unresponsive touch screen in a brand new phone JIAKE G910

Search This thread

xdadevnexus

Jul 14, 2012
I have the same phone for about 3 days. Today, after connecting to USB for several hours to fully charge the phone, the touch screen is suddenly totally unresponsive. I had to disconnect the battery to turn it off. I boot up in recovery mode and did a factory reset, and after power up I got back the factory default wall paper, "the balloons" which means that factory reset was done, but touch screen is still totally unresponsive. I power cycled several times thereafter but could not get the touch screen to respond again. Is this expected for a cheap phone from China? I could not believe the touch screen lasted only one day for a brand new phone. I would appreciate any help or info to get the touch screen to respond again.
Thank you in advance for any pointers to fix this problem.

xdadevnexus

Jul 14, 2012
UPDATE to unresponsive touch screen in JIAKE G910 phone.

Moved here, better to ask here....thanks
Thank you
Just a short update on this problem. Since the only thing that changed was the battery was fully charged for the first time. I decided to let it run down despite the touch screen being unresponsible. Guess what; the next morning when I checked it, the screen is still unresponsive but when I disconnected the battery to turn it off and reconnected battery to power it back up. The touch screen is now WORKING normally. Battery level reads 39%. There seemed to be a hardware issue that caused the touch screen to not work when the battery voltage is at the fully charged value around 4.2 volt. I'm charging it up again to see what happens.
The second issue with this phone is the ad claimed that this phone has GPS sensor but Google map says that "GPS is disabled" and I have not found a way to enable it.

xdadevnexus

Jul 14, 2012
2nd Update
I charged it up to 100% using an USB power supply instead of the USB interface from the laptop and did not see the unresponsive touch screen problem again so battery voltage is probably not the problem. Perhaps the interaction between the phone and laptop over USB is the culprit. I did not install the driver for the phone because I was using the USB from the laptop only for charging. Anyway touch screen seemed to work normally but GPS sensor is not available, as in not installed in hardware.

Thank you
Just a short update on this problem. Since the only thing that changed was the battery was fully charged for the first time. I decided to let it run down despite the touch screen being unresponsible. Guess what; the next morning when I checked it, the screen is still unresponsive but when I disconnected the battery to turn it off and reconnected battery to power it back up. The touch screen is now WORKING normally. Battery level reads 39%. There seemed to be a hardware issue that caused the touch screen to not work when the battery voltage is at the fully charged value around 4.2 volt. I'm charging it up again to see what happens.
The second issue with this phone is the ad claimed that this phone has GPS sensor but Google map says that "GPS is disabled" and I have not found a way to enable it.