[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 for GT-I9000 - (user) discussion thread

Search This thread

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
i dont understand these releases, right now we have to compile ourselves right? isnt it a public beta coming out?

lucbl1

Oct 6, 2010
How about the bluetooth stack to use wiimote? Can it be ported to a regular samsung firmware? (let's say, XXJPU)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Waza_Be

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 22, 2009
I am the only one to have issues with the Google Maps update?

Maps doies not rotate and 3D is there.
Also I cannot use the 3D gesture...

antsm

Sep 9, 2010
Siberia
I'm interested in bluetooth stack too.

According to CyanogenMod ideology, it should be a stock Android BT-stack, instead of proprietary stack, using by Samsung in their FWs.

To confirm it, someone please report here result of execution of three commands (preferable, as superuser, BT should be turned on, certainly):
Code:
sdptool browse local
Code:
hcitool scan --class
Code:
pand --listen --role NAP

Thanks for help.

Last edited:

offenberg

Oct 7, 2010
Copenhagen
tried the BETA3 last night. I was too curious to wait. But it is very far from being useable. But I am impressed by the work so far. And I am looking forward to have stable cyanogenmod on my SGS. (this comment is ment for users, like me, who are not devs or exsperienced with flashing roms and things like that.) I would say wait. I flashed back right away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can also unaffs the system.img, and make an update.zip, with modem and kernel, and put the gapps in the same zip. I did it this way and its running nicely. No sd ext acess yet tho.
    I wonder if its only to add new symlinks in the update script to get the sd ext mounted properly... hmmm
    Ahh thx for the tutorial !
    Just one Question: Whats working so far and what bugs appear ?
    i tried this theme and it works :p
    i just have to reinstall Gingerbread keyboard thats it

btw i also got the error :|

Same here!... I get the error but the theme gets installed sucessfully... I just had to reinstall de Gingerbread Keyboard.
    Roms normally dont fall from sky and are ready without someone has worked on it. ;-)
    We've already spent more than 100 hours on porting cm to sgs i think. And it will take some additional weeks to get it ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-GT-I9000 using XDA App

I would say months...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
    I've always thinked there was no chance to use other kernels with CM, but now i read is possible, so we just need to try some, don't we? ;)

It's not possible because you'll get some bugs with wifi and so on.
    But if you like bugs you can try it.