[UPDATE ZIP] Stock 1.2 update.zip flashable from CWM

Search This thread

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
alright, although I dont think that that would prevent the app from showing at all. Anyone know what base the new kernel is? Funny thing, when I was digging through the build.prop I found this funny line of code:

#Disable some feature depending on the board capabilities
ro.disable.bluetooth=0
ro.disable.camera=1
ro.disable.hdmi=1

Native Bluetooth support?

mutant13

Dec 27, 2010
RALEIGH
alright, although I dont think that that would prevent the app from showing at all. Anyone know what base the new kernel is? Funny thing, when I was digging through the build.prop I found this funny line of code:

#Disable some feature depending on the board capabilities
ro.disable.bluetooth=0
ro.disable.camera=1
ro.disable.hdmi=1

Native Bluetooth support?
kernel 2.6.32.9

Reactions: RileyGrant

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle

Well in that case it looks like the new update may have bluetooth, just not activated. But the updated kernel should be good for cm and nookie froyo as well.

edit: from previous googleapps installers it looks like I need a modded framework.jar. If Decadence or anyone else could help me with this would be forever grateful.

Last edited:

nemith

Jun 20, 2010
Hey nemith, would it be okay if I used this as a base for a rooted version? Give you full credit of course, just dont feel like going through the hassle of the updater script and what not.

I don't take credit. I just opened up B&N's update and edited the top like to include 'encore' for the checks :) So go nuts.

nemith

Jun 20, 2010
Any way you could make something would allow you to flash 1.2 onto a secondary parttion for those of us who are dual booters?

Heck no. I am completely against people hacking up their partitions to dual boot. So many problems, so many people doing stuff they don't understand to their nooks.

For dual booting someone should really just create a hacked up ramdisk that mounts ext2/ext3 images from /media. This re-partitioning **** is just dangerous. Running images from /media should be easy enough too. A lot easier than repartitioning.

Reactions: gsutton

ADude

Mar 5, 2011
Well in that case it looks like the new update may have bluetooth, just not activated. But the updated kernel should be good for cm and nookie froyo as well.

edit: from previous googleapps installers it looks like I need a modded framework.jar. If Decadence or anyone else could help me with this would be forever grateful.

Frankly, you are in the wrong thread.

You need to start a "NOOKcolor Stock Froyo Rooting Development Thread".

The things you are doing, are obviously good, but you are going to confuse people who are looking to get their Nook back to stock using the files in the first post.

(When you asked Nemith to use it as a base, I assumed you meant his files, not his thread-for-newbie-types.)

randroid123

Sep 13, 2010
back on the subject... trying to get back to my CM7 nandroid but cant remember how to boot into recovery from stock :-/ Is it hold the nook button with power or the volume up???

Jan 9, 2011
I'd like to modify this so it just installs to my dual boot partition.

I've done this before with flashing kernels, but there are more partitions here to take care of.

I figure if I'm going to change the updater script to mount the correct block partitions then I should also have it wipe /data and /cache on the secondary partition.

Any ideas on syntax?

sassafras

Any progress on this? I want it to install on my dual boot partition too. i already have stock eclair on it, and it'd be so nice to just flash a zip to update it.

elessarelfstar

Aug 29, 2008
Chicago
I used the zip to restore back to 1.2 stock, but before I did that I did this:

1. Used root explorer to copy a bunch of apks I used very frequently to my sd card (including launcherpro)
2. Dropped those apks into the system/app of the 1.2 update zip
3. Installed the zip
4. booted and went through setup, choose default launcher until everything settled
5. pressed home and selected launcherpro as my default

Now I'm running unrooted 1.2 with launcherpro, kindle, words with friends, ReadItLater, SpringPad, Due Today, and Advanced Task Manager (No, I don't use it regularly at all -- just for very specific cases).

I did try Audible and Opera Mini, but both of them crashed back to the Launcher when starting.

This worked for me for the time being. YMMV.

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
Frankly, you are in the wrong thread.

You need to start a "NOOKcolor Stock Froyo Rooting Development Thread".

The things you are doing, are obviously good, but you are going to confuse people who are looking to get their Nook back to stock using the files in the first post.

