[ROM][WWE][09MAY] Shaks.P v4.30 [OEM 2.07] UC 5.2.21042 8 Versions [Back Online]

Search This thread

thafath

Apr 6, 2008
Montreal
Works Perfectly

Thank you for the great Rom, One of the best I have used in the few last weeks. Everything working fine here. No more flashing!

I noticed that lot of the Roms that I have tried have issues with
- the drop down list in the spb Mobile Shell (this one no problem).
- getting some programs (PocketToolman, SeaSGEE, RealOne Player, Pocket Islam, AiroMap, ...) to run correctly in VGA mode. (this one no problem).
- ActivSync running in the background (not tested yet, will update this post later).
- no sound with Alarms only the notification (not tested yet, will update this post later).

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
Thank you for the great Rom, One of the best I have used in the few last weeks. Everything working fine here. No more flashing!

I noticed that lot of the Roms that I have tried have issues with
- the drop down list in the spb Mobile Shell (this one no problem).
- getting some programs (PocketToolman, SeaSGEE, RealOne Player, Pocket Islam, AiroMap, ...) to run correctly in VGA mode. (this one no problem).
- ActivSync running in the background (not tested yet, will update this post later).
- no sound with Alarms only the notification (not tested yet, will update this post later).

Thank you very much.

Thanks for your feedback. You will find activesync runs in the background on this one as this is the default behaviour which I have not changed. eLias AsyncKiller will deal with this for you if you find it an issue. I use exchange servers so don't bother killing Async.
I've always found the alarm on WM to be unreliable so never use it.
Good to hear this doesn't suffer from issues that others do. Probably as it using the older XIP/SYS which is stable and performs well enough for me not to bother changing.

castorgris

Jul 19, 2008
Using this rom for 24h now. It's the most stable and fastest rom i ever use.

Work great with Orange fr network.

Thankssss

dannyoneill

Aug 16, 2006
Hi Shaks, im currently learning how to build a rom by looking what others have done. How did you set your customizations? You dont seem to have modified the provision xml files and I cant find any cabs. I notice some people use mort scripts but want to avoid that.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Ta

RoozbehDream

Apr 20, 2008
Tehran
fast Rom,,,,very stable...thanks man...that was greate
just 2 suggestions:
1) can you cook a light version too for the next realease?
can you use connection setup cab from newer builds? in sutty 3.6 connection setup recogniexed My phone service in Iran.., but in your ROm it is not.

thanks again man..Good luck

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
Hi Shaks, im currently learning how to build a rom by looking what others have done. How did you set your customizations? You dont seem to have modified the provision xml files and I cant find any cabs. I notice some people use mort scripts but want to avoid that.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Ta

I added my own provision xml file (ending in 108) in the operator_pkg folder. I wanted to add my tweaks in using one file so I could port that to other roms without modifying the original ones - makes it quicker for me to make new roms from a new base

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
New Version with Slide to Answer from HTC

Changelog v2.20

HTC Slide Answer/Ignore Phone Canvas (thanks ctyy) + removed slide to answer/ignore text(thanks BlockbusterF)
Added VJDeviceLock Links to lock device on wakeup rather than backlight (disabled by default thanks vijay555)

http://rapidshare.com/files/177407897/Shaks.P_v2.20.zip

attachment.php

Last edited:

mastabog

Oct 1, 2008
Hi Shaks,

Great ROM!

I moved away from Dutty's ROMs as the release cycle was too short (too frequent releases) with no upgrade CABs and I was tired of flashing. It would be really great if the chefs provided an upgrade CAB so that people don't have to reflash, reinstall programs and reconfigure their device. Would you please consider this for your ROM? Is it possible for v2.20? I quite like your work.

Cheers

p.s. Are you considering implementing the HD stuff (manila, keyboard etc)?

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
Hi

The only changes to this rom is the phone slide to answer + vjdevicelock

Cabs for this are attached below.
I will attempt to release cabs where feasible or requested however can't always promise to do so.

I'm currently not planning to incorporate the hd keyboard as I like the new diamond one as it scrolls the page properly.
I probably will not make any changes to Manila as it's running well currently.

Regards

Last edited:

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
The only change I expect to make to this rom in the near future are as follows:

I'm working on a new control panel applet for changing sms settings so we don't have to use schapps tools
e.g classic/threaded + wakeonsms + sent notifications + delivery notifications all set from one control panel.

I am also hoping to make a control panel option for the windows device lock so I can get rid off the seperate cabs/exes currently used for setting autodevicelock and locking the device on suspend.

I may also add gyrator to the the rom as I find it works well. I'd love peoples feedback on this.

Also what's the communities experience of ring delay with this device/rom? I find ring delay is alot less however may experience with converting ringtones to wav from wma as they seem to have less delay. Any input on this is much appreciated

I could also do with some help with the control panels as I'm not much of a coder. My experience of coding is from 10 years ago. PM me and I'll let you know what I need with .net examples and program structure.

Regards

Sergio PC

Jun 30, 2008
Santiago
www.bulldogs.cl
Woooww I must say im very impressed. Very agile ROM, and a nice collection of apps that come out of the box.
Coming from a long line of awesome ROMs this I must say is killer.

My compliments to the Chef:)
Thanks very much.
Greets.

Last edited:

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
Hi

The only changes to this rom is the phone slide to answer + vjdevicelock

Cabs for this are attached below.
I will attempt to release cabs where feasible or requested however can't always promise to do so.

I'm currently not planning to incorporate the hd keyboard as I like the new diamond one as it scrolls the page properly.
I probably will not make any changes to Manila as it's running well currently.

Regards

Hi Shaks, great work! Well speaking of cabs. Do u have a cab for ;
Phone Canvas with transparent look shade from pistonripper ?

Last edited:

gandalf69

Jul 18, 2006
Would be great to have this transparent shade as a CAB

Hi Shaks, great work! Well speaking of cabs. Do u have a cab for ;
Phone Canvas with transparent look shade from pistonripper ?

If someone could post the Phone Canvas with transparent look shade from pistonripper as a separate CAB or point us to the good thread where we can download it from then that would be great.

Have been searching for half an hour now with different keywords but never got to find it anywhere!!

All help would be appreciated.
Thanx.

Srem

Sep 24, 2008
The only change I expect to make to this rom in the near future are as follows:

Also what's the communities experience of ring delay with this device/rom? I find ring delay is alot less however may experience with converting ringtones to wav from wma as they seem to have less delay. Any input on this is much appreciated

Regards

i'd be very interested in trying to reduce dialer lag. currently looking for a whole new dialer cos the htc ones (diamond and HD) are so heavy.

havnt flashed your rom yet but looks great. cheers

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
Finally found this puppy laying around..........the phone canvas lock transparency

Specials thanks to Ricky119 for requesting this in a wider arena (Diamond ROM development forum) and thanks to a-math for delivering!

There is no I in Team......thanks for sharing guys.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_3_phonecanvaslock_trans.jpg
    Screenshot_3_phonecanvaslock_trans.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Haroon2008

Nov 12, 2008
Brilliant- Highly recommended ROM

After switcing from one ROM to another i've come across this gem, I won't be changing anymore !!. Its very stable, and the best bit was i didn't need to play about with the registry- its just the way i like it. Thanks Shaks P, keep up the gud work.

Top Liked Posts