Search This thread

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
In order to cut down on the confusion I created a new thread for the latest update. Version 4.24.651.1 can be found here.

Stock 4.22.651.2 ROM, rooted and ready for your flashing pleasures. This is a completely stock ROM that has had nothing done to it outside of rooting, zip aligning and de-odexing. As always, create a nandroid before flashing.

Notes:
-The Firmware (Radio, WiMAX and PRI) can be flashed by renaming the file to PC36IMG, placing it in the base folder of your sd card and then turning the phone on while holding volume down.
-Odexed means faster first boot and smaller memory footprint but is not themable, de-odexed means a long first boot and slightly larger memory footprint but can be themed.

Stock Update
Stock ROM with SU Fix - No Wipe Needed If Coming From A Stock Sense ROM:

4.22.651.2 Rooted & Odexed - updated 06/05/11
4.22.651.2 Rooted & De-Odexed - updated 06/05/11

Firmware:
Must be flashed through hBoot/Fastboot! Not Recovery.
PC36IMG - Radio, WiMAX and PRI Updates (MD5: 2E5C63EA59891A69F6D55C257CF165D5)

Extras
Standalone Kernel Zips:
Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) w/ Wireless N Enabled - Thanks Chuckhriczko for the post on fixing wireless N
Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) - Thanks Aamikam

Mods & Fixes:
Flashable Super User Fix - Thanks to DrMacinyasha and ChainsDD
4.22.651.2 Wipe - Can be used when flashing between some ROMs so data does not need wiped
Unlocked WiFI Hotspot - Thanks to noimjosh
1% Battery Icons and Clear Notification Background - Thanks Martijua
Remove USB Debugging Notification - Thanks Martijua

Thanks To:
zone23 for uploading the OTA update
Mirrors are thanks to bjaxon
Aamikam for the kernel zip
Chuckhriczko for info about Wireless N
Noimjosh for wireless hotspot fix
Martijua for the Battery % and USB Debugging mods

Attachments

• snap20110417_014854.jpg
    snap20110417_014854.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 17,619
  • GBCameraFix.zip
    156.7 KB · Views: 3,631
Last edited:

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Everything below is from the previously leaked test ROM, not the update that just came out.

These are flashable copies of the rooted stock 4.12.651.1 ROM for the Evo. The only things that have been changed from the leak is the boot.img has been unlocked and SU & busybox have been added. You can find the partition folders these were made from in the original thread here.

Screen filter from the market can be used to adjust brightness for those with novatek panels. (Thank you to whoever posted about that first, sorry but I didn't catch who that was)

If you are already using a Sense ROM you should be ok wiping the dalvik-cache and flashing over top of it. Otherwise you will need to wipe your Data partition.

ROM only without the Radio

Stock 4.12.651.1 odexed (MD5 19752F454802D44EAAF22C0276E95F67)
Stock 4.12.651.1 de-odexed (MD5 EB1301A4E34EC48C7526C3ED1D221867)

Standalone Radio PC36IMG (must be flashed through the hBoot/fastboot)
Evo Radio Version 2.15.00.04.08 (MD5 1ECE6F6BC355AFB721BA7264F82DD1E7)
As always, flash with caution and remember that you are the only one responsible for what you do to your phone.

Camera Fix for 720p Video FC

GBCameraFix.zip, mirrors

Thanks go to
HTC for the ROM
Sniper911 for posting the ROM
wdfowty for the original thread

Last edited:

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
Sorry to nag because I always appreciate having multiple ROMs ;) but Im just curious if there are any differences between this and Tmartins build?

brol1k

Sep 27, 2007
NYC
Thanks for this, would you please post the radio seperately also?

Tapatalk'd on the Evo

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
OK so flashing these zips isn't going to update my radio or anything like that RIGHT? It'll be just like flashing any other rom on here, correct?

EliWay

May 19, 2006
Boston, MA
Brightness fix

The kernel in this leaked version is unfinished, there's no code for the brightness change for Notatek LCD screens. Brightness Is Only working for people with Epson LCD screens.

For those of us with Notatek screens, just replace the stock kernel with the stock HTC #15 from the latest stable update:

HTC kernel #15

Problem solved. Brightness now works.

Please add to OP! :D

Update: Make sure you wipe cache and dalvik cache after you flash that kernel, otherwise you will likely get a bootloop or black screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazda

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
The kernel in this leaked version is unfinished, there's no code for the brightness change for Notatek LCD screens. Brightness Is Only working for people with Epson LCD screens.

For those of us with Notatek screens, just replace the stock kernel with the stock HTC #15 from the latest stable update:

HTC kernel #15

Problem solved. Brightness now works.

