[APP] SPlanner Full Screen Calendar widget Suite

Search This thread

prerunnerseth

Dec 1, 2010
*****************Must have rooted phone for this to work******************
*****************Like any other Samsung TW widget, this does not work with after market launchers*************

This is the Calendar widget apk that includes all the same calendar widgets as seen on other versions of the GN2.

Ok , I seem have solved my issues with the full screen calendar widget I ported over from the Sprint GN2.

The APK is deodexed so I just had to rename the original .odex file to something else.

Instructions.

1. Download the SPlannerAppWidget.apk and copy to your phone.
2. Using root explorer, Mount the System - App folder as R/W
3. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.apk to be SPlannerAppWidget.bak
4. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.odex to be SPlannerAppWidget.oder (If you are already running a deodexed rom, skip this step)
5. Copy the downloaded SPlannerAppWidget.apk to your System - App folder
6. Mount your app folder as R/O
7. Reboot you phone

**********This works fine on my rooted Verizon Galaxy Note II. I am Not responsible if you mess your phone up.

Thanks,

PRS

Thanks to shiftr182 from the Sprint GN2 section for providing me with the APK.

Screenshots_2012-12-04-08-07-59.jpg

Attachments

• SPlannerAppWidget.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 4,532
  • Screenshots_2012-12-04-08-07-59.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 7,046
Last edited:

*Madmoose*

Aug 13, 2011
SPlanner = Samsung Planner. It is designed for and came with touchwiz. Touchwiz is of course Samsungs launcher....change it and you cant use the widgets.

toprunner2786

Feb 28, 2011
I can't seem to get it to work....maybe it was because i used ES File Manager.

Can you confirm what permissions it needs....right now I have User with R and W. Execute is not checked for any user or group. could this be part of my problem?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Never mind...I think I have it figured out now....I was looking for a widget called Planner or S Planner. Is the S Planner widget just listed as "Calendar" in the widget drawer?

This looks to be the right widget, but I am not able to interact with it using my S Pen. The Pen will select days and whatnot, but I am not able to draw on the widget. Is this widget supposed to have this functionality?

Rolfsted

Sep 28, 2011
Illinois
I don't seem to have the splannerwidget.odex file. Is there a download for it?

Splannerappwidget.

Found it online....now to figure it out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added 10th December 2012 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th December 2012 at 11:14 PM ----------

Wow.....I did it!

I hope you guys realize that I'm 58 years old, high school only, siding and Window installer and techno geek. Doing this stuff just blows my mind.....and relaxes me from the daily grind.

Thank you for the instructions.

Last edited:

Izord

Jan 8, 2010
I have the same issue. I'm on beanstown build 1 with Nova Prime.

The link in the OP seems to be a flashable zip file, not an .apk.

Do I just flash this and it does all the work?

Well I tried to flash it and it failed.

Where is the .apk?

Renamed the .zip file to .apk and it worked.

Didn't have to do anything about .odex on Beans 2

Last edited:

Harlemknight!

Dec 16, 2012
Mods Please move this accordingly if its not in the right place.

*****************Like any other Samsung TW widget, this does not work with after market launchers*************

This is the Calendar widget apk that includes all the same calendar widgets as seen on other versions of the GN2.

Ok , I seem have solved my issues with the full screen calendar widget I ported over from the Sprint GN2.

The APK is deodexed so I just had to rename the original .odex file to something else.

Instructions.

4. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.odex to be SPlannerAppWidget.oder
7. Reboot you phone

**********This works fine on my rooted Verizon Galaxy Note II. I am Not responsible if you mess your phone up.

Thanks,

PRS

I have followed these steps exactly several times and it has not worked for me. Please help me, what am I doing wrong? I really need this.

Reactions: izman12

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
I can't get this to work either, seems like whenever I try to copy to /system/app that the file corrupts.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Ok got it working, you have to set the permissions to 644 or re for user, and read for all others.

Harlemknight!

Dec 16, 2012
I can't get this to work either, seems like whenever I try to copy to /system/app that the file corrupts.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Ok got it working, you have to set the permissions to 644 or re for user, and read for all others.

Yeah, I found that out as well. It works now. Adding the fact that the permissions need to be changed to the instructions could have saved me a headache.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions.

4. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.odex to be SPlannerAppWidget.oder (If you are already running a deodexed rom, skip this step)
    7. Reboot you phone

Thanks,

PRS

I don't seem to have the splannerwidget.odex file. Is there a download for it?

Splannerappwidget.

Found it online....now to figure it out.

---------- Post added 10th December 2012 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th December 2012 at 11:14 PM ----------

Wow.....I did it!

I hope you guys realize that I'm 58 years old, high school only, siding and Window installer and techno geek. Doing this stuff just blows my mind.....and relaxes me from the daily grind.

Thank you for the instructions.

I could not get this to work for the life of me and then I realised why, it only works with the TW Launcher and I'm using Apex.........
    Mods Please move this accordingly if its not in the right place.

Instructions.

4. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.odex to be SPlannerAppWidget.oder
    7. Reboot you phone

Thanks,

PRS

I have followed these steps exactly several times and it has not worked for me. Please help me, what am I doing wrong? I really need this.