[Q] No OTA update after rooting and the again after unrooting

Search This thread

Petrit Ziu

Apr 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hello
I rooted my Optimus G F180L and uninstalled some of the preinstalled apps.
Today I got a Software Update for my phone which I downloaded and was about 50 Mb.
When I tried to install it gave me an error that a rooted device couldn't be OTA updated.
Then I removed root from the SuperSu app but it gives me the same error as if it was still rooted.
I'm guessing it is because of uninstalling those apps.
If that's correct now I'd need to return it back to stock which i don't dare to do without being 100% sure I wont mess it up.
Would a factory reset do the work (how to do it?) or do I need to flash the whole stock ROM?
Any help highly appreciated!!

Reactions: karipap kerang

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
try to factory reset your phone, if that don't work maybe reflash or check with your phone carrier before doing anything else, maybe they haven't received the update yet.

Because when i run stock rom, i could receive OTA updates even while it was rooted :cowboy:

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
How to do a backup first?

Sent from my LG-F180L using Tapatalk

you can use a program like Titanium Backup (it requires root), if you wanna save data of the apps you got installed, if you wanna save contacts you can export them to an xml to storage and copy out, and sms' i personally use "SMS Backup & Restore" from Ritesh Sahu does the job good, as long as you don't got any drafting messages.

Petrit Ziu

Apr 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
you can use a program like Titanium Backup (it requires root), if you wanna save data of the apps you got installed, if you wanna save contacts you can export them to an xml to storage and copy out, and sms' i personally use "SMS Backup & Restore" from Ritesh Sahu does the job good, as long as you don't got any drafting messages.

I did the factory reset and it still shows me the same error

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
I downloaded the file "V20t-DEC-20-2013" which was 50,76 MB successfully using mobile 3g network, but after the phone restarts and begins the updating process it gets stuck at 3% ang gives me an error. Then it reboots and gives a message of the device being suspected of root.

hmm, that i never have seen before, but if you want you can download the newest original firmware here: http://lge-phones.org/check-latest-lg-official-firmware

used the site a couple of times myself for my E975 and then flash the whole rom.

because i never had a problem, but maybe it's just different in some countries.

but if you decide to use LG's flashing tool remember to backup your data on your computer, or else they will be lost because LG's tool formats the phone totally.

taka2no

Jan 13, 2011
I got similiar problem when update ota to v20t. How to solved it?

Sent from my LG-F180L using xda app-developers app

taka2no

Jan 13, 2011
Problem solved.... i did flash back to stock kdz v20S and update it to v20T. Thanks

Sent from my LG-F180L using xda app-developers app

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
I downloaded the file "V20t-DEC-20-2013" which was 50,76 MB successfully using mobile 3g network, but after the phone restarts and begins the updating process it gets stuck at 3% ang gives me an error. Then it reboots and gives a message of the device being suspected of root.

you have to relock ur bootloader to install ur update...best way is to flash the kdz, do hard reset, install update...everythin will go fine..:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello
    I rooted my Optimus G F180L and uninstalled some of the preinstalled apps.
    Today I got a Software Update for my phone which I downloaded and was about 50 Mb.
    When I tried to install it gave me an error that a rooted device couldn't be OTA updated.
    Then I removed root from the SuperSu app but it gives me the same error as if it was still rooted.
    I'm guessing it is because of uninstalling those apps.
    If that's correct now I'd need to return it back to stock which i don't dare to do without being 100% sure I wont mess it up.
    Would a factory reset do the work (how to do it?) or do I need to flash the whole stock ROM?
    Any help highly appreciated!!