Whos picking up a Slide today?

Search This thread

chrisinaz

Sep 2, 2009
I honestly think I'm looking forward to root just so I can remove some of the crap that came preloaded on this phone. It's ridiculous how much junk was included with it that I'll never use. You can tell Tmo had a heavy influence on this one.

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
Um, so is the option been removed for the auto period inserting feature? On the G1, hitting the Space bar twice automatically inserted a period... I REALLY liked that feature...

marty22877

May 28, 2009
i went to get mine today at walmart for $148, found out i'm 2 months before my 22nd month which gives me a full upgrade, so i went into the t-mobile store to see what they could do, they told me they could sell me the phone for $247 with a 2 year extension, so i asked the woman if i wait 2 months after being with t-mobile for 10 years i'll get $100 knocked off my phone, she said yup and there's nothing i can do about it. so i called 611 and the woman there told me the same thing. a bunch of BS if you ask me. a 10 year customer has to wait 2 months to save $100, almost made me want to switch to verizion..,..

gerelee

Apr 29, 2009
sorry, don't know if there IS an option as it just works on mine.....very strange that it doesn't work on yours and i'm sure you don't want to reset just to see if it 'cures' the problem.

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
What the hell... I decided to send my buddy a text message as he is ordering the phone, and I was specifically *****ing about how it won't auto period, and sure as ****, it is doing it now... very weird.

gerelee

Apr 29, 2009
lol, look, it's borked.....oh ****, at least it was a minute ago ;)

that's ok, i've already had to reset mine as the 'my device' and 'my account' apps weren't working right...if i clicked on 'my device' the my account app would open....damned bloatware crap!

gerelee

Apr 29, 2009
i was considering getting the HTC Legend as it's only $90 more for an unlocked one here in the city......but then it has NO usable 3G bands in the US, which doesn't matter all that much since i'm moving to an area that doesn't have Tmo 3g...but at least it wouldn't have all that tmo crap pre-installed and it's a really nice looking phone.....the slide is ok looking though a bit on the cheap side...very plasticky.

chrisinaz

Sep 2, 2009
For what it's worth, it doesn't feel like a cheap phone at all. Feels more solid than my g1 or cliq ever did.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
For what it's worth, it doesn't feel like a cheap phone at all. Feels more solid than my g1 or cliq ever did.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

I completely agree with this. It does look cheap and plastic like, but is a pretty solid phone. If we could just get rid of the TMobile junk, I'd like it even more.

gerelee

Apr 29, 2009
it does feel solid until you open it......compare it to the slide on a tp2 ...not even close...same company, carrier and the price difference between the two isn't all that great.
it's amazing how HTC can come up with sooooo many different keyboards but they are vastly different from phone to phone.....this keyboard is ok but it's very odd in some respects....why are the keys slanted? strange choice of monotone letter coloring.....i DO like the keyboard...just wondering out loud ;)

fermunky

Jun 11, 2007
Tampa, FL
So, it's a bit strange, but auto period only works when input method is Touch... this affects the hardware keyboard functioning of auto period as well.

zippa71385

Mar 3, 2010
Eastcoast
i went to get mine today at walmart for $148, found out i'm 2 months before my 22nd month which gives me a full upgrade, so i went into the t-mobile store to see what they could do, they told me they could sell me the phone for $247 with a 2 year extension, so i asked the woman if i wait 2 months after being with t-mobile for 10 years i'll get $100 knocked off my phone, she said yup and there's nothing i can do about it. so i called 611 and the woman there told me the same thing. a bunch of BS if you ask me. a 10 year customer has to wait 2 months to save $100, almost made me want to switch to verizion..,..

psst... all carriers will do that... T-mo has an upper hand by saving you at least $20 a month I bet... but remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease!