LTE?

Search This thread

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Has anyone been able to get LTE working on USA GSM carriers? Just wondering because I'm able to get H+ but I have not been able to get LTE. With the same APN on my Nexus 5 there is a consistent LTE signal in my house so I know its not the area or towers.

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
.....but we are only talking sprint software doesn't support it, hardware should be perfectly capable of it correct? Maybe a piece of VS980 code could help here, I also have been looking into getting this working, any info anyone has would be helpful, thanks

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
.....but we are only talking sprint software doesn't support it, hardware should be perfectly capable of it correct? Maybe a piece of VS980 code could help here, I also have been looking into getting this working, any info anyone has would be helpful, thanks

Dude, do some research. Sprint does LTE on 850/1900/2600. That's not software but hardware. You won't get LTE on any GSM carrier using a Sprint G2.

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
Dude, do some research. Sprint does LTE on 850/1900/2600. That's not software but hardware. You won't get LTE on any GSM carrier using a Sprint G2.
Thanks for your very useful input, we understand what sprint LTE bands are already, most of us need to be on 1700. So, since it is a hardware issue not software, can you please enlighten us to which piece of hardware handles these LTE bands?

Also I don't see anywhere it says our hardware, the qualcomm snapdragon 800 is incapable of the 1700 LTE band, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)#Snapdragon_800 , actually it is proven the hardware is very capable by the other carriers, such as T-mobile and Verizon! I love it when people say you can't or won't ever get something done, motivates me, thanks again :good:

I am thinking about trying to flash a VS980 modem.img, has anyone tried this, soft brick? I have a few different G2 variant builds and I am sure the answer is in one of them! I am wondering, if opening up and editing the original modem.img is possible?

Last edited:

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Thanks for your very useful input, we understand what sprint LTE bands are already, most of us need to be on 1700. So, since it is a hardware issue not software, can you please enlighten us to which piece of hardware handles these LTE bands?

Also I don't see anywhere it says our hardware, the qualcomm snapdragon 800 is incapable of the 1700 LTE band, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)#Snapdragon_800 , actually it is proven the hardware is very capable by the other carriers, such as T-mobile and Verizon! I love it when people say you can't or won't ever get something done, motivates me, thanks again :good:

I am thinking about trying to flash a VS980 modem.img, has anyone tried this, soft brick? I have a few different G2 variant builds and I am sure the answer is in one of them! I am wondering, if opening up and editing the original modem.img is possible?

If you find out a possible answer let me know. I would absolutely love to get this working. Guinea pig status awaits!!!!!!

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
If you find out a possible answer let me know. I would absolutely love to get this working. Guinea pig status awaits!!!!!!

Sweet, I would also like 4G data on my G2 and will try my damnedest to find a solution! I found something interesting in the modem.img of the
VS980, it has a couple more files in it than the LS980!
Mainly I see right away, Verizon includes these, MLSERVER.B00, MLSERVER.B01, MLSERVER.B02, MLSERVER.B03 and
MLSERVER.MDT, sprint does not? I also see Verizon has a couple more modem files, B00-B26 Verizon, B00-B24 Sprint, Verizon also has 1 more
ADSP.B than Sprint, other than these differences they look identical to each other?!

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Sweet, I would also like 4G data on my G2 and will try my damnedest to find a solution! I found something interesting in the modem.img of the
VS980, it has a couple more files in it than the LS980!
Mainly I see right away, Verizon includes these, MLSERVER.B00, MLSERVER.B01, MLSERVER.B02, MLSERVER.B03 and
MLSERVER.MDT, sprint does not? I also see Verizon has a couple more modem files, B00-B26 Verizon, B00-B24 Sprint, Verizon also has 1 more
ADSP.B than Sprint, other than these differences they look identical to each other?!

Add these files to.the sprint modem and flash it. See if that does the trick.

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
It will take some time to find the right files to grab and add, I am looking through the hex and seeing which ones match and which ones are different, I will keep you posted though, any help anyone can give into this would be greatly appreciated! (there are a ton of hex values)

Jbcarrera

Oct 18, 2010
Winter Garden

:Smashes head into wall: The problem is that the Hardware isn't setup to accept 1700 it is a antenna issue not software. Just thought I would let you know before you brick your or someone else's device

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
Thanks for the info, best of luck on all your work!
FYI, soft bricks aren't a problem when you keep back ups handy, and just flashing the VS980,D800,D801 and the D805 modem.img's have caused nothing more than UI crashes, some random reboots and no network settings at all available, easily fixed with original modem.img, I would NEVER recommend doing anything I haven't put my own phone through first and having recovery in place, thanks though!

Last edited: