Forced updated to 8107

Search This thread

Chinese281

Feb 14, 2011
To update you have to be on 7720.68.. Your on 7720.03.. You need to download and install the 7720.68 update

When running the Cab sender it shows version 7720.03 but when looking at "about" tab on my phone it shows 7720.68, the same error occurs "need updated driver". does anyone have a fix for this?

XATAGuy

Jan 31, 2009
Knoxville
What are the changes/improvements?

I'm currently running 7720.68 and having no keyboard issues. Can someone please tell me what the changes/improvements are with the update to 8103? Is there speculation that Apollo will not be available for the Titan?

Thanks,
Dave

beankid

May 21, 2010
The update went smoothly but I am not having issues with battery life. Is anyone else having issues with their battery draining faster once on update 8107?

rgencarn

Oct 4, 2010
Denver, CO
The update went smoothly but I am not having issues with battery life. Is anyone else having issues with their battery draining faster once on update 8107?
No issues with mine. I'm still getting about the same battery life as before the upgrade. I'm unlocked to TMO on my AT&T Titan and one thing I benefitted with this upgrade is that my visual voicemail now works where it didn't on 7720. The only thing left I'm waiting for is 3G/4G service and that's going to come with either a unbranded ROM or data roaming that TMO and AT&T are suppose to do this summer.

alphaacres

I'm currently running 7720.68 and having no keyboard issues. Can someone please tell me what the changes/improvements are with the update to 8103? Is there speculation that Apollo will not be available for the Titan?

Thanks,
Dave

Update 7.10.8107.79
On-screen keyboard. Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.

Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.

Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.

Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.

Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.

Update 7.10.7740.16
Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.

Last edited:

XATAGuy

Jan 31, 2009
Knoxville
Thanks a million alphaacres!

I thought I was going to get away without any of this applying to me, but the cave people at my company IT department do use a Microsoft Exchange 2003 server, and I am familiar with this anomaly. I guess I will go ahead and do the upgrade when I get back to the States.

I am frustrated by AT&T's reluctance to keep us supplied with the latest updates!

Thanks again,
Dave

beankid

May 21, 2010
Is there anyway to force visual voicemail with this new forced update to 8107? I see the option under the phone application but it's grayed out.

alphaacres

Is there anyway to force visual voicemail with this new forced update to 8107? I see the option under the phone application but it's grayed out.

There are phone key pad tricks but I do not know if it will give you your answer and if the they screw up the phone you would have to hard reset if you try or find any that work let me know how they work I did try the IME and field test I did not change anything in Field test mode.

(to find it type into your phone keypad)

*#06# IMEI code of your HTC phone.

##3282# field test

Press # # 3282 #> ... > Settings> select 2G or 3G.

Other Secret Codes for HTC (Try them at your own risk)

*#61# And *#62# and *#67# are all related to call forwarding, if u replace *# with ## u will receive a succeeded message.

*#76# and *#77# disables service. Not sure what service.

*#21# disables all forwarding capabilities.

*#30# service enabled.

*#31# and *#33# *#35# service disabled.

*#43# service enabled for voice

*#331# and *#332# and *#351# service disabled

Top Liked Posts