The thing that may kill the DNA for me...

Search This thread

kookahdoo

Dec 14, 2006
Actually I did.

I went with the note II.

My gnex couldn't cut it with battery. I still feel that the DNA is the better device, but the app compatibility is something I want.

I was able to play Backstab last night for the first time in a year.

I dont do kernels as much anymore. I recognize that there are those who put me to shame with them such as faux and imo.

I made this exact move. Yeah the Note II is freakin huge, but it's a great phone as well. I haven't even rooted it yet and I'm loving it.

Symbiotx

Nov 15, 2012
I used the mod to remove the 3 dot menu and change multitasking to Menu. I'm so glad to have it changed.

JeramyEggs

Jan 4, 2011
Charleston Il
Re: World record of data used?

I am not defending Verizon's motives by any means. I would like local music, because I can choose what plays them. I have been seriously missing PowerAmp.

That said, if you can screw Verizon by burning data like there is no tomorrow....I say do it! :D

So which is it? Burn data, or use it responsibly? I am confused here? Just jiving you, your original guides helped me so much when I came to Android. I still miss my dinc because it(you) showed me how much you could tweak android without breaking it. I find it funny that this argument is played out in almost every forum on xda. Can't we all just be friends?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

atishpatel2012

Jan 23, 2013
Android devs need to keep their apps ready for new Android version and device not just sticking with the most popular...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that a 1080P phone has hit the market you can expect the spec wars to continue. The rumored SGS4 is supposed to have a 1080P display as well as an unannounced LG phone. People with the N10 are having the same issue. So it'll get resolved in time it's a matter of whether you're willing to wait.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Smartphones-1080p-Screen-Retina-Display-HD,18639.html

The only issue is that those 1080p phones won't hit the mainstream market until April-May timeframe. This even further emphasizes the fact that DNA is the phone from the future... As an early adopter, I'm loving it!
    Its probably not what you think.

Battery is superb.
    The screen, OMG its nice.
    Phone is smooth as butter, despite heavy Sense.
    Build quality is great.

However, so many games that I truly enjoy and have purchased do not work. The legacy menu button on so many apps eats screen real estate, and it is ridiculous.

I am aware that these aren't really the phone's fault entirely, but if the phone isn't a big seller, developers are going to drag their feet. That means we see fixes in months and in smartphone years, that's ancient.

So while I believe software will catch up, it will be later when 1080p becomes more mainstream. By that time, I am looking for another phone. So why do I want to suffer with incompatibilities?

Please don't tell me to sideload my stuff; I am getting incompatibility messages on launch as well.

As for the legacy menu, this is a two-fold problem.

1. Developers are lazy and not updating to Android standards like they should.
    2. There is an abundance of false legacy menus.

The first issue needs to be fixed by app devs, period. The second one baffles me. I have a Galaxy Nexus. Not one of my apps has a legacy menu in it because if they did I wouldn't use it. Yet, my phone doesn't have a menu key either.

However, I am getting legacy menus, even in some games. What is worse, these menus don't work, or they replicate a clickable menu in the game. Why??? My Galaxy Nexus didn't have that issue. I can't even enjoy the screen to its full potential with legacy menus. I am aware I can mod this myself, but that isn't the point.

I know they are small nitpicks, but I think the screen in all its awesomeness might kill it for me as well with incompatibilities. I am not naive enough to believe that these will be cleared up any time soon.
    Sorry to hear you returned the phone, it was great having you in this forum. Enjoy your alternative phone choice!

I am also disappointed with game incompatibility, but keeping the DNA as I don't play that much. My son was upset about angry birds star wars turning up as a black screen though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    how do you like the note 2 so far ADR??

Its nice. It is no DNA, but it is nice.

Pros
    Most of my apps work again, even ones that didn't on Gnex.
    Battery life
    Utility
    sd slot

Cons
    Too big
    Lower resolution screen
    Too big
    Audio isn't as good
    Mali-400 GPU vs. Adreno 320
    Too big
    Not as good reception (still better than Gnex)

You can't really go wrong with a DNA or Note II, but I definitely like the DNA better as a smartphone. I see the Note II as a tablet that makes calls. The S-Pen ended up how I expected, with it being a gimmicky feature.
    The second one baffles me. I have a Galaxy Nexus. Not one of my apps has a legacy menu in it because if they did I wouldn't use it. Yet, my phone doesn't have a menu key either.

The fact that this exists is kind of odd. When the One X(s) launched they had the same set up and it was even more annoying having less screen real estate to work with. HTC fixed it in the 4.0.3>4.0.4 update a couple of months ago. Basically, the recent apps capacitive button became a toggle. You were given three options:

1) As-is; launch recent apps
    2) Long-press=recent apps, short-press=settings
    3) Long-press=settings; short-press=recent apps

Check out the Teg3 One X dev forum. You should be able to find a solution you can port there.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Here's what the menu looks like...