[CLOSED][KERNEL+Touch CWM][SGS-SCL]{v15} Team UtterChaos Kernel (UC-Kernel)[XXKPQ]

Maximum overclock level?

• 1100 MHz

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 1200 MHz

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • 1300 MHz

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • 1380 MHz

Votes: 27 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheDarkLord1997

Apr 1, 2012
Mumbai
The donation has been taken undue advantage of . Doomlord has been active releasing kernels for the new xperia's . I wonder what is holding him and Napster back from developing for this device. It has been nearly 3+ months since an update.

carniman78

Sep 16, 2011
Toledo
Wish I could know or predict future. Otherwise I would have not taken donation decision :(

vishal, as you well know, in the past I have some disagreement with you about the responsability of a developer when the comunity take the decision of donate a device. But, in my opinion, donate a device to UC team was a good idea because they opened us the way to get a modified kernels, OC, new types of CWM, etc. You had a great idea in that moment, and I know that you made a lot of efforts to locate people that wanted to work in our devices. Please do not feel bad now because those people are not working for us right now; they've done a good job with our I9003 and, in part, that's because your contribution.

Excuse me for the OT. Regards

Reactions: BassBlaster

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
Good news

Guys good news :D I talked with doomlord. He is ready to return device. He told me that he & napster will remain busy in future for longer time & donated device is meant for development so they dont have any problem in returning device as it will be helpful for us to use that device for development purpose :)

So guys I talked with Dhiru & he thinks that stratosk will be perfect person to whom we can give our device. Once I recieve device I will approach to stratosk. Hope he will agree for us.

Stratosk recognised developer profile
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3750240

Last edited:

loneagl

Mar 31, 2012
lost city of Atlanta
OnePlus 8T
Guys good news :D I talked with doomlord. He is ready to return device. He told me that he & napster will remain busy in future for longer time & donated device is meant for development so they dont have any problem in returning device as it will be helpful for us to use that device for development purpose :)

So guys I talked with Dhiru & he thinks that stratosk will be perfect person to whom we can give our device. Once I recieve device I will approach to stratosk. Hope he will agree for us.

Stratosk is like awesome.I have followed his work..he is the creator if the semaphore kernel for I9000.the device could not be in better hands than his!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

carniman78

Sep 16, 2011
Toledo

Waiting for the Semaphore kernel running in our devices :D:D

heysupratim

Sep 20, 2010
Vancouver
Ohk guys can somebody point me to the original source tree of the kernel for i9003 ,not the one forked by dhiru

As in where exactly was it orginaly hosted ?

Napstar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2011
Pune
Where is UC team? I have never seen a person in my whole lifetime who is busy more than Obama (president of America). I really wonder how UC team dont get even just 2 min to just reply in this thread...?? Dont they have any moral responsibility of at least replying to their own created thread??

Now please dont tell me that "they have their own life, they are not paid for their work, bla bla bla..." If people dont know then I will tell u some facts. We have donated nearly 18000 Rs means nearly 340$ for a brand new device for development. Its not a small amount.

See my friend, programming is my passion, though I fall short of it in comparison to great developers like DooMLoRD, hillbeast, dhiru n XDA_bam etc. The point of mentioning this is because forget about 2mins, once I log in into XDA I dont know how time passes away just by reading different threads. XDA is damn addictive and so is development. But, the reason for not replying is because I never post something before showing some updates, thats what you will find in my previous posts and also by looking at my number posts infer the same thing. May be its a bad habit but thats how I am. Also, if I had showed up just for 2 mins, it would have started ETAs and would have took me back into the same circle.

On another note, we clearly mentioned that we won't be replying to posts like "will it support for XXX rom, etc." in our first few posts. Everything was mentioned over there, still if someone wants to play with, why not try out and the post. Anyway thats not the current topic of discussion.

And regarding our moral responsibility, my friend look at my post here from this same thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30082559&postcount=1854

I had mentioned there that I will be busy till January 2013 and if you guys prefer I was ready to hand over this device then itself.

And one more most important thing that I know UC team member's real name & their real facebook accounts where I PM'd lot of time nearly one month ago. They do other activity on facebook but they never reply me. They surprisingly find time on facebook but not for us on xda. What meaning should I take from this?? If they want to keep donated device then straight way they should tell us or else for sake of development they should return it to us which can be used in a much better way.

Personally, I dont like people interfering in my personal life. And to your knowledge, I never received a single message from you on facebook or Gmail account. (check that you spelled my name and id correctly).

