[i930x][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
PhilZ Touch 4.00-b04

Download:
- odin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3g6ke58rsvs3j8y/philz_touch_4.00-b04-i9300.tar.md5
- cwm: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6z7wwrd20pd9ln/philz_touch_4.00-b04-i9300.zip

This version wouldn't have been pushed as I did not plan any updates of the binary before 4.00 Final. But since we needed a repack with XXELLA kernel and the code was ready for these changes, I pushed it.

New in v4.00-b04 Recovery (CWM 6.0.2.7 based)
- Repack with XXELLA kernel supposed to be SDS safe
- Fix romname added to nandroid backups: now build.prop will be parsed instead of reading system properties
- Custom rom.zip scripts completely revised to show progress and handle errors (beta and will be completely revised in Final build)

Last edited:

Droidphilev

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
It's not Hex. Hexidecimal is 16 characters. 0 through 9 followed by A through F. Hex = 6 (A-F) and Decimal =10 (0-9)

So as this is off topic, please lets agree to disagree. Its 15 character Hexidecimal that can go up to Z if there are more than 15 revisions within any one month (eg, September's revision 18, XXDLIH)

Sorry Phil, carry on.

Sry for the off topic as well and I confess you're right, forgot about the builds going further than F, it is indeed not hex, sry.

But still, hex isn't a-f as you state yourself it's 0-f where 0 at hexadecimal (base 16) is still equal to 0 at decimal (base 10) (check this: http://www.december.com/html/spec/dechex.html)
and 0-9 must not be decimal, when you don't know which base is used (if just 0-7 would be provided it could also even be octal).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Sry for the off topic as well and I confess you're right, forgot about the builds going further than F, it is indeed not hex, sry.

But still, hex isn't a-f as you state yourself it's 0-f where 0 at hexadecimal (base 16) is still equal to 0 at decimal (base 10) (check this: http://www.december.com/html/spec/dechex.html)
and 0-9 must not be decimal, when you don't know which base is used (if just 0-7 would be provided it could also even be octal).

Ok :)

Reactions: sarbe

skodaslx

Oct 11, 2010
I flashed v4 with mobil odin, but in recovery it still says v3.
Anything wrong?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

abelle_abelle

Sep 28, 2012
PhilZ Touch 4.00-b04

Download:
- odin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3g6ke58rsvs3j8y/philz_touch_4.00-b04-i9300.tar.md5
- cwm: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6z7wwrd20pd9ln/philz_touch_4.00-b04-i9300.zip

This version wouldn't have been pushed as I did not plan any updates of the binary before 4.00 Final. But since we needed a repack with XXELLA kernel and the code was ready for these changes, I pushed it.

no custom nandroid feature :(

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
no custom nandroid feature :(

As I wrote, that version would have never been released. It is an internal test version. Since I had to update recovery kernel, I decided to push the changes I did till now since they are stable, mainly the fix for nandroid folder name which was buggy in previous version

All other features are work in progress and will be in 4.00 Final. Be patient, it takes time to write some code after the real life day...

yhrn

Mar 25, 2011
Stockholm
Hi,
My SGSIII died a couple of days ago but I've gotten hold of another (fully stock but used) I can use while I wait for mine to be repaired. Trying to flash 4.00-b4 using Odin and everything seems to work (Odin says success) but then when I boot into recovery it's still on stock. I've tried three times, two with Odin3 3.04 and one with 1.85. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Hi Phil, just based on a quick convo in the sds thread, it's been a while since I compiled recovery.... cwm and philz is compiled from the update 7 kernel source?

Just because I don't think samsung have released the recovery with the fix yet. Something I read anyway

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Hi Phil,

I have a couple of questions before I flash this Recovery.

I'm a little confused as to whether it will replace my kernel flashing this? Is this just a custom recovery or a kernel and recovery?

Thanks Phil, I loved your Recovery on my S2 and can't wait to try it out on my i9305!

Cheers mate

Last edited:

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Hi,
My SGSIII died a couple of days ago but I've gotten hold of another (fully stock but used) I can use while I wait for mine to be repaired. Trying to flash 4.00-b4 using Odin and everything seems to work (Odin says success) but then when I boot into recovery it's still on stock. I've tried three times, two with Odin3 3.04 and one with 1.85. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

You surely doing something wrong here, are you sure odin says PASSED once done?

Hi Phil, just based on a quick convo in the sds thread, it's been a while since I compiled recovery.... cwm and philz is compiled from the update 7 kernel source?

Just because I don't think samsung have released the recovery with the fix yet. Something I read anyway

Well, cwm is compiled from cm10 sources. I did not switch to cm10.1, as for a recovery, I feel more comfortable with cm10 source since I know it well now and it is long proven to be stable for a recovery (playing safe here). It actually compiles and runs very well under cm10.1, but will be waiting

Now, just like a boot.img, recovery.img is repacked with a kernel and a ramdisk. The recovery binary is in ramdisk. The kernel, I do not touch, it is complete stock XXELLA. I only change the needed binaries in ramdisk to run cwm instead of stock recovery binary. Also I make some edits for additional features.

Hope it is clear

Reactions: yhrn and DonHuan

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Hi Phil,

I have a couple of questions before I flash this Recovery.

I'm a little confused as to whether it will replace my kernel flashing this? Is this just a custom recovery or a kernel and recovery?

Thanks Phil, I loved your Recovery on my S2 and can't wait to try it out on my i9305!

Cheers mate

Have I ever said it is SDS safe? It is even written in bold red:
- Repack with XXELLA kernel supposed to be SDS safe
- Fix romname added to nandroid backups: now build.prop will be parsed instead of reading system properties
- Custom rom.zip scripts completely revised to show progress and handle errors (beta and will be completely revised in Final build)

And no, unlike S2, this phone has a dedicated recovery partition. This is only the recovery, your kernel will stay (for now ;) )

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
Hi,

Don't tick reboot in Odin, shut the device down after the flashing process and boot directly to recovery. Stock roms force install the stock recovery at boot, it has to be disabled at cwm (after you have been at cwm and press reboot to system it should ask if you like to disable it).

Reactions: yhrn and xanthrax

granets

Oct 14, 2011
Vratsa
just one small, tiny cosmetic bug - when you boot into recovery it says PhilZ Touch 3 (should be 4 I think). also something else I just thought of - fixing permissions takes way too long IMHO.

beardymarrow

Oct 23, 2011
PhilZ Touch 4.00-b04

Download:

Thanks Phil,
ROM name working perfectly on Omega v36 "2013-01-09.20.00.21_Omega_v36_-_XXELLA~Alexandader_th" and latest CM 10.1 nightly "2013-01-09.19.47.48_10.1-20130109-NIGHTLY-i9300".

Makes my ROM flashing addiction much more easy to keep track of :)

Cheers

Beardy

Top Liked Posts