[APP] GMD SPen Control (root)

Search This thread

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
I'm developer of GMD SPen Control and I just added Note 8 support in my application.

This application allows to created custom S Pen gestures for rooted Galaxy Note devices. It works on all roms.

Play Store: GMD SPen Control

You can test it free in development thread.
XDA development thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34085846

Supported devices: Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 10.1

Application has a lot of built in actions, but probably really unique action is ability to diable finger touch input.
Other actions are previous/next application, LaunchPad, recent applications, Home, Back, music control, screen off, power menu and a lot more. It also allows to start any application or shortcut including Tasker tasks.

Features:
* Custom SPen gestures
* Supported gestures with button pressed and without button press.
* Custom path, hold and tap gestures
* Different actions can be assigned for gestures that start from different starting zone
* A lot of custom actions
* LaunchPad
* Start any application or shortcut including Tasker tasks

Video and sreenshots are a bit outdated but still it give the idea.

2013-02-02-23-25-16.png

Last edited:

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Uploaded new version to Play Store:

5.0.0:
- Added Galaxy Note 8 support.
- Added customizable notification sounds for S Pen detach/attach.
- Added option to suspend SPen Control app when S Pen is attached.
- Added persistent Disable Finger Input option.
- Fixed Spotify support for media actions.

I don't have Note 8 myself, so please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Reactions: sefrcoko

doumi215

Nov 6, 2010
I was waiting for the update. Thx mate. I will test it, but I think i'll quickly buy it

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
I was waiting for the update. Thx mate. I will test it, but I think i'll quickly buy it

Just in case you had installed older SPen Control version (4.x.x) on Note 8 make sure to uninstall it an reinstall fresh version 5.0.0, or you will get wrong screen calibration values and gesture path will be drawn at wrong position (below actual S Pen).

Last edited:
Reactions: doumi215

gixxerspud

Apr 14, 2008
I'm developer of GMD SPen Control and I just added Note 8 support in my application.

This application allows to created custom S Pen gestures for rooted Galaxy Note devices. It works on all roms.

Application has a lot of built in actions, but probably really unique action is ability to diable finger touch input.
Other actions are previous/next application, LaunchPad, recent applications, Home, Back, music control, screen off, power menu and a lot more. It also allows to start any application or shortcut including Tasker tasks.

Features:
* Custom SPen gestures
* Different actions can be assigned for gestures that start from different starting zone
* LaunchPad

2013-02-02-23-25-16.png

5.0.1 update now crashes on the Note 10.0

Tried reinstalling and clearing data. Still crash. Please fix.

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
5.0.1 update now crashes on the Note 10.0

Tried reinstalling and clearing data. Still crash. Please fix.

I uploaded new version 5.0.2 and FC should be fixed.

I somehow got corrupted build. Android SDK builds debug (development) versions just fine, but every time when I need to export final applications I get Dalvik errors and I have to do clean build/export several times till it succeeds :eek:

davp

Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane
Thanks Stu, I have the paid apps, working nicely on note 8, except gesture back sometimes a little unpredictable. Just wondering if there is any advanced mode/backdoor to execute small shell scripts directly from custom gestures.
Wow, this app has come a long way since the early 7.7 days.

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com

5.0.0:

I don't have Note 8 myself, so please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Hello!

May I know where I can find this feature "Added persistent Disable Finger Input option"? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I want to keep my finger input disabled even after waking up.

Thanks!

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Thanks Stu, I have the paid apps, working nicely on note 8, except gesture back sometimes a little unpredictable. Just wondering if there is any advanced mode/backdoor to execute small shell scripts directly from custom gestures.

I just released new update to Play Store. Could you try if Back works properly on Note 8 now? I think I fixed it, but I don't have Note 8 to test.

Hello!

May I know where I can find this feature "Added persistent Disable Finger Input option"? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I want to keep my finger input disabled even after waking up.

Thanks!

Its a checkbox in Gesture (first) tab near default Disable Touch Input gesture. Note that it also works for custom gestures Disable Touch input gestures.

