[Q] Battery issues persist after replacing battery

Search This thread

TheSZ11

Jun 5, 2014
So I had some very weird issues with my battery as highlighted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53187219#

I have done RUUs, and now have even gotten the battery changed. Still the same issues. At this point, how can this be a battery or hardware issue? The new battery behaves the same way.

What can I do to solve this?

* The above linked thread was closed so I can't post there anymore... hence this thread.

TheSZ11

Jun 5, 2014
You mentioned wanting to post in the thread that's been closed. So I assumed the same would go for your own thread. My bad.

Sent from my Evita

Nah no worries, wanted to post in the thread that was closed cause it was about this issue. The new thread was a separate issue(that you helped solve). I figured it wouldn't make sense to put different conflicting issues in the same thread so as not to confuse people helping and people seeking help...

TheSZ11

Jun 5, 2014
So the problem still occurs after changing the battery?

Sent from my Evita

Yeah it does. Same issues same sort of battery drain patterns. Don't know what to do about it.

Do you think the kernel/firmware/radio could have anything to do with it?

I read in a separate thread about a guy solving a similar issue by going back to s-on from s-off. That shouldn't make a difference should it?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah it does. Same issues same sort of battery drain patterns. Don't know what to do about it.

Do you think the kernel/firmware/radio could have anything to do with it?

I read in a separate thread about a guy solving a similar issue by going back to s-on from s-off. That shouldn't make a difference should it?

It shouldn't make a difference, but it might, stranger things have happened I suppose. I'd give it a shot, if it works I'd use the phone as normal for a week and then get s-off again.

Sent from my Evita

TheSZ11

Jun 5, 2014
It shouldn't make a difference, but it might, stranger things have happened I suppose. I'd give it a shot, if it works I'd use the phone as normal for a week and then get s-off again.

Sent from my Evita

Yeah you're right why not try this as well. Nothing else has worked so far, maybe this might.
Is there a specific process to follow to get back to s-on? I don't want to mess things up further due to lack of knowledge...

The post that I read going to s-on would fix the issues says to use this command: Fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
Is that correct?

Last edited:

TheSZ11

Jun 5, 2014
That's the right command.

Sent from my Evita

And just to double triple check, I just boot into bootloader, go to fastboot and run that?

I don't need to RUU, lock bootloader, do any other stuff? Right now I'm on AOKP and not stock kernel either. I won't get bricked if I just run the command from fastboot will I?

Thanks for sticking around and answering my questions btw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just boot to the bootloader and give the command, no other messing around is necessary.