[TUT] YOU want to cook? Here is how to do - in 5 Minutes using NATALY!

Search This thread

peetx

Apr 29, 2007
Okay,

in this example we are going to use genious Bepe's PlatformRebuilder Kitchen and Mondilv's Nataly ROM. You get this in one package from Nataly Projektpage, just download the latest stable Nataly Kitchen. While no one else seems to have problems, on my Diamond 2.7 makes weird device behaviour, so i recommend 2.6 :D

Bepe's new kitchen is not limited to Diamond devices, the more it is able to port foreign OS into your kitchen very easy and very well, more the more it is able to manage different language versions in one and only kitchen and most the more it can simultaniously manage different ROM Versions, as Lite, Premium, etc. Take a look at the kitchen tutorial, alternativly found here as file - you'll be surprised :) !!! With some luck he is gonna publish a grafical GUI for his kitchen in a while - so stay tuned.

• Preparation: Make shure you got unsigned HardSPL installed!!!

• First step: Unpack Nataly kitchen directly to your C-Drive e.g.: "C:\nataly\..."!

• Second step: Remove all packages/folders from underneath EN_KITCHEN you think you won't need.

• Third step: If you want to add packages/apps from folder "_ADDS/EXT/Diamond" you just have to drag and drop them back to "EN_KITCHEN/EXT/Diamond". If you want to add packages/apps from folder "_ADDS/SYS" you may drag and drop them to "EN_KITCHEN/SYS" or you may convert them to the new package format Bebe is using and afterwards drag and drop them to "EN_KITCHEN/EXT/Diamond". Ervius did write us a tool EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe to do this by simply letting the folder drop onto it and all other is done automatically. After this you can cut/copy and paste the directory to path EXT/Diamond/...! It will get included by platformrebuilder automatically too. *

• Fourth step: If you want to include other apps you like, you need to use Ervius (yes again) genious Ervius_Package_Creator found in the kitchen under path UTILS/.... Open the cab file and MSCEInfen will get opened automatically. Click "Extract CAB files with original names in folder" - Button (CAB and this folder MUST have the same path!) and close MSCEInfen, you get returned to package creator and may further correct things or not, at this stage of knowhow, maybe better leave all to Package Creator, it will do the rest the right way. So just click DONE and COMPLETE PACKAGE. Now you need Ervius EXT_PAckages_rebuilder again to get package converted into new format and thereafter you may add it to EXT/Diamond/...! *

• Last Step: Click "build_rom.bat" under path EN_KITCHEN and wait - when finished there will be the file "OS-new.nb" which you have to select in automatically opened HTCRT.exe under item OS and further select the platform from dropdown, etc., fill in Version number etc. and thereafter you will get a file "OS-new.nbh" or whatever you named it in HTCRT. [see screenshot below]

* If your application now does not work correctly (quite a few will not do by now :D) you should dump your registry with e.g. dotfreds FDCSoft Taskmanagers builtin RegistryEditor. "Export All" found in context menu, do this before and after manual installation of the app, copy both dumped reg files to PC and compare them with e.g. Advanced Registry Tracer (Elcomsoft), export the differences and clean hives (keys) that you don't need (e.g. application foreign keys) add the rest to your corresponding app.reg file!

You are ready to flash your own ROM with DiamondCustomRUU.exe now. Got it?

DONT FORGET: ALL YOU DO IS AT YOUR TOTALLY OWN RISK!

Your own SOURCE for ROM?
This has been simple, didn't it? So if you'd like to use other source ROM (maybe that of your provider or country) you should download Bepe's Basic Kitchen and the Toolset from darkforcesteam-forum and watch his video tutorial, as this shows everything you need to know step by step. After another 5 minutes you got your own source kitchened what else do you need?

Upgrading your OS? That's far as simple. Watch this video and you'll laugh because of simplicity.

Hope i did not forget something, lol!

Have fun...;)

P.S.: If you find this useful, you may vote the thread and the more you could post a reply, as this may keep the thread up in list and therefore findable to others, as it is not sticky!

Attachments

• htcrt.jpg
    htcrt.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,351
Last edited:
Reactions: heise

peetx

Apr 29, 2007
Further customizing your ROM!

RADIO

You can find recommended Radio 1.14.25.05 for latest Nataly ROM here: http://customroms.com/diam_radio_1.14.25.05.rar - Mondilv did include the corresponding rilphone.dll already in Nataly Rom! Be shure your device is Security unlocked, which is not the same as SIM-Unlocked!!! Read this thread please: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=470306! and thereafter this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=414835!

To not let you get confused at this point a short tip to security unlock: First flash the Radio 1.00.25.05 on your phone, after that start DiamondSecUnlocker.exe from your PC and click Step 1 button. Now the flashing gui of the DiamondCustomRUU will pop up and let you flash the Radio 1.20 Olinex (which you did not see in the zip-package before :D) after that is done you will be able to complete Step 2 of the still running SecUnlocker on your PC and you will get order to complete unlock on your device. There you have to set the wanted options and close it on device. Now the SecUnlocker on PC comes to end and after this all you will be able to flash any radio onto your device you want (as long as you see text "Security Unlocked on your three colored bootup screen before flashing process). Beware of what you flash, you could even flash $¥%¢¤#in Nokia radio firmware now onto your device and brick it!!! To lock security again you will need this tool: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155646&d=1234206431!

Comment: At the same day and weather conditions inbetween one hour with Radio 1.09.25.23, GPS needed about ~40 seconds to get 4/5 satellites fixed - with Radio 1.14.25.05 i got 9/10 satellites fixed in about ~30 seconds, which is quite a difference.

-----------------------------------​

Custom Folders

If you want to make custom folders and sort your programs in YOUR way do it this way:

• make new unique named directory under path EXT/Diamond/ eg. "xyzYOURdir"
  • make new directory named "files" in that directory [EXT/Diamond/xyzYOURdir/files]
  • in "files" directory create new file named: "mxipupdate_xyzYOURdir_100.provxml"
  • in that file put code:
    Code:
    <wap-provisioningdoc>
    <characteristic type="FileOperation">

<characteristic type="%CE11%\YOURdir" translation="install">
                <characteristic type="MakeDir" />

[COLOR="Blue"]            <characteristic type="icon.lnk" translation="install">
                    <characteristic type="Shortcut">
                        <parm name="Source" value="\Windows\shellres.192.dll,-8216" translation="install" />
                    </characteristic>
                </characteristic>  [/COLOR]  

<characteristic type="Streaming Media.lnk" translation="install">
                    <characteristic type="[B]Shortcut[/B]">
                        <parm name="Source" value="\Windows\StreamingPlayer.exe" translation="install" />
                    </characteristic>
                  </characteristic>
                  <characteristic type="Windows Media.lnk" translation="install">
                    <characteristic type="[B]Copy[/B]">
                        <parm name="Source" value="\Windows\WMPlayer.lnk" translation="install" />
                    </characteristic>
                  </characteristic>
                  <characteristic type="Calculator.lnk" translation="install">
                    <characteristic type="[B]Move[/B]">
                        <parm name="Source" value="%CE11%\Calculator.lnk" translation="install" />
                    </characteristic>
                  </characteristic>

[COLOR="Red"]    <characteristic type="%CE11%\Pictures [B]&[/B] Videos.lnk" translation="install">
          <characteristic type="[B]Delete[/B]">
            <parm name="ForceDelete"/>
          </characteristic>
        </characteristic>[/COLOR]

</characteristic>    

</characteristic>
    </wap-provisioningdoc>

Did you notice the blue part, this is creation of shortcut which is assigned with special icon like told here beneath -->
Okay you can move links or copy and later delete the source! Pay attension on paths and spelling, if special characters are used in name of link use html code as in sample, for paths there is no way to mask those, then make new shortcut from exe and delete old original, but that has to take place later and NOT here, put that delete (red) section in EXT/Diamond/zconfig/finish.provxml! Microsoft even recommends to put each command in own dir-tags (remember ONE mistake/mistype/etc. and the whole prv-file is ignored/rejected!) so the prov-file in Office oem package is nice commented file to learn. Here is listing of %CE%-commands!

Folder Icons

You can customize every folder in startmenu by adding an icon to it (likewise Office or Games folders) In those directories there is an "icon.lnk" file which has a string inside, eg: 33#"\Windows\shellres.192.dll,-8216"

the number before # is the stringlength behind it

By changing the number and or referenced dll you can assign different icons to the folder the file is in. There are even several cabs to install whole folder-themes in the forum to find.

Add email account to ROM

Add this eg. in your custom folders "mxipupdate_xyzYOURdir_100.provxml"

Code:
    <characteristic type="EMAIL2">
        <characteristic type="{[COLOR="red"]XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX[/COLOR]}">
            <parm name="SERVICENAME" value="Bobs Mail Account" />
            <parm name="SERVICETYPE" value="POP3" />
            <parm name="INSERVER" value="mail.northwindtraders.com" />
            <parm name="OUTSERVER" value="smtp.northwindtraders.com" />
            <parm name="NAME" value="Bob Kelly" />
            <parm name="REPLYADDR" value="bobk@northwindtraders.com" />
            <parm name="AUTHNAME" value="bobk" />
            <parm name="AUTHSECRET" value="bobs_password" />
            <parm name="DOMAIN" value="" />
            <characteristic type="NAMEDPROPS">
                <parm name="MyNamedProp#0003" value="1" />
                <parm name="AnotherNamedProp#0003" value="200" />
            </characteristic>
            <characteristic type="TAGPROPS">
                <parm name="8128000B" value="1"/>
                <parm name="812C000B" value="1"/>
            </characteristic>
        </characteristic>
    </characteristic>

<GUID>
Defines one specific e-mail account. This is a globally unique identifier (GUID --> example: {1b57531a-54a0-4f2e-ab75-3b015628da62}) that you must generate for each new account, use your imagination or maybe OEMizer - section popEmail - just copy the content of prov-file :D.

MANILA

To edit Manila grafical files you may search for this cool tool, coded by Chainfire, at this thread CFC GUI - THE Manila/TF3D Image Editor. With this tool you are able to get files directly from device, decompress them for beeing able to edit (and save to local disk), afterwards recompress them and send them back to device again (to check)- what more could we need?

To edit the manila language files you may use most text editors - i use simply notepad :D, for configuration files u may use mode9 editor

Or if you do not plan to integrate them in ROM you may use TF3D Config!

I've done some files for Manila icons and clock to customize Nataly Design you find attached below.

Add weather city to Manila

Simply edit app.reg file in "EXT/Diamond/Manila ...." (Notepad) and add this way: ""Weather.CityList"="EUR|DE|GM001|BERLIN""

In same reg file you may define your program links manila displays:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher\0]
"DispName"="Album"
"IconPath"=""
"IsReadOnly"=dword:0
"Path"="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Album.lnk"

Attachments

• ScreensampleNataly.jpg
    ScreensampleNataly.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 258
  • Manila_Nataly_CustomFiles.zip
    90.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

peetx

Apr 29, 2007
Further customizing your ROM

Add owner info to ROM
This is better to write down in device/settings/owner info and the export reg key with PHM because Adress are hex values :D
looksalike this:
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Owner]
  "Owner"=hex:59,00,6F,00,75,00,72,00,20,00,4E,00,61,00,6D,00,65,00,00,00,00,00,00,\      
      00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,39,00,39,00,39,00,39
  "Notes"="If you find this device and return it to me, you'll shurly get rewarded! Tnx!"
  "E-mail"="me@Mydomain.de"
  "Telephone"="9999-9999-9999"
  "Name"="Your Name"

Add this to an "app.reg" file (create one if needed) for example in path "EXT/Diamond/xyzYOURdir/" !
Now adding registry infos should be clear, use your imagination to expand :D !

Want to localize your ROM

Now we are getting deeper,lol. In Nataly ROM you find it in "zconfig\app.reg" under TZ & RU LOCALE looks alike (for germany eg.):
Code:
;TZ0 Berlin
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Time]
"TimeZoneInformation"=hex:c4,ff,ff,ff,57,00,2e,00,20,00,45,00,75,00,72,00,6f,00,\
  70,00,65,00,20,00,53,00,74,00,61,00,6e,00,64,00,61,00,72,00,64,00,20,00,54,\
  00,69,00,6d,00,65,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
  00,00,0a,00,00,00,05,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,57,00,2e,00,20,\
  00,45,00,75,00,72,00,6f,00,70,00,65,00,20,00,44,00,61,00,79,00,6c,00,69,00,\
  67,00,68,00,74,00,20,00,54,00,69,00,6d,00,65,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
  00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
  c4,ff,ff,ff

;RU LOCALE
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls]
"DefaultACP"=dword:000004e4
"DefaultLCID"=dword:00000407
"DefaultOCP"=dword:00000352
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]
"S1159"="AM"
"S2359"="PM"
"LCID"=dword:00000407
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ColdInit]
"Locale"=dword:00000407

Too you may change clock appearance and maybe add your personal alarms (<-- although they don't work reliable) already (very useful for hardcore-flashers):

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Clock]
"AppState"=hex:12
"GMT_OFFSET"=dword:ffffffc4
"TZIndex"=dword:00000055
"AppInfo"=hex:01,00,00,00,e8,00,00,00,6e,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,3a,01,\
"HomeDST"=dword:00000001
"Home"=dword:000000e8
"AutoDST"=dword:00000001
"SoundAlarmAlways"=dword:00000001
"NetworkTimeNotifyUser"=dword:00000001
"NetworkTimeSync"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Clock\0]
"AlarmText"="Wecker"
"Len_AlarmText"=dword:00000006
"AlarmHandle"=hex:24,00,00,3e,15,00,00,3a,23,00,00,33,17,00,00,39,25,00,00,32,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"AlarmSnd"="[COLOR="Red"]iiih[/COLOR]"
"Len_AlarmSnd"=dword:00000006
"AlarmDays"=hex:1f
"AlarmTime"=hex:0e,01
"AlarmFlags"=hex:01
"AlarmNotFlags"=hex:1f,00,00,00

Don't use this settings otherwise you'll get up very early in future :D, just configure your alarms and export the registry settings with PHM!
You have to put corresponding file in path EN_KITCHEN\OEM\OEMDrivers!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Boys, this all is not my work, it is the work of several developers, coding for our pleasure and please don't think this would be done in some minutes, not even some hours, at least days and often months of work and investigation is behind those tools and apps, so be that fair and donate to show your appreciation and honor for them and their work and spent lifetime, otherwise go buy $¥%¢¤#in stuff at $¥%¢¤#in developers sites with $¥%¢¤#in apps full of $¥%¢¤#in nag or splash screens and full of $¥%¢¤#in not workin code. The guys here spent a lot of their lifetime (i mean this exactly: LIFETIME) developing tools to satisfy our all needs. So please be that fair and donate some money to keep developers able to develop furthermore...you should really not hesitate about donating some bucks. This all here is not possible being payed by us, because the real price would be hundreds and thousands of dollars..believe me.

So go donate and begin feelin better on all what you get deserved here at xda-devs! And furthermore why not donate every month some bucks, as i am shure you throw away a lot more money for $¥%¢¤#in things like cigarettes, tv, music, cars, women or whatever...

Did ya $¥%¢¤#in get me?!

After reading this and using those tools you saved a vast array of hours, days or even months of lifetime, so go $¥%¢¤#in donate to those who spent theirs for you!

Last edited:

GahhTheBig

Oct 13, 2008
Hey , i can´t download BEPE´S , because i don´t have permission !
Can you upload it at rapidshare for example ?

col laughton

Jul 6, 2008
Hi thanks for the info. I have tried for myself but when flashing I get INVALID MODEL ID after 1%, any ideas ?

nsourm

Sep 14, 2007
keratsini
question

When i've reached the last step (htc rom tool appears), i'm writing the version image etc and by the time i press build it gives me an erro "You need to assign at least one firmware block". i press B and i try to find one,but i don;t know where.
What i'm i doing wrong?

I found the solution.

Last edited:

peetx

Apr 29, 2007
When i've reached the last step (htc rom tool appears), i'm writing the version image etc and by the time i press build it gives me an erro "You need to assign at least one firmware block". i press B and i try to find one,but i don;t know where.
What i'm i doing wrong?

I found the solution.

I added screenshot for other to see easier what do do where.

peetx

Apr 29, 2007
question by pm:
ok now....i want to add cabs in kitchen/rom..i have read your tut but havent understand it...so i need to put cab in EXT/Diamond and than open MSCEInf drag cab in and press "Extract CAB files with original names in folder", than cab is in kitchen and it will be cooked in rom??

no place cab anywhere on c-drive, then open ervius package creator and select cab, through this msceinf gets opened, click the folder-icon to save all original named files (and stay on the suggested path - a folder directly under drive c) close msceinf by the rightest button on button bar and you get back to package creator, there adjust/review shortcut and click done, click complete package. this package is old style like to use under oem/sys folders, for adding it to EXT/Diamond convert it by ervius package converter and then copy to ext/diamond.

