Charging rate, 4.4.3 vs 4.4.4

Search This thread

tsiros

Jan 13, 2006
Has anyone noticed that charging is slower with 4.4.4 ?

Has anyone figured a way to peek into the rom to find out where the charging rate is set?

cameljockey1

Aug 4, 2011
Arlington
You didn't want to root did you?

If you do then doomkernel (and the pimped port for cm/aosp based ROMs) has fastcharge if you want to risk burning out a usb port or the charger ;)

I wanted to flash candy rom AOSP but i have relocked my bl. I am rooted on 108 at the moment. Can i flash candy rom and then flash dual recovery from nut and be fine? or do i need to unlock bl first.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Has anyone noticed that charging is slower with 4.4.4 ?

Has anyone figured a way to peek into the rom to find out where the charging rate is set?

My charging is fine. Still the same.

maxld

Mar 21, 2009
Łódź
I wanted to flash candy rom AOSP but i have relocked my bl. I am rooted on 108 at the moment. Can i flash candy rom and then flash dual recovery from nut and be fine? or do i need to unlock bl first.

As far as I am concerned flashing Candy ROM needs changing kernel, and you won't be able to do this without an unlocked bootloader.

Reactions: cameljockey1

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
i have the same curious question too. Last night i was charging via dock. And boy that was slow! In 4.4.2 it was way faster with the DK30. Don't know why, need more charging cycle to conclude.

DIGITALIZOR

Jul 6, 2014
Belgium - Namur
.108 rooted/locked_bl feels slower than non-rooted

I noticed that the charge to reach the green led needs much more time than when it wasn't rooted and not unlocked and locked back.

tsiros

Jan 13, 2006
I did a couple measurements by downgrading to 4.4.3

i kept the phone cool with a fan

I didn't see significant difference in charge rates... something like 10% difference, unimportant

speculatrix

Mar 7, 2006
Cambridge
When I had a Galaxy Note 2, there was an app which read the charging current from somewhere in /proc, so you could see which chargers were more effective.

Is there an app or a way through adb shell to find the current charging current?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As far as I am concerned flashing Candy ROM needs changing kernel, and you won't be able to do this without an unlocked bootloader.