[GUIDE] Temp Root [VISIONary by PaulOBrien]

Search This thread

SupremeBeaver

Jun 10, 2010
Nicosia
There are no rooted Apps, some Apps just need Root Access to fully work on the phone, they won´t be deinstalled, they just wouldn´t work anymore but u can toggle a Button with the "Visionary" App that it automatically will root ur phone again after a restart.

ah sorry that's what i meant. But good to hear they won't be gone! I can seriously live with this root situation. ok we wont have custom roms for now, but at least we can still use those apps that need root (titanium, tether, marketenabler etc.)

LtdEdFred

Jun 30, 2010
Oslo
Forgive me if this is off topic, but does Google condone rooting? Since they allow an app with the sole purpose of doing so to be on the market. Also, since it's so extremely easy to do it with the use of this app why doesn't Google just ship the handsets pre-rooted?

Good luck seeing this in Apples Appstore :p

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Because you can damage things when you have root access...

And what's more, it breaks the whole Android security model. Now every app has to have certain permissions that have to be granted by the user on install. With root one gives a app all permissions that can be thought of. :) Plus, one gives a root app permissions that a normal app can't get, like for example reading and writing in the space of another app (and of course reading and writing to the system directory).. So rooting pretty much contradicts the whole Android security model.

ATZ-007

Sep 7, 2009
London
Xiaomi Poco F3
As far as I know, the only Android phone that came pre-rooted was the Nexus One.

If I am not wrong, first ever android phone T-Mobile G1 with Android 1.0 was the first and only phone that came with root.
Soon after it was released, they realised an OTA update that blocked ROOT access.

Anyway just got my HTC Desire HD... charging it now... back in the days, new phones had to be charged for 12-24 houses, does the same apply for new phones?

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
If I am not wrong, first ever android phone T-Mobile G1 with Android 1.0 was the first and only phone that came with root.
Soon after it was released, they realised an OTA update that blocked ROOT access.

Anyway just got my HTC Desire HD... charging it now... back in the days, new phones had to be charged for 12-24 houses, does the same apply for new phones?

I never do a full charge these days and I have never experienced any bad consequenses because of this.

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
Can anyone please supply the apk?

I've just hard reset, the Market seems broken so Titanium Backup is my best option. Of course, I can't do that until I have root... so I need to manual install VISIONary :-/

Anyone help please?

SupremeBeaver

Jun 10, 2010
Nicosia
what problems are you having with the market? i've heard that google's having some issues on their side, so it might not be your phone.

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
Loads of apps either just sit there 'Download starting' or they return 'Download unsuccessful'. What worries me though, when I turn WiFi off, it shows I have H or 3G, the arrows flash, but it wont even load a web page...

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
The Market will block my data connection?

If I can get VISIONary as an apk I can use that, I have Titanium Backup as an apk, so even without a connection, I could get everything back up and running if needed.

Can I just go into the file system and pull it out?

Kelthizar

Mar 9, 2010
The Market will block my data connection?

If I can get VISIONary as an apk I can use that, I have Titanium Backup as an apk, so even without a connection, I could get everything back up and running if needed.

Can I just go into the file system and pull it out?

No I meant just the downloads not working properly. AFAIK adb is not working, so u cant pull anything out of ur ROM yet.

U just have to try the download in the Market a lot, after a while it will work.

xymic

Aug 7, 2010
Got it, downloading it, installed it, ran it and I didn't get root :( I open the app and it shows "rooting now" screen..goes to black screen for couple sec. and then "rooting now" screen again and the app just closes by itself. It installs superuser permissions, but it force closes everytime I see Log. Using mytouch 2.2.1 btw.

pauli900

Feb 25, 2009
The 1st time I ran VISIONary I downloaded ad free from the market and it worked perfectly. Since rebooting and running VISIONary again I can't get ad free to work, I've even tried downloading hosts again but no luck. Is there something else I have to do to?

Top Liked Posts