Wrong camera activated on lock page

Search This thread

grahamgo

Jan 11, 2013
Running Stock 4.4.3, rooted, plus xposed.

I installed the Nexus 5 camera app from the Play Store sometime ago and was fairly happy with it. But now realize that the Moto G standard camera is better. So I just removed the Nexus 5 icon and replaced it with the Moto G camera. Job done, I thought.

But I have just discovered that the camera icon on the lock screen still activates the Nexus 5 camera.

How do I change the lock screen camera icon to activate the Moto G camera?

Can't seem to find out how. Thanks!

dr34m3r94

Jul 3, 2014
New Delhi
Running Stock 4.4.3, rooted, plus xposed.

I installed the Nexus 5 camera app from the Play Store sometime ago and was fairly happy with it. But now realize that the Moto G standard camera is better. So I just removed the Nexus 5 icon and replaced it with the Moto G camera. Job done, I thought.

But I have just discovered that the camera icon on the lock screen still activates the Nexus 5 camera.

How do I change the lock screen camera icon to activate the Moto G camera?

Can't seem to find out how. Thanks!

Go to Settings>Apps and find the Nexus 5 camera app. Click on it and select the option "Clear defaults". Now lock your phone again and go to the lockscreen camera page (swipe right). If you do everything as mentioned, you will hopefully get a prompt to select which camera to open as default on this page. Select the Moto G camera app and click always and you're good to go.

Cheers!

Edit: If you don't use the Nexus 5 camera at all you should consider uninstalling it either by dragging it from the app drawer to the uninstall option on the homescreen or from Settings>Apps>Nexus 5 camera.apk>Uninstall

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

grahamgo

Jan 11, 2013
Thanks! The first paragraph as you described worked fine. I decided to leave the N5 camera available because it has a timer option which the Moto G doesn't have.