Reactions: MasK

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Its a checkbox in Gesture (first) tab near default Disable Touch Input gesture. Note that it also works for custom gestures Disable Touch input gestures.

I SAW IT! :laugh:
Thanks, works great!

I have some feedback though:

1) Do you plan to have a whitelist? Ideally I would like to disable touch only in certain apps.
2) Can screen touch be independent of capacitive button touch? Coz the buttons are the only thing I really wanna disable during certain apps.
If there's a simple toggle app to disable the buttons, that would be perfect. I can then use Tasker to do whatever I want with it :)

fastcz5

Oct 10, 2013
Galaxy Note 8.0 Issue

Hello,

The Pen Detach and Attach actions are not working on my GNote 8.0 (WIFI) model.

Pen Detach Action: Disable touch
Pen Attach Action: Screen Off

The "User Gestures" work as desired.

I tried both checking and unchecking "Overtake SPen Gestures". I would not prefer to overtake the SPen Gestures though.

I remember on my Note 10.1 I had to disable some S-Pen Setting from the Settings of the tablet, but can not recall.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: aruno monk

fastcz5

Oct 10, 2013
Hello,

The Pen Detach and Attach actions are not working on my GNote 8.0 (WIFI) model.

Pen Detach Action: Disable touch
Pen Attach Action: Screen Off

The "User Gestures" work as desired.

I tried both checking and unchecking "Overtake SPen Gestures". I would not prefer to overtake the SPen Gestures though.

I remember on my Note 10.1 I had to disable some S-Pen Setting from the Settings of the tablet, but can not recall.

Thanks in advance!

Any Updates on this?

fastcz5

Oct 10, 2013
More Note 8 issues

Any Updates on this?

More issues on Galaxy Note 8. I have the app installed and configured as below:

Overtake SPen Gestures: No (Unchecked)
Draw SPen Path: No (Unchecked)

Most of the time "Disable touch input", when enabled (On) works - say 90%
I tried to recreate cases when it doesn't work. And although I can't recreate it all the time, may be 3-4 times in 10 tries, here is what is happening

When the SPen is held slightly above the screen, a few centimeters, may be, essentially when the little air view 'dot' shows up, the disable touch input tends to break. That is, at that specific instance the back and menu buttons get enabled.

Don't know if others with Note 8 are facing this issue, and the previous one reported.

Both issues not deal breakers though, just a little annoying.

Nevertheless, good work and great app. At least solves the purpose. Never had any issues with it on note 10.1

Thanks

mankand007

Dec 4, 2012
bloomington, il
It's there any way to call the Samsung screenshot method(with Spen edit options) with GMD? That is the only Samsung gesture that I need. I'm not able to find a shortcut for it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

future98

Apr 2, 2008
Malaga
Very useful app, using it in my N7100 and N8000 without problems.
Although, some issues in my N5110 with android 4.2.2: disable touch input it's not working at all when Spen is detached. I'm working with Note Anytime and GMD SPen Control is essential for me.
Any solution?
Thank you.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features:
    * Custom SPen gestures
    * LaunchPad

2013-02-02-23-25-16.png
    get marker to mark and copy and paste word coud this app do so the spen works for that features ? hope respons me @studpidIdea bestr regards thanx in advance

I plan to add such action after I finish Lollipop update but for now you would have to create tasker action and assign it to S Pen gesture.

By the way lollipop update is close to finish.
    Published GMD SPen Control 6.0.0-beta1
    - Material UI rework
    - Lock screen gestures
    - Per application gesture action
    - Applications whitelist/blacklist
    - S Pen button is optional
    ...and Lollipop support ofc.

You have to join my G+ beta channel and opt in for SPen Control beta if you want to give it a try.

5.0.0:

Just in case you had installed older SPen Control version (4.x.x) on Note 8 make sure to uninstall it an reinstall fresh version 5.0.0, or you will get wrong screen calibration values and gesture path will be drawn at wrong position (below actual S Pen).

I just released new update to Play Store. Could you try if Back works properly on Note 8 now? I think I fixed it, but I don't have Note 8 to test.

Hello!

Thanks!