[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][1-11-12][WIP] ics-deck-inc [alpha5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dubluv17

Aug 20, 2010
Make sure you guys understand what you're doing with this build, as in, if it won't boot or you boot loop or get stuck, the problem is what YOU are doing, and not the rom.

My problem is not with boot looping or getting stuck. It's with the ROM rebooting. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with what I'm doing during the flashing process.

Second, follow the dev's instructions exactly as they wrote them. That means wipe and format the areas listed, and install the proper files in the proper order. So if he says to install the rom first, don't reboot yet, then install gapps, then reboot, then do it in that order.

There are no instructions in this thread. However, I have been flashing ICS just as I do every other ROM I have flashed. That means wiping data/cache/dalvik and then flashing. I have tried flashing gapps directly after flashing the ROM and also after booting up first. Both methods have been complete failures on my phone.

And finally, be cool. Don't come in here on an Alpha pre release thread and stink up the joint. (say "*****, be cool") If you can't seem to get it to take, then try a different method. Download the rom on a computer and transfer it to your phone, see if you get a different md5. Flash the rom zip, then flash it again right away before anything else. You make it through the setup screen, reboot the mofo and let it gain some proficiency.

I don't feel like my post had any kinda of disrespectful or demanding content. I just keep seeing these posts that people are making stating that ICS on the Incredible is "stable" and basically a daily ROM. I completely respect the work that the devs are doing, I just want to know what everyone is doing to get this stability that I keep reading about. I just tried again and out of the first ten attempts (all but one rebooted at the "just a sec" screen), one of them got passed it and I was able to attempt adding my account. It then rebooted again while I was typing in my password. I gave up. So with this almost "stable" ROM, I can't even add my Google account to get things to sync up. What am I doing wrong?

russphil

Jul 6, 2009
Anyone flashed both and have any thoughts on this?

R2's ROM at least has a much more detailed changelog and list of what works/doesnt work. With nothing else to go on, I have to assume that the better-documented one is the better ROM.

I'd like to hear what people think though.

It seems smoother, although that might just be a placebo effect. Headphones work, which I was never able to on the r2 rom, and even with the fix. That was a real sticking point with me on r2's rom. I'll probably stick with this rom, and at least until the r2 gets a significant update. I've gotten one random reboot so far, although what does that really say considering that it is ICS?

Last edited:

RamAir02

Dec 3, 2007
New York, NY
My problem is not with boot looping or getting stuck. It's with the ROM rebooting. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with what I'm doing during the flashing process.

There are no instructions in this thread. However, I have been flashing ICS just as I do every other ROM I have flashed. That means wiping data/cache/dalvik and then flashing. I have tried flashing gapps directly after flashing the ROM and also after booting up first. Both methods have been complete failures on my phone.

I don't feel like my post had any kinda of disrespectful or demanding content. I just keep seeing these posts that people are making stating that ICS on the Incredible is "stable" and basically a daily ROM. I completely respect the work that the devs are doing, I just want to know what everyone is doing to get this stability that I keep reading about. I just tried again and out of the first ten attempts (all but one rebooted at the "just a sec" screen), one of them got passed it and I was able to attempt adding my account. It then rebooted again while I was typing in my password. I gave up. So with this almost "stable" ROM, I can't even add my Google account to get things to sync up. What am I doing wrong?

Try format boot and format system under the advanced menu in addition to your regular wipe process.

Sent from my ADR6300

romsRfun

Dev said the Rom isn't perfect. I ran into random reboots. Programs closing randomly without a fc message. Hell, I even tried sat nav and it was in and out during my work day. I can't complain cos I saw it run on my phone for a couple hours.

...awesome sauce on my ADR...

xwera43

Jun 22, 2010
Oregon via SoCal
Hmmm, I flashed it, erased data and dalvik cache, nothing at the incredible screen, did it again, same thing?

Make sure you format the /boot partition too.

X

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

People stuck at the welcome screen probably didnt do a full wipe, including system wipe and boot. Exciting, can't wait to try.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Why would I or anyone not do a full wipe? I understand there are some people that are that noob, but really? I've tried ICS over ten times now and have had the same results with each iteration. I've had many reboots from just typing in my email address. This is not an issue of wiping.

So, let me get this straight... You ignore the fact that wiping the partitions properly is important, then complain about reboots (with different ROMs)? How does this make sense to you? WIPE, wipe again, format /system and /boot. If you're not going to take advice, don't ***** when your phone doesn't work! :rolleyes:

X

DustinBooyah

Dec 25, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Why would I or anyone not do a full wipe? I understand there are some people that are that noob, but really? I've tried ICS over ten times now and have had the same results with each iteration. I've had many reboots from just typing in my email address. This is not an issue of wiping.

You're right it's not an issue of wiping, it's an issue of being a PRE-ALPHA

countryfolk07

You're right it's not an issue of wiping, it's an issue of being a PRE-ALPHA

It is pre-alpha as the OP states. You probably will get reboots. I did, I always do a thorough wipe with no TB restore. I still got hot starts and apps closing. But overall it was a good experience. Would definitely not call this a daily driver, but it's well on it's way. Can't wait till this is ironed out.