Wish I could know or predict future. Otherwise I would have not taken donation decision :(

Seriously my friend? As far as I remember after receiving this device we were pretty much consistent in terms of updates and development on this device. Not only that I had stopped development for a device that I had owned myself and have worked only on SL I9003 in recent past.

The donation has been taken undue advantage of . Doomlord has been active releasing kernels for the new xperia's . I wonder what is holding him and Napster back from developing for this device. It has been nearly 3+ months since an update.

Dude, what are you talking about? Please correct your numbers.... DooMLoRD and I have not shown up for the reasons mentioned above for atleast past 3 months. And I am not happy about that either. None of us are active on any other devices currently.
And, if you want to know the truth, I had to change my workplace and my project (talking about my professional workplace and project where I earn my bread and butter) in April 2012. Not that I am blaming anyone here. It was me who didn't pay attention to my work. And now I am glad at my new workplace and dont want to leave it in near future.

Thats true! Yesterday only DooMLoRD mentioned me about talking to you in this respect. And I had no problem with it. Its better that a development device be in hands of an active developer rather than lying on a desk, especially when hot development is going on. And I am sure that these developers will bring greater good to this device.

I sincerely apologies to all community members and especially people who have donated this device to us, for not reaching their expectations. I hope this does not create a bad example in your minds about the developers in here, its just that time has brought this phase upon us. Our bad luck!

I bid great future to you all!

P.S. I will lock-down this & all UC threads as soon as I handover this device to vishal. Hopefully, we will find some time again in future for some serious development, till then Enjoy! :D

Edit: Forgot to mention an important thing, thanks to vishal for all your help and patience. You are really an active and dedicated contributor that this community has. And for moderator, if you found this post offensive or incorrect in any sense them please feel free to edit it or delete it.

Last edited:

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
Apologise from me...!

Hello guys just today in the morning I recieved device from napster. I must apologise to UC team & especially napster. I must confess that I was really harsh with them on this forum :( Its a different thing that they couldnt developed kernel 3.x kernel for us (because of really busy schedule which is really a valid reason) but they have developed lots of good things like OC frequency, superb governers, scheduers, various features like touchscreen support recovery & lots of other stuffs which improved our device capability alot.
Napster is really-really very nice guy. When I met him he talked with me very nicely & delivered me our donated device which still look like a brand new device :) So with a sincere heartly aplolgy I wish UC team for a bright future :)

loneagl

Mar 31, 2012
lost city of Atlanta
OnePlus 8T
Hello guys just today in the morning I recieved device from napster. I must apologise to UC team & especially napster. I must confess that I was really harsh with them on this forum :( Its a different thing that they couldnt developed kernel 3.x kernel for us (because of really busy schedule which is really a valid reason) but they have developed lots of good things like OC frequency, superb governers, scheduers, various features like touchscreen support recovery & lots of other stuffs which improved our device capability alot.
Napster is really-really very nice guy. When I met him he talked with me very nicely & delivered me our donated device which still look like a brand new device :) So with a sincere heartly aplolgy I wish UC team for a bright future :)

What can we do without you vishal? You always do all the spade-work!! Want me to contact stratosk?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Napstar

crk1995

Nov 22, 2011
Delhi
See my friend, programming is my passion, though I fall short of it in comparison to great developers like DooMLoRD, hillbeast, dhiru n XDA_bam etc. The point of mentioning this is because forget about 2mins, once I log in into XDA I dont know how time passes away just by reading different threads. XDA is damn addictive and so is development. But, the reason for not replying is because I never post something before showing some updates, thats what you will find in my previous posts and also by looking at my number posts infer the same thing. May be its a bad habit but thats how I am. Also, if I had showed up just for 2 mins, it would have started ETAs and would have took me back into the same circle.

On another note, we clearly mentioned that we won't be replying to posts like "will it support for XXX rom, etc." in our first few posts. Everything was mentioned over there, still if someone wants to play with, why not try out and the post. Anyway thats not the current topic of discussion.

And regarding our moral responsibility, my friend look at my post here from this same thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30082559&postcount=1854

I had mentioned there that I will be busy till January 2013 and if you guys prefer I was ready to hand over this device then itself.

Personally, I dont like people interfering in my personal life. And to your knowledge, I never received a single message from you on facebook or Gmail account. (check that you spelled my name and id correctly).

Seriously my friend? As far as I remember after receiving this device we were pretty much consistent in terms of updates and development on this device. Not only that I had stopped development for a device that I had owned myself and have worked only on SL I9003 in recent past.

