Dusting off iPhone-Developers.com

Search This thread

davidwillson

Oct 14, 2010
I'm just wondering if you are going to bride the two sites together, so that registered on one is registered on the other etc.

I doubt it...he said they will be completely separate, including separate servers etc...

I'm not an iphone person at all, but sounds like it will be very successful, with the xda name behind it!

alex16021977

Nov 5, 2007
I look forward to it. That would be great to have a more centralised place for iphone mods, especially for iOS system and more engaging mods.

I wish it does not become a wallpaper/theming plagged forum

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
The first post says that the beta version may be available in Sept :(

Waiting... :D

MacaronyMax

Aug 27, 2008
Oxford
Might want to update first post :)

iphone-developers beta has been opened today :D And it's great, your XDA names have been reserved so you can link your acounts (almost) :D

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Might want to update first post :)

iphone-developers beta has been opened today :D And it's great, your XDA names have been reserved so you can link your acounts (almost) :D

Yup.. its up... :)

but feeling uneasy to see.. that i only am a Junior member ther... LOL

sumedh_vsk

Aug 3, 2009
excellent.... just registered on ipd...dont have an iphone yet, but might get it soon..:):).
hd7 is on the list too...:D:D

am sure ipd will turn out to be another xda..good luck:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Recently we've been the target (via PM and email) of a coordinated effort by some users to get XDA to add an iPhone forum. This intensified a bit recently with the "jailbreaking is legal" news that came out a few weeks ago. We also recently “lost” a behind-the-scenes guy at XDA to the iPhone (someone who had donated countless hours to helping with site development and bug fixes).

Despite his pleading, some of the mods and I decided earlier this month that xda-developers is NOT the place for detailed iPhone discussion. There's just too much going on here. XDA is still digesting the move to add non-HTC WinMo/Android devices. And the site is just too darn big already!

With all that said: many of you know that we also own the iPhone-Developers.com domain. It was purchased years ago—mostly as a joke. Now, with the maturation of the iPhone community (in particular, the independent developer and jailbreak community) we are going to dust it off and launch an XDA sister site. The goal is to try to replicate the XDA feel while keeping XDA itself free of iPhone-related clutter. We see it as a win/win for everyone (iPhone lovers and haters alike). The aim of the site is to demystify jailbreaking and to make iPhone development more mainstream. Millions of people have benefited from the development work that has taken place at XDA over the last decade, and we want to bring these same benefits to iPhone owners.

If you are excited by this move, please keep your expectations in check: The site will be totally separate from XDA (separate mods, servers, everything) and will probably be somewhat "Wild West" to start out (like XDA in the early years). We have assigned a new admin—the former XDA tech volunteer referenced above. His user name is Arbre, and he also is doing all the tech development for the site. He hopes to have it launched (at least in beta form) in September.

We are looking for a few people to help get things started in the new forums. If you’ve got any jailbreak/development experience on the iPhone and want to help out just PM Arbre and he’ll get in touch with you when we’re closer to a beta launch.
    What do you mean? Of course there is... The limit is the developers imagination... :)

thats really true^.^