i should make a video from this one day :D

regards
peet

WH33LSONFiRE

Jan 22, 2009
Brussels
Steps taken to change the dialer to NON-slider: (Waiting for confirmation and then I'll flash)

1. Extracted Nataly's Kitchen to C:\NATALY

1z732b5.png

2. I go to _ADDS - EXT - Diamond

Copy PhoneCanvas 3_50_32466_0_noLand to EN_KITCHEN - EXT - Diamond
Remove PhoneCanvas_Slider 3_50_33348_0

3. That's all I wanted to change to the kitchen so I go to Nataly EN_KITCHEN and I click build_rom.bat (creating it)

After that it opens HTCRT.exe as in the screenshot under the tab ROM builder I change device to Diamond *, it automatically changes Model ID, Country ID, Version, Language, which are all unchanged
Firmware contents I select the OS-new.nb

4. Click build! And I named it OS-NATALY-NEW.nbh

oac6jr.png

Can you confirm to me that I did everything perfect as it should and that I can flash this thing! :cool:

Thanks in advance! ;)

One little question after this as well,
The things I install after flashing are:
HTC_Keyboard_PanEU.cab
and a 14 languages update cab (T9 Input 14 Languages Update.cab) which allows to see dutch t9 language.

How to insert that in a rom? :D
And how to include an installer of TomTom for example (also cab)? ;)

If it's really not possible, I can install those afterwards but it would be great to already have the dutch t9 in the rom, TomTom I could install when it's flashed ;) Thanks in advance! ;)

Last edited:

peetx

Apr 29, 2007
you did everything right by now, u can flash this and should nake no problems.
if you want to include further cabs follow the instructions one post above, that the procedure to include cabs in rom, if you read second post of thread "further customizing your rom" there is some more told about it. as some apps don't work if only made oem package from cab. so first make backup of registry, install cab, make backup again, copy to pc and compare. differences should reflect installation, put that in app. reg in addition to the contents from cab and then insert in rom...i'll make a video as soon as possible :D

peetx

Apr 29, 2007
benko try this

Attachments

• changescreen.zip
    84.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

WH33LSONFiRE

Jan 22, 2009
Brussels
you did everything right by now, u can flash this and should nake no problems.
if you want to include further cabs follow the instructions one post above, that the procedure to include cabs in rom, if you read second post of thread "further customizing your rom" there is some more told about it. as some apps don't work if only made oem package from cab. so first make backup of registry, install cab, make backup again, copy to pc and compare. differences should reflect installation, put that in app. reg in addition to the contents from cab and then insert in rom...i'll make a video as soon as possible :D

Hmmm :p I'll try to read some more tomorrow and a video would be great indeed! ;) I'll try to flash my rom tomorrow and test thé thing! :cool:

eranyanay

Aug 26, 2008
question by pm:

no place cab anywhere on c-drive, then open ervius package creator and select cab, through this msceinf gets opened, click the folder-icon to save all original named files (and stay on the suggested path - a folder directly under drive c) close msceinf by the rightest button on button bar and you get back to package creator, there adjust/review shortcut and click done, click complete package. this package is old style like to use under oem/sys folders, for adding it to EXT/Diamond convert it by ervius package converter and then copy to ext/diamond.

i should make a video from this one day :D

regards
peet

ervius package converter ?

Look, I have a cab lets say its "HTC_Album_V_2.5.1820.4127.cab"
So I:
1. use packages creator and open cab, then I press the button to extract it with msceinf and then I get a file and windows folder.
Then I select this package by"open package" and press done & complete package.
Then I take the folder I used to store this files I just extracted and so, and rename it to "HTC_Album_V.....4127", and place it in the EXT/Diamond folder?
Just like that? I see a different pattern in this folder than the others in the ext/ folder, mine is loaded with tons of files, the others has first reg file, 0409 and files folder.
Does it mater?
the way I just described...is good? is there anything else supposed to be done in order to add a cab file to the rom?

peetx

Apr 29, 2007
ervius package converter ?

Look, I have a cab lets say its "HTC_Album_V_2.5.1820.4127.cab"
So I:
1. use packages creator and open cab, then I press the button to extract it with msceinf and then I get a file and windows folder.
Then I select this package by"open package" and press done & complete package.
Then I take the folder I used to store this files I just extracted and so, and rename it to "HTC_Album_V.....4127", and place it in the EXT/Diamond folder?
Just like that? I see a different pattern in this folder than the others in the ext/ folder, mine is loaded with tons of files, the others has first reg file, 0409 and files folder.
Does it mater?
the way I just described...is good? is there anything else supposed to be done in order to add a cab file to the rom?

