Samsung Galaxy 551 / GT i5510 rooting

Search This thread

apronouva

Dec 30, 2010
Seraphim
Greetings,

I'm new to the android world, my device is Samsung Galaxy 551 or GT-I5510. As I searched through the internet, uncle G! and aunt Y!, even brother B!.. the only way to save internal space is to move apps to SD card. But the way it works is limited, not until the phone is rooted.

It would be nice if someone kind enough to point me on how to root this device or maybe a documentations / links / tutorials.

Here's what I've tried with vain (I wonder if I did something wrong in the proccess) :

- "how to install apps to the sdcard on froyo" : tutorial from Androinica
- z4root apps
- universal androot

Spec of this device :
h__p://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8540/tese.jpg

All kind of help will be appreciated, and since its my first post (thought I read the rules and do search before posting), please tell me if I did something wrong.

Updates :
Rooting possible using Super One Click
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8540/tese.jpg

Now my Titanium Backup and App2SD works like charms. Please read all instruction carefully, and the process wouldn't be a pain :)

Regards,
apronouva

Last edited by a moderator:

OverTheEdge

Jan 3, 2011
I was able to permanently root my Galaxy 551 using Z4Root 1.3.0.

Is there a way for us to enable Live Wallpapers on this phone?

And also my phone has an IMEI of 15 0's which limits my phone to use other networks other than one... Will changing the ROM fix this?

bratski

Jan 30, 2006
Greetings,

I'm new to the android world, my device is Samsung Galaxy 551 or GT-I5510. As I searched through the internet, uncle G! and aunt Y!, even brother B!.. the only way to save internal space is to move apps to SD card. But the way it works is limited, not until the phone is rooted.

It would be nice if someone kind enough to point me on how to root this device or maybe a documentations / links / tutorials.

Here's what I've tried with vain (I wonder if I did something wrong in the proccess) :

- z4root apps
- universal androot

Spec of this device :

All kind of help will be appreciated, and since its my first post (thought I read the rules and do search before posting), please tell me if I did something wrong.

Updates :
h__p://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Now my Titanium Backup and App2SD works like charms. Please read all instruction carefully, and the process wouldn't be a pain :)

Regards,
apronouva
can you give the step by step instructions on how you did this?

bratski

Jan 30, 2006
i managed to rrot my galaxy 551 using super one click,however, i can't seem to restart in recovery. how do you boot into recover?

joybanerjee81

Jan 27, 2011
Rooting GT i5510

can i use SGS_Eclair_Easy_Rooting for rooting this device ? This can root GT 5800/5801 i saw the vedio on youtube by SagarS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

- z4root apps
    - universal androot

Spec of this device :

Updates :
    http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8540/tese.jpg

Regards,
    apronouva
    Hi guys!

My girlfriend ordered the GT-i5510 today...

I also need root for this device....

greetz
    yes it worked for me as well and i have enabled Live Wallpaper on Galaxy 551 :)
    Please give step by step procedure to enable live wallpaper
    i have step by step method how to enable live wallpapers on Galaxy 551 on my wordpress blog

Video Samsung Galaxy 551 Live Wallpaper

good luck

if you use mobile phone to access my blog, wordpress is better :D
    i tried it but when i press enter after first line it says mount -o not found
    :confused::confused::confused:

using terminal is a little harder, and not all the time working.
    you can connect your phone to computer, activate USB Debugging, start adb shell and copy paste line by line there

!!! your phone must be rooted and you have to give root permission to adb or terminal