Dude, what are you talking about? Please correct your numbers.... DooMLoRD and I have not shown up for the reasons mentioned above for atleast past 3 months. And I am not happy about that either. None of us are active on any other devices currently.
And, if you want to know the truth, I had to change my workplace and my project (talking about my professional workplace and project where I earn my bread and butter) in April 2012. Not that I am blaming anyone here. It was me who didn't pay attention to my work. And now I am glad at my new workplace and dont want to leave it in near future.

Thats true! Yesterday only DooMLoRD mentioned me about talking to you in this respect. And I had no problem with it. Its better that a development device be in hands of an active developer rather than lying on a desk, especially when hot development is going on. And I am sure that these developers will bring greater good to this device.

I sincerely apologies to all community members and especially people who have donated this device to us, for not reaching their expectations. I hope this does not create a bad example in your minds about the developers in here, its just that time has brought this phase upon us. Our bad luck!

I bid great future to you all!

P.S. I will lock-down this & all UC threads as soon as I handover this device to vishal. Hopefully, we will find some time again in future for some serious development, till then Enjoy! :D

Edit: Forgot to mention an important thing, thanks to vishal for all your help and patience. You are really an active and dedicated contributor that this community has. And for moderator, if you found this post offensive or incorrect in any sense them please feel free to edit it or delete it.

Feeelliiiiinnnnngggg very sad.
Because the way developers are treated when they tryna fix up there personal lives.
Also same behaviour i saw towards hillbeast.
I dont like it at all.
Sorry napster from others side.

ivAnash

Aug 15, 2011
Bangalore
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
@ Team UC

Guys u were the one's who got custom kernelscl, overclocking., governors schedulers and loads of other things to this community .. We will never forget ur contribution ...
Thanks a ton and best of luck ..

Napstar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2011
Pune
Updated dead download links for UC_GSL_v15

Recently, based on people's request I got to know that my host server was down because of some reasons.

I have updated links for the final kernel release. I hope the original host server will be up and working soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---- [ UPDATE ] ----

kernel v15 with stable OC and fixed GPS posted here

---- [ UPDATE ] ----

[ info ]

hello everyone,

we present to you Team UtterChaos Kernel (UC-Kernel)...

this kernel will be maintained by:
    • DooMLoRD
    • Napstar

THANKS TO ALL WHO DONATED THE DEVICE FOR US TO WORK ON!

[ special thanks ]

vishal24387 - for encouraging the user community and striving hard to see more devs work on this device
    ganeshbiyer - for helping me get acquainted with SGS-SCL stuff

[ screenshots ]

SC20120521-010949.png
    GSL_v15.png
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

[ Video for Full Touch CWM recovery ]

[ disclaimer/WARNING ]

THE KERNEL IS STILL IN TESTING... PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

WE ARE NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ features/changelog ]