(When you asked Nemith to use it as a base, I assumed you meant his files, not his thread-for-newbie-types.)
My bad. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I used the zip to restore back to 1.2 stock, but before I did that I did this:

1. Used root explorer to copy a bunch of apks I used very frequently to my sd card (including launcherpro)
2. Dropped those apks into the system/app of the 1.2 update zip
3. Installed the zip
4. booted and went through setup, choose default launcher until everything settled
5. pressed home and selected launcherpro as my default

Now I'm running unrooted 1.2 with launcherpro, kindle, words with friends, ReadItLater, SpringPad, Due Today, and Advanced Task Manager (No, I don't use it regularly at all -- just for very specific cases).

I did try Audible and Opera Mini, but both of them crashed back to the Launcher when starting.

This worked for me for the time being. YMMV.

could you explain how you unzipped and rezipped the file with the added apk?
Also am a mac user can i do that on the mac?

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
could you explain how you unzipped and rezipped the file with the added apk?
Also am a mac user can i do that on the mac?

Go into system/app or data/app and copy the apps you use frequently from your current setup using root explorer. Download one of the ROMs in the beginning of this thread, open it up with winrar or archive manager if your on ubuntu (you should really try it, nothing beats ubuntu) place the apks into /system/app (or if your tricky /data/app and update the updater script, actually it might be /media on the nook, not sure.) install the zip from clockwork and boot up. Make sure you have an alternate launcher however, seeing as the apps you add in wont appear in your extras drawer on the stock launcher.

Reactions: hassler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I modified the official 1.2 update to allow CWM to flash them. You can use these to upgrade to 1.2 or to return to stock.

There are two files. One replaces CWM with the stock recovery (good for going back to stock). The other doesn't replace CWM (but will replace uboot).

Other than that they are identical to the update from B&N.

Please note neither one of these are rooted yet.
    uploading to depositfiles now... will provide link when I have it. As a bonus.. I will also upload 3 other versions:
    nookcolor_1_4_1_signed.zip... original B&N update fixed to install from CWM as previously mentioned in thread.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-OC.zip... same as the stock image with Dal's OC kernel and wifi fix.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip... stock file... but will have CWM installed as alternate boot and the Cyanogen u-boot.bin and boot screen so you can either use the boot menu or the vol +/- method to boot into CWM.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm-OC.zip... same as above but with Dal's 090111 overclocking kernel and wifi fix

And if anyone is interested... I will also upload versions above with vold.fstab edits for those running ROM's on verygreen's SD card to access the same SDCARD partition from both stock and SD's ROM.
    uploading to depositfiles now... will provide link when I have it. As a bonus.. I will also upload 3 other versions:
    nookcolor_1_4_1_signed.zip... original B&N update fixed to install from CWM as previously mentioned in thread.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-OC.zip... same as the stock image with Dal's OC kernel and wifi fix.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip... stock file... but will have CWM installed as alternate boot and the Cyanogen u-boot.bin and boot screen so you can either use the boot menu or the vol +/- method to boot into CWM.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm-OC.zip... same as above but with Dal's 090111 overclocking kernel and wifi fix

And if anyone is interested... I will also upload versions above with vold.fstab edits for those running ROM's on verygreen's SD card to access the same SDCARD partition from both stock and SD's ROM.

DizzyDen was nice enough to provide us with way to make our own flashable zips using the download from BN.com but I figured I would mirror these in my premium Dropbox account for faster downloads.

So just to make sure, I could use the one zip to return to full stock but with the 1.2 update? Also will this work if I have CM7 and CWM on my emmc? So reboot into CW, format \system and \data then flash the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip, then Reboot. At that point, I should be 100% 1.2 stock, sound about right?

I thinking about returning to stock and just run CM7 for my SD if this is an options.

Thanks,

Derek.

Assuming you haven't fooked up any paritioning by using the "dual-boot" stuff you can return to 100% stock by doing the folllowing:

1. Download the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip above
    2. Flash the zip with CWM (either from emmc or sdcard)
    3. Use CWM to factory reset the device (wipe /data and /cache)
    4. Reboot into 100% stock froyo :)

If you have modified your partitions this will not work.
    I'm having trouble booting into recovery after flashing the one to keep CWM. the power Button +n button isnt wrking. How did someone who did this successfully manage to do this?

I did as well.
    Seems there are lots of explanations as to how this should work, none of which worked for me.
    What I found works (for me!).
    1. push and hold "n"
    2. while holding down "n" push and hold pwr
    3. keep holding until text appears - don't let go yet!
    4. nook will power off after a few seconds
    5. release power and n
    6. repeat 1-3 immediately
    7. text will stay for around 10 seconds this time, BUT
    8. let go of both keys after 5-6 seconds
    9. You should now boot into recovery.