[ROM] ChameleonOS - RAYGLOBE - Use your miui theme

Search This thread

raimondomartire

Nov 9, 2005
Salerno
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
NOTE: This ROM is not in the free and clear just yet. This is an unofficial build so any issues will be handled as best as possible until it becomes official. Before it can become official we need confirmation from multiple testers that it is stable enough for a daily ROM. And now we present:

chamaleonos.png

ChaOS

Chameleon OS (or ChaOS for short) is a custom Android ROM that gives the user more control than they can experience on any other Android ROM. Starting with a CyanogenMOD base, we customize each piece to give ultimate control while maintaining the simplicity we all love about Android. The most notable feature of ChaOS is the theme engine, which can apply different pieces of themes in a true mix-and-match style. The launcher has been completely overhauled with tons of options that you'd normally need to download a third-party launcher for, such as home screen previews, folder sorting, and folder icon styles. The Messaging app has also had some UI retouches, including messaging bubbles and quick emoji button.

The entire framework of ChaOS has been modified around the theme engine, allowing for custom fonts, boot animations (with animated preview), and themes. No longer do you have to try to find the perfect theme, with Chameleon OS you can patch it together with your favorite pieces from different themes. Messaging, Phone, Status Bar, icons, everything can be set completely individually from each other which provides the capabilities to completely re-imagine your phone. Creating themes for the ChaOS Theme Engine is superbly simple and has extreme versatility.

My team is open so if you are a developers or themer and want help in project my door is always open

opfeatures.gif

Launcher Features

★ Folder icon styles: stacked, grid, or carousel
★ Folder sorting: alphabetically, reverse alphabetically, or by usage
★ Icon scaling in app drawer and on homescreen
★ Home screen previews, rearrangable homescreens
★ Set default screen from previews layout
★ Add or remove homescreens from previews layout
★ Slide homescreens with a second finger while holding widgets and icons
★ Customizable gestures: slide up, slide down, pinch, and spread

Theme Manager

★ Based on MIUI's theme engine
★ Mix and match different themes on the fly
★ Theme options: Icons, Status Bar, Boot animation, Font (requires reboot), Messaging, Framework, and Ringtones
★ Applies native ctz files, but also will apply MIUI mtz files, not all elements will theme properly with mtz packages
★ Animated boot animation preview
★ Boot animation resolution scaling

System UI

★ Customizable toggles, compact or page view (or off)
★ Extended volume panel in page view toggles
★ Access status or navigation bars while in fullscreen apps by touching the edge of the screen
★ Circle memory meter in recents panel shows memory available and total memory
★ Enable the experimental Tablet UI on all devices

Messaging

★ New UI design based on the new Google Hangouts application UI
★ Reads custom notification tones from Contacts
★ Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis

Security

★ Manage installed apps' permissions
★ Firewall included so you may now control which applications can use data / wifi.

opscreenshots.gif

opscreens.png

opdownloads.gif

http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.php?dir=HTC%2FOne%2FRayglobe%2FChameleonOS
XDA File Server - Thanks Korumera

Credits
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for giving us an easy foundation to develop
ChaOS for mutiple devices
· I'd also like to thank |0xD34D| and the whole ChameleonOS team
· Huge thanks to kushdeck, toastcfh, Flinny, Flemmard, Codeworkx, birdman, koush, intervigil
- Hoppermi for great theme that i use in this first version

Last edited:

Kiray1982

Dec 17, 2010
Xiaomi 12
looks nice, all is working as well, but...
wifi doesnt connect... in cm10.1 or sense-based all is working fine
^^edit: after some reboots it works^^

sysUI FC if i scroll in horizontal quicksetting to the end ( -> right side)

Last edited:

hoppermi

Feb 7, 2011
Welcome guys! We hope you enjoy what has been done so far and looking forward to much more in the future.

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
looks nice, all is working as well, but...
wifi doesnt connect... in cm10.1 or sense-based all is working fine
^^edit: after some reboots it works^^

sysUI FC if i scroll in horizontal quicksetting to the end ( -> right side)

I'm having the same issue wifi not working. Rebooted several times no difference. Will have to switch back to previous rom, will try again once issue resolved.

Last edited:

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
what is the bug list ?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

ok installed fine

Data works
wifi works

so far so good but how do you add themes ?

hoppermi

Feb 7, 2011
what is the bug list ?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

ok installed fine

Data works
wifi works

so far so good but how do you add themes ?

