[Q] lets make a list of ROMS for TeamWin Recovery Project 2.7.1.0(kitkat Bootloader))

Search This thread

JohnnyMcG

Feb 27, 2014
High Desert CA
idk if it will work

In droidrzr forums there is an Unofficial Omni Rom for kitkat bootloader..

btw, for xt925, dhacker says that we only need the new bootloader (maybe installing the leaked soak test from France we can use the newest roms)

but I have a copy of the OTA for the xt926 from Verizon us idk if you can use it to get the bootloader . I sideloaded the OTA from the soak test! I can upload it somewhere if needed

Jaysp656

Nov 8, 2013
But would that work for the xt925? I'd ask around first just in case. Don't want to brick beyond repair.

JoseBerga

Sep 26, 2011
Formosa
but I have a copy of the OTA for the xt926 from Verizon us idk if you can use it to get the bootloader . I sideloaded the OTA from the soak test! I can upload it somewhere if needed

no, that will probably brick our phones.. In another forum there are many users with problems to come back to a xt925 firmware after install a xt926 kitkat firmware..

thanks anyways buddy :) :good:

onestoploser

Jul 6, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I installed gummy and have been using the auto updater running nightlies right now I'm running 6-24 build . it seems like the the previous ver. had fixed the screen dimming issue but it seemed to come back on this ver. but rarely happens I haven't tied Bluetooth yet and the popping/static sound issue is still there but other than that I like the rom . thanks for

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
I'm running the 6-21 build and I'm having major problems with the screen dimming. The ROM runs smooth but the dimming is driving me crazy. I'm going to download the newest nightly after work to see if that helps. If not I'm going to try out Omni.

onestoploser

Jul 6, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Updated to the 6-24 Gummy nightly and so far it seems to have taken care of the screen dimming problem. I like this ROM. I'll be using it as my DD for now.

Edit: Made a liar out of me. The screen dimming is still there.

Last edited:

Jaysp656

Nov 8, 2013
I noticed the dimming issue finally on that one. Hoping that they have another build out soon. Been a few days since the last one.

updated the list to include Omni Rom

idless

Jul 5, 2012
I have tried out Dhackers unofficial CM build for 3.4 kernel and as well as OmniROM on my xt925. Both flash fine, and run super smooth. Seriously, my phone has never run as good before. In particular visible when using many panes in the browser. I think the new kernel have made optimizations at some I/O level, database or something else. It is particular actions that run better, I dont think the UI as such is much smoother. But better browser performance is valuable. Anyway, with both ROMS I have tried, I have had quite severe battery drain from 'Android OS'. I have not been able to identify the cause for this drain with 'better batter stats' and similar apps. This is not an issue on the OTA 4.4 leak also running on 3.4 kernel. Maybe the culprit is that I use xt925, and that this model, is not yet properly supported? Might be something with the radion or WIFI maybe?

Btw. Thanks for making the this OP list. It is a great idea!

onestoploser

Jul 6, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Gummy 6-28 nightly is out. I'm downloading now.

Edit: Got it downloaded and installed. Haven't had the screen dimming bug yet, which has been my only complaint with this ROM.

Last edited:
I've been on Wi-Fi all night last night (running 6-26) and all morning today (running 6-28) and haven't dropped Wi-Fi once. I've heard others note this complaint also but I've yet to experience it.

Lucky you :)

So far 6-28 seems to be better. Went to my kitchen didnt drop like previous versions did, will test throughout the day.

Reactions: onestoploser

yujikaido79

Oct 15, 2007
Hong Kong
Just tried bluetooth again on the 6/28 build of gummy rom. It no longer crashes with bluetooth device connected but plays no music through bluetooth. Have to restart to get sound working again. Oh well I am sure it will get fixed eventually, everything else seemed fine, although I didn't test much except bluetooth. Back to stock Kitkat for now.

Lucky you :)

So far 6-28 seems to be better. Went to my kitchen didnt drop like previous versions did, will test throughout the day.

onestoploser

Jul 6, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Gummy 6-29 is out. I'm not going to be home for a while so I can't update until later. Maybe it will address Bluetooth? I haven't had the screen dimming issue since I've been running 6-28.

Edit: 6-29 build is buggy. System-ui force closes repeatedly. Back to 6-28...

Last edited:

JohnnyMcG

Feb 27, 2014
High Desert CA
Updated to the 6-24 Gummy nightly and so far it seems to have taken care of the screen dimming problem. I like this ROM. I'll be using it as my DD for now.

Edit: Made a liar out of me. The screen dimming is still there.

it seems to me that the dimming issue happens more often on a dirty flash i havent had much of an issue although it is not gone completely i think it might have to do with the screen saving part of the device . i too have been running the gummy roms the auto update works as well. i have tried the pacman rom( loadsnloads bugs) and a few other ones but the gummy rom proved to be the most stable and the most worked on . cm should be releasing their monthly stable tomorrow then the nightlies will be based off the 3.4 kernel so next month cm might be the go to rom for most but i too think i will stay with gummy as well.

side note Alright when they get a more current ver. up i stoked to try out the OMNI rom.. anybody like/dislike OMNI

Last edited:

onestoploser

Jul 6, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
I haven't had the screen dimming issue since the Gummy 6-29 build. The only problem I've been seeing lately is that when I enable notifications on the lock screen system-ui force closes regularly. I'm sticking with Gummy for the long haul I think.

a6ajazep.jpg

Top Liked Posts