[Q]gt-n7100 bootloader to flash official 4.4

Search This thread

hannki

Feb 15, 2013
Looking for some help to determine am i ready to flash official 4.4.

Curently runing slimkat 4.4.2 4.4 weekly.
Androis system info app says i have xxdmb2 bootloader. My previous rom was some xxuemk4 rom. Cant remember what it was.

So do i need to flash mk5 bootloader before i flash new official 4.4? I do vaguely remember that i had Knox at some point.

Lähetetty minun GT-N7100 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010

Androis system info app says i have xxdmb2 bootloader. My previous rom was some xxuemk4 rom. Cant remember what it was.

So do i need to flash mk5 bootloader before i flash new official 4.4? I do vaguely remember that i had Knox at some point.

MJ5 is the last bootloader can be downgraded
I think you should flash it

Okay here's the deal mj5 is a 4.3 bootloader which is knox free and one can downgrade right back to 4.1.2 but issue using mj5 (or any other 4.3 KNoxed bootloader) is that phone cannot be charged on 4.4.2 when powered off it will power on if you try so.Get into download mode and see if it says "Knox warrant void 1" if it says that then you should upgrade to the latest kitkat bootloader which is ND 3 ,you can power off your phone and charge it while using Kitkat TW rom.Also you can use custom ROM which are 4.3 based.Here's the link to ND3 and how to flash bootloader.

If you are under warranty it will be void cause KNOX will be triggered if it hasn't already for you so beware.

ND3 bootloader

How to flash Bootloader via pc odin

hannki

Feb 15, 2013
Just checked dowload mode and there where no reference to Knox. Just custom binary counter readings and system status modified. So it should be safe to flash mj5 with out fear of loosing efc/imei.

The thing is that i dont remember have i been using later bootloaders than mj5. Thats why im bit conserned to flash it.

Thanks for your suport so far.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Just checked dowload mode and there where no reference to Knox. Just custom binary counter readings and system status modified. So it should be safe to flash mj5 with out fear of loosing efc/imei.

The thing is that i dont remember have i been using later bootloaders than mj5. Thats why im bit conserned to flash it.

Download phone info app for Samsung and in there check the bootloader version should be mj5 mj9 etc if you are on anything higher than mj5 then DONT downgrade bootloader , you won't lose imei or efs when flashing bootloader. Attached below is my bootloader info uploadfromtaptalk1398889875082.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hannki

hannki

Feb 15, 2013
Thank you all from help.
My problem is now solved and I'm on stock 4.4.2.

Used pc Odin and sams french firmware. What is strange is that now download mode shows me
Current binary Samsung official
System status official
Knock warranty void 0

And I have flashed at least 50 times with various roms and have had two different recoveries.

Reza Kashkuli

Jan 7, 2013
Tehran
Im on phoenix v17 4.3 with mk4 bootloader
Whats the differences between mk4 and mj5 bootloaders? Which is the newer?
Should i flash mj5 before updating to the lastest Ditto note3 4.4.2?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
MK4 is the bootloader after mj5 ,mj5 is knox free 4.3 bootloader which worked really well with 4.3 aosp/tw and 4.4.2 aosp rom,it works fine with the 4.4.2 tw builds as well except that none of the 4.3 bootloaders (mj5 and higher) can charge the phone when powered off if you are running 4.4.2 TW rom.Many like myself are sticking to mj5 and shunning from flashing the knoxed bootloader cause charging phone by turning it off is not a deal breaker to us,since you are mk4 you already triggered knox so you're warranty is void so might as well upgrade to ND3 bootloader after flashing 4.4.2 TW ROM

Reactions: Reza Kashkuli

Reza Kashkuli

Jan 7, 2013
Tehran
MK4 is the bootloader after mj5 ,mj5 is knox free 4.3 bootloader which worked really well with 4.3 aosp/tw and 4.4.2 aosp rom,it works fine with the 4.4.2 tw builds as well except that none of the 4.3 bootloaders (mj5 and higher) can charge the phone when powered off if you are running 4.4.2 TW rom.Many like myself are sticking to mj5 and shunning from flashing the knoxed bootloader cause charging phone by turning it off is not a deal breaker to us,since you are mk4 you already triggered knox so you're warranty is void so might as well upgrade to ND3 bootloader after flashing 4.4.2 TW ROM

Thanks mate it was really helpful
But now some questions!
Should I upgrate to nd3 bootloader?or this upgrating(going to 4.4.2) gives me nd3 bootloader automatically?is nd3 better than mk4?
Is it worthy to flash a 4.4.2 rom? When there's no completely official based release?
Thanks for your help