Go to the tab that says get themes, download .ctz files from our forum put them in the ChaOS/theme folder, or click on download finished notification and it should ask if you want to install the theme, this will move it for you and it will appear in theme manager.

Here is a video of 0.8 highlight features http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu1IWOKnPfI

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: This ROM is not in the free and clear just yet. This is an unofficial build so any issues will be handled as best as possible until it becomes official. Before it can become official we need confirmation from multiple testers that it is stable enough for a daily ROM. And now we present:

chamaleonos.png

ChaOS

Chameleon OS (or ChaOS for short) is a custom Android ROM that gives the user more control than they can experience on any other Android ROM. Starting with a CyanogenMOD base, we customize each piece to give ultimate control while maintaining the simplicity we all love about Android. The most notable feature of ChaOS is the theme engine, which can apply different pieces of themes in a true mix-and-match style. The launcher has been completely overhauled with tons of options that you'd normally need to download a third-party launcher for, such as home screen previews, folder sorting, and folder icon styles. The Messaging app has also had some UI retouches, including messaging bubbles and quick emoji button.

The entire framework of ChaOS has been modified around the theme engine, allowing for custom fonts, boot animations (with animated preview), and themes. No longer do you have to try to find the perfect theme, with Chameleon OS you can patch it together with your favorite pieces from different themes. Messaging, Phone, Status Bar, icons, everything can be set completely individually from each other which provides the capabilities to completely re-imagine your phone. Creating themes for the ChaOS Theme Engine is superbly simple and has extreme versatility.

My team is open so if you are a developers or themer and want help in project my door is always open

opfeatures.gif

Launcher Features

★ Folder icon styles: stacked, grid, or carousel
    ★ Folder sorting: alphabetically, reverse alphabetically, or by usage
    ★ Icon scaling in app drawer and on homescreen
    ★ Home screen previews, rearrangable homescreens
    ★ Set default screen from previews layout
    ★ Add or remove homescreens from previews layout
    ★ Slide homescreens with a second finger while holding widgets and icons
    ★ Customizable gestures: slide up, slide down, pinch, and spread

Theme Manager

★ Based on MIUI's theme engine
    ★ Mix and match different themes on the fly
    ★ Theme options: Icons, Status Bar, Boot animation, Font (requires reboot), Messaging, Framework, and Ringtones
    ★ Applies native ctz files, but also will apply MIUI mtz files, not all elements will theme properly with mtz packages
    ★ Animated boot animation preview
    ★ Boot animation resolution scaling

System UI

★ Customizable toggles, compact or page view (or off)
    ★ Extended volume panel in page view toggles
    ★ Access status or navigation bars while in fullscreen apps by touching the edge of the screen
    ★ Circle memory meter in recents panel shows memory available and total memory
    ★ Enable the experimental Tablet UI on all devices

Messaging

★ New UI design based on the new Google Hangouts application UI
    ★ Reads custom notification tones from Contacts
    ★ Revised layout: Added messaging bubbles, removed avatar icons from conversation and put one in the action bar, quick shortcut for emojis

Security

★ Manage installed apps' permissions
    ★ Firewall included so you may now control which applications can use data / wifi.

opscreenshots.gif

opscreens.png

opdownloads.gif

http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.php?dir=HTC%2FOne%2FRayglobe%2FChameleonOS
    XDA File Server - Thanks Korumera

Credits
    We would like to thank CyanogenMod for giving us an easy foundation to develop
    ChaOS for mutiple devices
    · I'd also like to thank |0xD34D| and the whole ChameleonOS team
    · Huge thanks to kushdeck, toastcfh, Flinny, Flemmard, Codeworkx, birdman, koush, intervigil
    - Hoppermi for great theme that i use in this first version
    Raimondo, if you need some free space for mirror of your rom, pm me ;)
    Also if you need an hand :p

Hi Guido as you know my project are always open and I need always an hand! My todo list:
    1) xxhdpi theme
    2) I want add in framework support to sony small apk
    3) I want port this rom on new cm 10.2

:good::good:
    Ima bout to compile a build tonight and see what I get and I'll post bc I planned on doing this before I seen this but if need be it be att version but ima resync source now

Sent from my HTC One

Rom is for international htc one. Full wipe and flash. Copy on sdcard Chos diectory in theme all miui theme and you can install this theme with theme manager apk.