careful. font installer causing boot loops now.

Search This thread

redheadplantguy

May 10, 2011
Louisville KY
Just a warning to everyone. For some reason, "Font Installer" is causing boot loops now. It killed my tablet. Thankfully, best buy exchanged it cause it overheated afterwards. But, loop on new infinity too. Don't know what's causing it. I recovered with soft brick method. But first tablet couldn't be recovered.

redheadplantguy

May 10, 2011
Louisville KY
Just a warning to everyone. For some reason, "Font Installer" is causing boot loops now. It killed my tablet. Thankfully, best buy exchanged it cause it overheated afterwards. But, loop on new infinity too. Don't know what's causing it. I recovered with soft brick method. But first tablet couldn't be recovered.
UPDATE:
from Dev.

If your font changes are causing bootloops, chances are that you are overwriting the wrong fonts. Please open the Font Installer and click Menu > Preferences > Select Fonts.

If you’re running Android 4.0 ICS, make sure Roboto-regular.ttf is selected
If you’re running Android 3.X or earlier, make sure DroidSans.ttf is selected
If you’re running MIUI, make sure Arial.ttf is selected
tried this morning and works.

Reggie777

Dec 11, 2010
Me Too....

I can personally vouch that this happens. I'm was caught by this exact same problem. I too was able to return it. Now, I've been scared straight. No rooting, no unlocking, no nothing unusual. Fortunately, the Infinity does all that I want it to do. So, I'll have to wait a while, until my nerves calm down before I venture once again into the wonderful world of hacking.

Ironically, I just got the update for 4.2 yesterday. So, I don't really need to poke around where I shouldn't.:crying:

maverickmarc

Jan 10, 2012
Ottawa
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 4 XL
You guys shouldn't be messing around with your toys if such a small issue cause you to return them. There's always a way to fix things. Backups are important and so is having a copy of the latest firmware or favorite ROM in hand in case of emergency. I've had the font issue also, not a big deal. Maybe you should tinker with a older device to get some knowledge first before you brick your Infinity

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Master Ramy

Aug 28, 2011
Placentia, California
Hey Friends,

I am Master Ramy, part of the Support Team for Jrummy Apps Inc, the company behind Rom Toolbox Pro and Font Installer.

What font did you attempt to install? Did the issue continue when you followed the aforementioned response from us?

Before attempting any customization, we recommend that users have a recent nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong. There are always ways to fix these issues, there should be no need to return your device.

Finally, I strongly encourage you to contact us with any questions or when you run into any problems, so that we can help you out :) Feel free to post our responses to the XDA community if needed.

Thanks!

~ Master Ramy

Jrummy Apps Support Team.

ankitsxperiago

Mar 2, 2013
Gandhidham
OnePlus 3T
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Which font should be selected from the list?

UPDATE:
from Dev.

If your font changes are causing bootloops, chances are that you are overwriting the wrong fonts. Please open the Font Installer and click Menu > Preferences > Select Fonts.

If you’re running Android 4.0 ICS, make sure Roboto-regular.ttf is selected
If you’re running Android 3.X or earlier, make sure DroidSans.ttf is selected
If you’re running MIUI, make sure Arial.ttf is selected
tried this morning and works.

I am using Xperia Go ,rooted and installed CWM recovery.
I had ticked all the fonts in the list(because i wanted to change all my phone fonts to a custom one) and then it just boots endlessly,but thanks to CWm,i restored my backup and then it started.
So please can you tell me which fonts to be ticked?:(

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Hey Friends,

I am Master Ramy, part of the Support Team for Jrummy Apps Inc, the company behind Rom Toolbox Pro and Font Installer.

What font did you attempt to install? Did the issue continue when you followed the aforementioned response from us?

Before attempting any customization, we recommend that users have a recent nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong. There are always ways to fix these issues, there should be no need to return your device.

Finally, I strongly encourage you to contact us with any questions or when you run into any problems, so that we can help you out :) Feel free to post our responses to the XDA community if needed.

Thanks!

~ Master Ramy

I am using Xperia go Stock ICS ,rooted and installed CWM Recovery.I also had encountered the same problem of bootloop,when i was trying to install "Polo Brush" font via Font Installer.but i restored through cwm,but i want all my fonts to be changed,so what i should do?
(I had ticked all the fonts to be changed in the Font Installer list).

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
You guys shouldn't be messing around with your toys if such a small issue cause you to return them. There's always a way to fix things. Backups are important and so is having a copy of the latest firmware or favorite ROM in hand in case of emergency. I've had the font issue also, not a big deal. Maybe you should tinker with a older device to get some knowledge first before you brick your Infinity

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

I agree if such small issues cause you to return your tablet then I wouldn't be messing around with it to much. Should also always have backups or a custom/stock ROM ready to flash if something goes wrong.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T Infinity using Tapatalk HD
Rom: CleanRom 3.4.4

sheep348

Sep 9, 2012
Hey Friends,

Thanks!

~ Master Ramy

Hello,

I have root and a locked bootloader on my Droid Razr Maxx HD so as far as I know with my n00b knowledge, I cannot make a nandroid backup. I want to install a font and I know nothing should go wrong but is there anyway I can be sure font installer works with my phone? or do i just need to be sure to select the correct fonts to change?

Thanks for the help.

Supong1991

May 6, 2014
I have an iball Andi 4.5z jelly bean 4.2.2 OS with root access but my phone is not rebooting after installing font installer. I even can't remount system directory to read/write in command prompt. I've browsed many forums for the solution but can't find any and the ADB command line given in other forums is not working so plz help. Solutions needed urgently. Thank you

SiberianLeopard

Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere
Hey Friends,

Thanks!

~ Master Ramy

I'm running the 4.3.1 CM 10.2 ROM for LG Phoenix (p505). Anything other than Clocktopia, AndroidClock, AndroidClock_Highlight, and AndroidClock_Solid will brick my device. This is extremely frustrating as I have restored my phone 5 times because this results in a brick.

raajvb

Dec 4, 2014
Yes, You have to be careful while using ROM tools

I had selected all fonts in preferences and it caused a bootloop in my ZTE N799D.
I had to flash stock ROM to make my phone work again.

Great tool but needs to be handled carefully.

zegoo

Feb 21, 2010
@Master Ramy
I have an older but new Xperia GO running ICS rooted and with CWM and i tried your apk replacing Roboto-Bold.ttf Roboto-Regular.ttf SoMABold.ttf SoMARegular.ttf => Boot Loop
The same with DroisSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.tff => Boot Loop again
Please what are the fonts to select for replace to reach the goal wished ? :crying:

Best Regards