No - when files are extracted by msceinf you close this app and get back to ervius package creator, there click done and afterards complete package. this will get you folder in path of cab, this folder convert by ervius package converter and this will reflect same folder structure as ohter packages in ext/diamond, so place new package there and youre done

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay,

in this example we are going to use genious Bepe's PlatformRebuilder Kitchen and Mondilv's Nataly ROM. You get this in one package from Nataly Projektpage, just download the latest stable Nataly Kitchen. While no one else seems to have problems, on my Diamond 2.7 makes weird device behaviour, so i recommend 2.6 :D

Bepe's new kitchen is not limited to Diamond devices, the more it is able to port foreign OS into your kitchen very easy and very well, more the more it is able to manage different language versions in one and only kitchen and most the more it can simultaniously manage different ROM Versions, as Lite, Premium, etc. Take a look at the kitchen tutorial, alternativly found here as file - you'll be surprised :) !!! With some luck he is gonna publish a grafical GUI for his kitchen in a while - so stay tuned.

• Preparation: Make shure you got unsigned HardSPL installed!!!

• First step: Unpack Nataly kitchen directly to your C-Drive e.g.: "C:\nataly\..."!

• Second step: Remove all packages/folders from underneath EN_KITCHEN you think you won't need.

• Third step: If you want to add packages/apps from folder "_ADDS/EXT/Diamond" you just have to drag and drop them back to "EN_KITCHEN/EXT/Diamond". If you want to add packages/apps from folder "_ADDS/SYS" you may drag and drop them to "EN_KITCHEN/SYS" or you may convert them to the new package format Bebe is using and afterwards drag and drop them to "EN_KITCHEN/EXT/Diamond". Ervius did write us a tool EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe to do this by simply letting the folder drop onto it and all other is done automatically. After this you can cut/copy and paste the directory to path EXT/Diamond/...! It will get included by platformrebuilder automatically too. *

• Fourth step: If you want to include other apps you like, you need to use Ervius (yes again) genious Ervius_Package_Creator found in the kitchen under path UTILS/.... Open the cab file and MSCEInfen will get opened automatically. Click "Extract CAB files with original names in folder" - Button (CAB and this folder MUST have the same path!) and close MSCEInfen, you get returned to package creator and may further correct things or not, at this stage of knowhow, maybe better leave all to Package Creator, it will do the rest the right way. So just click DONE and COMPLETE PACKAGE. Now you need Ervius EXT_PAckages_rebuilder again to get package converted into new format and thereafter you may add it to EXT/Diamond/...! *

• Last Step: Click "build_rom.bat" under path EN_KITCHEN and wait - when finished there will be the file "OS-new.nb" which you have to select in automatically opened HTCRT.exe under item OS and further select the platform from dropdown, etc., fill in Version number etc. and thereafter you will get a file "OS-new.nbh" or whatever you named it in HTCRT. [see screenshot below]

* If your application now does not work correctly (quite a few will not do by now :D) you should dump your registry with e.g. dotfreds FDCSoft Taskmanagers builtin RegistryEditor. "Export All" found in context menu, do this before and after manual installation of the app, copy both dumped reg files to PC and compare them with e.g. Advanced Registry Tracer (Elcomsoft), export the differences and clean hives (keys) that you don't need (e.g. application foreign keys) add the rest to your corresponding app.reg file!

You are ready to flash your own ROM with DiamondCustomRUU.exe now. Got it?

DONT FORGET: ALL YOU DO IS AT YOUR TOTALLY OWN RISK!

Your own SOURCE for ROM?
    This has been simple, didn't it? So if you'd like to use other source ROM (maybe that of your provider or country) you should download Bepe's Basic Kitchen and the Toolset from darkforcesteam-forum and watch his video tutorial, as this shows everything you need to know step by step. After another 5 minutes you got your own source kitchened what else do you need?

Upgrading your OS? That's far as simple. Watch this video and you'll laugh because of simplicity.

Hope i did not forget something, lol!

Have fun...;)

P.S.: If you find this useful, you may vote the thread and the more you could post a reply, as this may keep the thread up in list and therefore findable to others, as it is not sticky!