Sent from my ADR6300

dubluv17

Aug 20, 2010
I guess that's my bad. I haven't ever formatted boot or system on the ~100 or so ROM flashes I have done and I have never had any problems like this. I don't even think I've ever seen in talked about in threads or included in flashing instructions. Maybe...Anyways, I did it and the results are identical. I wiped data, cache, dalvik, formatted boot and system, flashed ICS, booted, tried to let it sit and get everything going (rebooted a few times), then flashed gapps. Still reboots like crazy. I don't think the phone can go more than thirty seconds once the ROM loads without rebooting.

DustinBooyah

Dec 25, 2010
Gainesville, FL
I just got this working perfectly on the first try.

First, I took EVERYTHING off my SD card and put it in a folder on my computer for later. My SD card was completely empty. I dropped the ROM into the empty SD card.

I then pulled the battery and booted into recovery. Then I wiped data, wiped cache, wiped boot and wiped system. Then I installed the ROM... screen went blank for a little bit, phone vibrated a tad, BAM! ICS.

Amazing. Not a daily by any means, but definitely awesome!

jitajt

Oct 10, 2008

Your probably not doing anything wrong, Evervolvs ICS works perfect on my Incredible, I've had like 3 random reboots in a week. But when my brother goes to install it on his he has the same problem as you are having and we can't figure out why. Something is just a little off on some DINCs for some reason. Once they get ICS all working and stable those kind of things will prob go away.

swm5126

Dec 11, 2009
For those of you having reboot problems, try increasing your voltages across all steps in Inrcredicontrol. If you don't already have it download it from the market. This has made me go from constant reboots to zero on my kanged ROM I posted in the dev thread. I'm guessing it would probably help you guys out too since all these ICS ROMs are Tiamat's kernel.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

DarkTharen

Jun 24, 2010
Brainerd
about.me
For those of you having reboot problems, try increasing your voltages across all steps in Inrcredicontrol. If you don't already have it download it from the market. This has made me go from constant reboots to zero on my kanged ROM I posted in the dev thread. I'm guessing it would probably help you guys out too since all these ICS ROMs are Tiamat's kernel.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

I just did what you said with the Incredicontrol. I will post my results but so far it is a ton better!

kozmo198

Aug 11, 2010
No reboots for me, a lot of force closes, some apps don't work, browsing also

kozmo198

Aug 11, 2010
how to get sync working,Google maps downloaded,fc no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    buh bye xda.

-deck
    I'd just like to request that people try not to make a competition out if this and pit ROMs/devs against each other. Myself, preludedrew, deck, and others all talk and collaborate on fixes & features. We are doing this for fun...at least that's my goal. Having choices for ICS is a great thing and helps meet the various preferences people have.
    I like the ICS keyboard, but if I was driving for example...there's no way I could use it. And I really like t9, its so much easier to use IMO

I hope you type while driving and crash into a brick wall before you end up crashing into a minivan full of kids. :)

Don't take your eyes off the road.
    Anyone flashed both and have any thoughts on this?

R2's ROM at least has a much more detailed changelog and list of what works/doesnt work. With nothing else to go on, I have to assume that the better-documented one is the better ROM.

I'd like to hear what people think though.

Both work about the same. Though I had fewer fc's using Inc decks, but that doesn't really mean anything as they are both pre-alpha.

Make sure you guys understand what you're doing with this build, as in, if it won't boot or you boot loop or get stuck, the problem is what YOU are doing, and not the rom.

First of all, if you haven't checked the Md5 sum then you're really wasting your time and shooting blind. It HAS to match EXACTLY.

Second, follow the dev's instructions exactly as they wrote them. That means wipe and format the areas listed, and install the proper files in the proper order. So if he says to install the rom first, don't reboot yet, then install gapps, then reboot, then do it in that order.

Third, pay attention to what your phone is doing during the installation, ensuring you get all the messages you're expecting.

Fourth, be PATIENT. Consider what it is your phone is doing the very first time you boot up after installation: building and loading, compiling and accessing files and db's for the FIRST time. Let your phone do it's job and give it some time before you go munching on the sammich.

And finally, be cool. Don't come in here on an Alpha pre release thread and stink up the joint. (say "*****, be cool") If you can't seem to get it to take, then try a different method. Download the rom on a computer and transfer it to your phone, see if you get a different md5. Flash the rom zip, then flash it again right away before anything else. You make it through the setup screen, reboot the mofo and let it gain some proficiency.

One more thing, all the time and effort these guys put in to get these out is free of charge. Keep that vibe going however you can.

Much love my friends

Sent from SkyNet's Matrix in a galaxy far, far away, where no one has gone before...
    Did anyone figure out how to get su to get root access on 8?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Download the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip from the androidsu website and flash at recovery.