Please add to OP! :D

Does everything else work normally? I've been hesitant to use it because it is a froyo kernel and the rom is GB

ohh yeah, links are up too :)

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area
Does everything else work normally? I've been hesitant to use it because it is a froyo kernel and the rom is GB

ohh yeah, links are up too :)

That #15 kernel doesn't work for me, it just boots to a black screen. The same result has been posted by several other nova evos, in other threads. Also Netarchy's kernel's are reported to work, but I get the same results (black screen, battery pull)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In order to cut down on the confusion I created a new thread for the latest update. Version 4.24.651.1 can be found here.

Stock 4.22.651.2 ROM, rooted and ready for your flashing pleasures. This is a completely stock ROM that has had nothing done to it outside of rooting, zip aligning and de-odexing. As always, create a nandroid before flashing.

Notes:
    -The Firmware (Radio, WiMAX and PRI) can be flashed by renaming the file to PC36IMG, placing it in the base folder of your sd card and then turning the phone on while holding volume down.
    -Odexed means faster first boot and smaller memory footprint but is not themable, de-odexed means a long first boot and slightly larger memory footprint but can be themed.

Stock Update
    Stock ROM with SU Fix - No Wipe Needed If Coming From A Stock Sense ROM:

4.22.651.2 Rooted & Odexed - updated 06/05/11
    4.22.651.2 Rooted & De-Odexed - updated 06/05/11

Firmware:
    Must be flashed through hBoot/Fastboot! Not Recovery.
    PC36IMG - Radio, WiMAX and PRI Updates (MD5: 2E5C63EA59891A69F6D55C257CF165D5)

Extras
    Standalone Kernel Zips:
    Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) w/ Wireless N Enabled - Thanks Chuckhriczko for the post on fixing wireless N
    Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) - Thanks Aamikam

Mods & Fixes:
    Flashable Super User Fix - Thanks to DrMacinyasha and ChainsDD
    4.22.651.2 Wipe - Can be used when flashing between some ROMs so data does not need wiped
    Unlocked WiFI Hotspot - Thanks to noimjosh
    1% Battery Icons and Clear Notification Background - Thanks Martijua
    Remove USB Debugging Notification - Thanks Martijua

Thanks To:
    zone23 for uploading the OTA update
    Mirrors are thanks to bjaxon
    Aamikam for the kernel zip
    Chuckhriczko for info about Wireless N
    Noimjosh for wireless hotspot fix
    Martijua for the Battery % and USB Debugging mods
    Everything below is from the previously leaked test ROM, not the update that just came out.

These are flashable copies of the rooted stock 4.12.651.1 ROM for the Evo. The only things that have been changed from the leak is the boot.img has been unlocked and SU & busybox have been added. You can find the partition folders these were made from in the original thread here.

Screen filter from the market can be used to adjust brightness for those with novatek panels. (Thank you to whoever posted about that first, sorry but I didn't catch who that was)

If you are already using a Sense ROM you should be ok wiping the dalvik-cache and flashing over top of it. Otherwise you will need to wipe your Data partition.

ROM only without the Radio

Stock 4.12.651.1 odexed (MD5 19752F454802D44EAAF22C0276E95F67)
    Stock 4.12.651.1 de-odexed (MD5 EB1301A4E34EC48C7526C3ED1D221867)

Standalone Radio PC36IMG (must be flashed through the hBoot/fastboot)
    Evo Radio Version 2.15.00.04.08 (MD5 1ECE6F6BC355AFB721BA7264F82DD1E7)
    As always, flash with caution and remember that you are the only one responsible for what you do to your phone.

Camera Fix for 720p Video FC

GBCameraFix.zip, mirrors

Thanks go to
    HTC for the ROM
    Sniper911 for posting the ROM
    wdfowty for the original thread
    here is a working zip with the kernel.... it dont have the ramdisk... its the lib files and the zimage... so it wont mess with your current rom boot sequence.

i posted it HERE

yes... wifi/4g works... have fun.

or... just Download it.
    Ok,I figured why I had error in apk tool when added battery %.Problem was in my icons.I had to use a layer based on original icon.
    Here is a 1% and 33 battery charging (animation) icons ported from win mo Tsowen taskbar.
    I also added anim.xmls from CM ROM (when you tap on world clock or back hardware key or dialer) it will make kinda zoom in&out effect similar to Launcher Pro
    I hate porting icons lol

Added my fave options panel.It will draw apps menu ("menu" hardware key) from center buttom to the sides and up
    Attached flashable zip.
    Thanks to Myn and Riptide :)
    My work around for getting into recovery was to install Rom manager, it has no other use to me with anon ra recovery, but it does let me get there without battery pulls or any other gayness.

Menu>settings>applications. Then disable the fastboot option. Then you can power off and get to recovery as normal. When fastboot is enabled, the phone doesn't really shut off. That's why you can't get to recovery without a battery pull.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App