[USER][CM9/ICS][5-28 PATCH NO LONGER NEEDED] CM9 240 dpi with Soft Navigation Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
The patch is no longer necessary. See my edited first post.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

Sudonym

Jan 28, 2012
Thank you for finding and sharing the new code. You hit a home run with this update!

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PATCH NO LONGER NEEDED!

This post used to discuss a patch I made to show the Navigation Keys in Phone GUI mode. I am happy to announce that the patch is no longer needed.

In CM9 the Phone GUI is activated anytime you set the lcd density to anything higher than 160 dpi. With the Nook Color when you go to the Phone GUI the navigation keys are suppressed.

There is a method to activate the Navigation Bar that requires no patches or zip flashes. Just add the two lines below to your local.prop file in /data. I recommend using local.prop instead of build.prop so that it is not necessary to re-edit the file after each flash of a new ROM. If you do not have this file, create an empty txt file and put these two lines in it:

qemu.sf.lcd_density=240
    qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

The first line tells your system to change lcd density to put it in phone gui. You can change the 240 number to any number above 160 and the phone gui will be displayed.

The second line tells your system that your hardware has no physical keys and enables the soft key navigation bar.

Reboot.

If you want to return to 160 dpi and the tablet gui, just delete or comment out the two lines above and reboot.

Also CM has added the ability to customize the navigation bar. Go to settings, system, navigation bar and it will tell you how to do it. You can move the buttons around, add buttons, change how they perform, etc.

5-28-2012 is the last day I will be making patches.

No-moar zips! Yay!

Edit (6-24): Removed last patch. Too many users will still downloading it and it does not work properly with the current nightlies.

Removed screenshots
    I'm also not able to download a complete Rev13. I just get a file with a length of 554. I was able to get Rev12, but it's not working with the latest builds. Thanks for all your help on this!
    The old versions do not work with the latest build, that's why I updated it. I just uploaded it again. Try now.
    Oh, a quick question while I have your attention --is there any way to get the two status layout but with a lower dpi (160)? Or are we stuck choosing between phone and tablet interface if we want more screen space?
    Not sure what you mean by two status layout. Do you mean status at top and navigation on bottom?

160 always gives you the tablet layout with the status bar at the bottom, with the battery and time, etc there. You can use other launchers that allow you to modify such things as icon grid layout, etc, but the full status bar remains at the bottom.

If you set anything above 160 (180, for example), it goes to phone mode with the status bar at the top, and if you use my patch, the navigation bar will be at the bottom. You can change the density to anything above 160 and my patch will work. I just chose 240 because it is what I like and gives the most market compatibility. After applying my patch, just change the value in build.prop in /system (ro.sf.lcd_density=).
    I've played with button savior on the MIUI Gingerbread builds, but I really didn't like it. I couldn't figure out a way to get it to stay open on the bottom in a bar underneath the dock of Espier Launcher HD no matter what I tried.
    Have you tried Virtual Button Bar? It may not do what you want but does stay on the bottom. There is a free trial you can try.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Flashed eyeballer's 20120522 nonopengl from the 20120520 nonopengl and then flashed the CM9 240 r18 patch.

The "previous menu" button (double rectangle) doesn't work anymore.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
    If you look at my edited first post (4/27), you will see that that is now the recent key again. Also now you can customize the bar (5/18). I have mine customized so I don't show the recent key anymore. Just use a long press on home.

(Edit, misread your post, see edited above.)

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk