://mycolorscreen.com/2014/03/09/gradientline/ and hit the love button! Thanks :)

Setup for Nova Launcher Prime, Popup Widget and immersive mode navbar only on a Nexus 4 (you might need to adapt for other launchers and screensizes):
    1 Screen
    Margins none
    Grid 10×6
    Resize all widgets, Widget Overlap and Overlap when placing options checked
    1. Download templates from link below and put them in /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Templates/
    2. Add Zooper Widget 6×2 to your screen and resize to 6×3; Tap on widget and load the GradientLine_Clock_Extended_6x3 template; make sure scaling is at least 100; exit to homescreen
    3. Add Zooper Widget 6×2 to your screen and place in the bottom most rows; Tap on widget and load the GradientLine_Dock_Background_6x2 template; make sure scaling is at least 100; exit to homescreen
    4. Enter Popup widget and create a new Zooper widget with these settings:
    Auto close – off
    Close by touch – on
    Animation – Fade in
    Speed – 400
    Effect – Accelerate-Decelerate
    Reflection effect – off
    Fit in screen – off
    Customized position – on
    Input Position – x 170, y 990
    Widget dimensions – x 618 y 120
    5. Place your favorite apps, shortcuts, etc in the bottom row on your screen, place the shortcut for the popup widget in the rightmost place. After you added the popup widget shortcut, click on it to open it, tap on the zooper widget and load the GradientLine_Music_Popup.zw template
    6. OPTIONAL: change icons for whatever you added to some from +Jeppe Foldager SmallWhites, available in his stash here: https://www.copy.com/s/DxsaXLatvBGf/Share
    Serenity

Serenity.gif

Link to the GIF for Tapatalk user: Serenity GIF