• [ v15 onwards ] Removed 1380MHz frequency and added 1350MHz instead
    • [ v15 onwards ] Provided Smartreflex nvalues to all intermediate frequencies, which will calibrate voltages as per each device requirement and should provide stable OC experience
    • [ v15 onwards ] Respecting cpufreq policy in any condition
    • [ v15 onwards ] Fix multiple Home button presses
    • [ v15 onwards ] Disabled LED driver suspend in sleep mode for bln - should allow using modified services.jar and liblights.so for BLN support
    • [ v15 onwards ] Fixed GPS - thanx to loSconosciuto
    • [ v15 onwards ] Fixed touch based CWM recovery further :cowboy:
    • [ v14 onwards ] Implemented VDD SYSFS. Support to change VDD levels using shell environment.
    • [ v14 onwards ] Further corrected voltages and DSP frequency which should fix problems with video playing, recording etc.
    • [ v13 onwards ] Implemented kernel level control for boot-time cpufreq. Now kernel will boot with default maximum cpufreq of 1000MHz and lower cpufreq limit of 300MHz. :)
    • [ v13 onwards ] Corrected voltages and DSP frequency which should fix problems with video playing, recording etc.
    • [ v13 onwards ] Corrected sync bug fix again which had got messed up during kernel sources upgrade ;)
    • [ v12 onwards ] implemented slightly better CPU freq thresholding at boot-up - this will reduce the time the CPU is at max frequency... this is still not implemented at kernel level but we are working on it
    • [ v12 onwards ] merged GT-I9003_SWA_GB_Opensource_Update1 kernel sources
    • [ v11 onwards ] added lots of intermediate frequencies (120-200-300-400-500-600-700-800-900-1000-1100-1200-1300-1350-1380)
    • [ v11 onwards ] updated to newer patched ZRAM (details on how to use it are here)
    • [ v11 onwards ] added ZCACHE, FRONTSWAP and updated CLEANCACHE to properly support ext3/ext4
    • [ v10 onwards ] fixed sync bug related to notifications
    • [ v10 onwards ] Added extra cpufrequency bins. Current table has;
      • 120 MHz
      • 300 MHz
      • 600 MHz
      • 800 MHz
      • 1000 MHz
      • 1100 MHz
      • 1200 MHz
      • 1300 MHz
      • 1350 MHz
      • 1380 MHz (not fully stable)
    • [ v09 onwards ] fixed bootup clock speeds - all kernels will by default ALWAYS bootup at 1.0GHz max & 300MHz min CPU frequency
    • [ v09 onwards ] some changes in CF-Root ramdisk - reverted to 24-11-2011 CF-Root ramdisk by amit
    • [ v09 onwards ] some minor graphics changes in our touch based recovery - using graphics from CWM5.5 (ICS) and changed the images of the navigation buttons
    • [ v09 onwards ] recovery will now backup & restore (if boot.img was previously backed up) kernel too (boot partition)
    • [ v09 onwards ] updated ramzswap driver to newest zram driver and enabled it
    • [ v09 onwards ] added & enabled cleancache driver
    • [ v09 onwards ] testing some CPU overclocks upto 1.3GHz
    • [ v08-fix onwards ] fixed some issues on OC version
      • Issue with video recording
      • Issue with playback of 720p video using hardware decoding
      • Usage of 200MHz cpu frequency
    • [ v08 onwards ] CPU clock-frequency overclocked to 1.2GHz
    • [ v08 onwards ] CPU clock-frequency underclocked to 200MHz with undervolting
    • [ v07 onwards ] added new CPU governors:
      • Lionheart
      • Lazy
    • [ v07 onwards ] updated to latest (as of 27-Dec) CF-Root by amit.bagharia
    • [ v07 onwards ] maintaining separate kernels for overclocked (OC) and non-overclocked (non-OC) features (GPU & CPU)
    • [ v06 onwards ] optimized CPU governors
    • [ v05 onwards ] testing GPU overclocking
    • [ v04 onwards ] Overclock upto 1.1Ghz
    • [ v03 onwards ] kernel now compressed using LZMA
    • [ v03 onwards ] enabled support for EXT4 file system (had missed that one in v02)
    • [ v03 onwards ] updated CWM (by amit) to latest version (24-11)
    • [ v03 onwards ] kernel will now show custom bootlogo (if enabled by user); and allow users to place their own logo (if they want or revert to logo in kernel) [ DETAILS HERE ]
    • [ v03 onwards ] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [ v02 onwards ] shifted to TinyRCU kept it as default
    • [ v02 onwards ] enabled support for various file systems
      • EXT3
      • JBD
      • RFS
      • JFS
      • NTFS (with R/W)
    • [ v02 onwards ] TUN/TAP now integrated into kernel
    • [ v02 onwards ] enabled support for various network file systems
      • NFS (client/server)
      • CIFS
    • [ v02 onwards ] optimized kernel for size
    • [ v02 onwards ] enabled LZMA/GZ2/LZO compressing support for ramdisk
    • [ v02 onwards ] bumped jHash to v3
    • [ v02 onwards ] increased VM MAX READAHEAD to 512KB
    • [ v02 onwards ] corrected "current kernel" string in CWM app & Tweaks app
    • [ v01 onwards ] Universal CF-Root and CWM for I9003 Gingerbread by amit.bagaria
    • [ v01 onwards ] CPU Governors
      1. InteractiveX
      2. Savaged-Zen
      3. SmartAssV2
      4. BrazilianWax
      5. Smoothass
      6. Lagfree
      7. Smartass
      8. Scary
      9. MinMax
      10. Interactive
    • [ v01 onwards ] I/O Schedulers
      1. BFQ-v2-rc1
      2. V(R)
      3. SIO

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING FEATURES

[ credits for features ]

thank you all for ur work!

[ requirements ]

how to install our kernel OR get back to stock kernel

[ my kernel sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/SGS-SL-i9003

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;) PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

download links are posted here

< OLD RELEASES >

BEFORE U ASK A QUESTION OR POST AN "ISSUE" read this: FAQs & TIPs

and

A Guide to Raising a Problem/Bug Report

icon8.gif

enjoy!
    It looks like, it is high time to shift to ics. ;)

Ok, guys. we will start working on porting our kernel for other rom. :)

@ UC team

Guys I know that u are working with alot of hard work for making stock kernel much much better with good features. But except vurrut no one is specifically creating kerels for AOSP roms. Now a days no one is using (or very few people are using it) cm7 or GB based miui roms. Everyone is excited about ICS based Dhiru's cm9 rom. But he is also alone working on it & he is struggling alot to make it a daily usable rom. But we can't expect everything from him on such tough development of cm9 which includes new drivers, wifi problems, most tough development of kernel 3.0 & many more problems.
    We all expect from u guys that please help Dhiru by working on ICS kernel. Also many users seriously facing blacklight issue which causes a heavy battery drain on cm7 & now on cm9 roms. So please take a look into that also. We all will be thankful to u :)

Thank You

Regards
    VISHAL

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA
    How to Install our kernel OR go back to stock kernel

If u want to flash kernels on device (without need of PC) check this: Flashing kernels using MobileODIN

[ how to install our kernel ]

1. download the kernels's .tar file
    2. check the md5hash of the file to ensure file integrity
    3. reboot device into Download mode
    4. connect to PC via USB cable
    5. start ODIN
    6. make sure that device is detected
    7. click on PDA and select the file u downloaded
    8. now click start
    9. after flashing is successful the device will reboot
    10. enjoy our kernel!

[ how to get back to stock kernel ]

1. download the file given below
    2. check the md5hash of the file to ensure file integrity
    3. reboot device into Download mode
    4. connect to PC via USB cable
    5. start ODIN
    6. make sure that device is detected
    7. click on PDA and select the file u downloaded
    8. now click start
    9. after flashing is successful the device will reboot
    10. you will now be back on stock kernel

Download links for Stock Kernel

XXKPQ ONLY
    MD5HASH: 2ae4b0e635ab21a64c6ea68ca42cdf0c
    UC Kernel v09 (test kernels) released!

UC Kernel v09 (test kernels) released!

we will be testing further CPU overclocking with this series...

[ screenshots ]

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

[ changelog ]

1. fixed bootup clock speeds - all kernels will by default ALWAYS bootup at 1.0GHz max & 300MHz min CPU frequency
    2. some changes in CF-Root ramdisk - reverted to 24-11-2011 CF-Root ramdisk by amit
    3. some minor graphics changes in our touch based recovery - using graphics from CWM5.5 (ICS) and changed the images of the navigation buttons
    4. recovery will now backup & restore (if boot.img was previously backed up) kernel too (boot partition)
    5. updated ramzswap driver to newest zram driver and enabled it
    6. added & enabled cleancache driver
    7. testing some CPU overclocks upto 1.3GHz (cpu frequency for each version is given below)
      • #1009 - 300/600/800/1000/1200
      • #2009 - 300/600/800/1000/1250
      • #3009 - 300/600/800/1000/1300

[ NOTE ]

1. we will revert to newest CF-Root ramdisk later... due to some technical issues we cant include that in this release...
    2. version #1009 will be the most stable of the lot... other kernels are provided for testing purposes only!
    3. version #3009 is overvolted to have stability at 1.3GHz we can optimize the voltages later
    4. i havent had time to do a thorough testing... we are depending on the users feedback...
    5. it appears the "fix_permissions" feature in CWM recovery is broken, i have fixed it in our sources... it will work correctly from next release...

[ download links ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR OUR FILES

UC-KERNEL-v09 (1009)
    MD5HASH: 3dbf2739a9f78970438e31df8827374a

UC-KERNEL-v09 (2009)
    MD5HASH: 867896e9e9f7d02445a1841c342a8179

UC-KERNEL-v09 (3009)
    MD5HASH: f2f20d09a18c73801a998c56e055c5fe

please do intensive testing and let us know ur feedback/reports!

icon8.gif

ENJOY!!!
    UC Kernel v09 (test kernels) with FULL TOUCH RECOVERY released!

[ Video ]

[ changelog ]

• Support for full touch recovery based on CWM

[ NOTE ]

• currently recovery does not show options for backup to or restore from internal sdcard though it deals with internal sdcard only.
    • if you do not want to take backup of sd-ext then use advanced backup.
    • We will release a final version soon with a single cpu table settings etc.

[ download links ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR OUR FILES

UC-KERNEL-v09 (1009)
    MD5HASH: 9b522d21b1063c277e29a4ce25889945

UC-KERNEL-v09 (2009)
    MD5HASH: 5dc1d25a4b757000185b55f70c8dd2ad

UC-KERNEL-v09 (3009)
    MD5HASH: 4227e873f00be76cc33c879280c98b15

please do intensive testing and let us know ur feedback/reports!

icon8.gif

ENJOY!!!