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
But now some questions!
Should I upgrate to nd3 bootloader?or this upgrating(going to 4.4.2) gives me nd3 bootloader automatically?is nd3 better than mk4?
Is it worthy to flash a 4.4.2 rom? When there's no completely official based release?
Thanks for your help
If you care about warranty then don't upgrade ,if you don't care about warranty (warranty is expired) then upgrade to ND3 bootloader.No the ROMs won't give you the bootloader,only the modem which is ND3 (i flashed it this morning and got the newest modem and still on mj5).Well nd3 is pure kitkat tailor made bootloader anything prior to that is for JB hence this charging issue we face when phone is turned off while on KK TW ROM.it's officially released for a week now ,france got it first so all the 4.4.2 TW roms you see on the thread are from the french version,Indian version released today on sammobile and some people are getting OTA in India,they are both the same only difference is in modem.So now ball is your court as to what you would like to do,wait around for sometime more or jump the Kitkat bandwagon :)

nd3 bootloader

Flash it via pc odin v 3.09

Last edited:

Reza Kashkuli

Jan 7, 2013
Tehran
If you care about warranty then don't upgrade ,if you don't care about warranty (warranty is expired) then upgrade to ND3 bootloader.No the ROMs won't give you the bootloader,only the modem which is ND3 (i flashed it this morning and got the newest modem and still on mj5).Well nd3 is pure kitkat tailor made bootloader anything prior to that is for JB hence this charging issue we face when phone is turned off while on KK TW ROM.it's officially released for a week now ,france got it first so all the 4.4.2 TW roms you see on the thread are from the french version,Indian version released today on sammobile and some people are getting OTA in India,they are both the same only difference is in modem.So now ball is your court as to what you would like to do,wait around for sometime more or jump the Kitkat bandwagon :)

nd3 bootloader

Thanks my friend for every thing

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
Well it seems that flashing 4.4.2 has cleaned your counters. Do you still have guarantee? If not then you are all good. And welcome to the Knox club. Now you can't downgrade bootloader Nor going back to 4.3 or 4.2.1, but who wants to go back.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Well it seems that flashing 4.4.2 has cleaned your counters. Do you still have guarantee? If not then you are all good. And welcome to the Knox club. Now you can't downgrade bootloader Nor going back to 4.3 or 4.2.1, but who wants to go back.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
You can go back to 4.3 (tested by few users) ,can't go back to 4.1.2

SLMI

Jan 31, 2012
Istanbul
Hi guys, after the flashing of the ND3 bootloader can we flash other 4.4 roms or any mod like normal, i don't care about warranty, i just want to know that after nd3 bootloader can i keep going on my routine flashing jobs, cuz in some articles they said after nd3 bootloader you can't flash anything would you lighten me please

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Adtrix

Apr 16, 2011
Brightness bar problems

Hi guys.
I have strange problem after flashing ND3 bootloader on my Note 2 with 4.4.2 ARHD 30.0. The brightness bar in notification bar is not appearing even when the brightness control checkbox is checked in toggle settings. It was always fine before changing the bootloader. Wipe data/cache/dalvik is not helping. Maybe revert to MJ5? (As I assume that it was the one on ARHD 30.0)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MJ5 is the last bootloader can be downgraded
    I think you should flash it

Okay here's the deal mj5 is a 4.3 bootloader which is knox free and one can downgrade right back to 4.1.2 but issue using mj5 (or any other 4.3 KNoxed bootloader) is that phone cannot be charged on 4.4.2 when powered off it will power on if you try so.Get into download mode and see if it says "Knox warrant void 1" if it says that then you should upgrade to the latest kitkat bootloader which is ND 3 ,you can power off your phone and charge it while using Kitkat TW rom.Also you can use custom ROM which are 4.3 based.Here's the link to ND3 and how to flash bootloader.

If you are under warranty it will be void cause KNOX will be triggered if it hasn't already for you so beware.

ND3 bootloader

How to flash Bootloader via pc odin
    But now some questions!
    Thanks for your help

nd3 bootloader

Download link is broken.
    Please update

Download phone info app for Samsung and in there check the bootloader version should be mj5 mj9 etc if you are on anything higher than mj5 then DONT downgrade bootloader , you won't lose imei or efs when flashing bootloader. Attached below is my bootloader infouploadfromtaptalk1398889875082.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk